PDA

View Full Version : PSP MAC Address Changer v2

wraggster
January 7th, 2007, 19:23
News/release from gracz

So, I thought I'd release what I've done now.
This one is a PSP MAC address changer - it's still noobproof unfortunately, but you can surely modify the MAC...

So, download the EBOOT which is included with this post and paste it into psp/game150 (or psp/game) [I've only tested this on 3.03 OE-A, mind you].

Run the app and press X to dump the MAC ID.
Then, grab any hex editor (I use Hex Workshop) and you should see your MAC in hexes at the beggining of the file. Change the MAC to whatever you wish, just don't type in new characters or change anything else except the MAC, because it could brick if you would do so.
Save the file and run the app again, this time press O and the left trigger to flash the file to the IDStorage.
Bam, you should have a changed MAC address! If not, well... you will have a nice doorstep.

I don't take any responsibility for any of your bricked PSPs, remember.

And thanks to harleyg for his work on IDStorage, sorry I forgot about it in the first place.

So, time for version 2.

Changelog:

- a few bugfixes
- added a few checks
- added 1.5 version
- added proper thanks

Download Via Comments
via gracz (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1304343&postcount=1)

SpooForBrains
January 7th, 2007, 19:39
For clarification:

This DOES NOT change your PSP's MAC address. It changes what the PSP thinks its MAC address is. It's purely cosmetic and it can break compatibility with some games that use online play.

joshisposer
January 7th, 2007, 21:28
I am wondering wat the percent of compatibility on this is? It's probably really high none the less. Great program for all the modifiers out there.

Shrygue
January 7th, 2007, 21:30
Hmm, update for MAC address changer. Right, I'm getting this now...

cloud_952
January 7th, 2007, 22:19
And it's still totally useless! =D

I appreciate the work the author's doing.. but I have absolutely no clue why anyone would need or want this. I mean, if it really changed your MAC and you could spoof, that'd be totally awesome and helpful for using other wireless networks. But as it is now.. who cares what my PSP thinks its MAC is?

F9zDark
January 7th, 2007, 22:32
Some people feel cool having their mac address say shit...

But I second Cloud on this one; thanks for the contribution, but yeah... no use.

theaceoffire
January 8th, 2007, 05:31
I disagree, I think this is VERY useful to a certain group.

Anyone who does a lot of videos and so forth HATES having to edit out the MAC, so being able to easily change the display allows you to post stuff on Youtube and so forth safer.

mnuhaily22
January 8th, 2007, 07:00
If you change the IDStorage of a PSP, then does it stay that way forever even if you downgrade and upgrade, cause I updated to 3.03 OE-A', but I also wanna try 1.5, so is it still possible to downgrade, or do I have to go to 2.71, then to 1.5, I have a ta-082...

urherenow
January 9th, 2007, 07:02
IT IS USEFULL!!!

I bricked a PSP a long time ago (I was stupid and trid to run an official update from devhook... it went so far then couldn't read from the file again). Soooo... I managed to get a new motherboard from the 'net. Since I changed the motherboard, my REAL MAC address (as reported from my wireless router) and the MAC address reported by my PSP have been different. Now I will be able to remidy that situation. This program is therefore usefull to anyone who has had to change their PSP motherboard.

Guyvermaxc
November 20th, 2007, 10:23
Dear Wraggster,
I still don't get it for changing the MAC address to whatever I wish. Could you give me an example? Is that mean I can change it to, maybe, 000000000000000?
Max

oliboy69
December 10th, 2008, 03:28
does this work with 3.90m33?