PDA

View Full Version : New Adult Wii Game Coming Soon

wraggster
January 7th, 2007, 17:52
Via Nibris (http://www.nibris.net/)

A new horror game called Sadness is being developed and its for over 21 year olds:

"...In my head there is a voice, different from the others. Whenever it answers it overwhelms the remaining voices, it mixes up thoughts and destroys peace. It tells me that I'm only mixed up in a thought which yearns to prove its own existence. It is the original voice, which wants to free itself from my head, to free itself from the logic and reason it is being stifled by. It is the voice of chaos which is now screaming frightfully in my head for me to take an axe resting against the wall and cut off my father's head..."From the upstart Cracow, Poland development team of NIBRIS, Sadness is a gothic horror adventure game with survival horror elements. The game plans to make players confront their fears with only what they can grab up out of their environment to protect them.

LilSwish722
January 7th, 2007, 19:14
I just got my Wii yesterday so I'm looking for any good games. This sounds good so I'll check it out

sonikku88
January 7th, 2007, 19:23
Aww, when you said "adult" I thought you meant sexy. :(

I don't like scary games. X[

LilSwish722
January 7th, 2007, 19:27
^ ^
That's what i thought at first lol

Video_freak
January 7th, 2007, 20:06
^ ^
That's what i thought at first lol

I thought that too. :P

muffinman
January 7th, 2007, 21:34
ive got to say i thought it would be a real adult game :p

Wolf_Hook
January 7th, 2007, 22:29
Sounds very familiar to an open source PC game I read about.

The name was Penumbra, more info can be found here: http://frictionalgames.com/penumbra

You are just running around stacking furniture up against doors and stuff like that to keep the badness out. Sounds good but I doubt I will be able to play it for more than five minutes at a time. Don't like horror stuff.

Good sign of intent from Nintendo though, they really need this type of thing if they want to stay on top. It's OK having cartoon style graphics for games as long as they play well but they have to get an even balance these days or the great start the Wii has had will decline rapidly when the novelty wears off.

JKKDARK
January 8th, 2007, 01:35
oh finally a good game ^_^

demon-seed
January 8th, 2007, 03:59
Nice to see an adult game...I have been scratching my head..the wii controls are great but why not improve the games? like the sports game is fun..but imagine if they actually made better graphics etc..they could make a new age punchout etc...are there plans to do that? to me alot of the games a kiddish......they are fun..but the system would dominate if they improved the screens to cater to look more realistic.. so many possiblities.

Jim

Destroyer699
January 8th, 2007, 04:28
I was really hoping for somthing truly "adult"...

Way to get out hopes up Wraggs, then let them down....

Duobix
January 8th, 2007, 15:32
Nirbis is a good, polish developer. I live in poland, and when they where thinking about some ideas and things, they 've asked polish console gamers. (PS. I've read about sadness half a year ago)

idapimp
January 8th, 2007, 20:32
that sounds cool as hell. i love horror games