PDA

View Full Version : AVI PLAYER on PSP?

gordon
January 8th, 2007, 05:20
I wonder if anyone could make a player that works on the psp.
I was thinking of something along the lines of Portable VLC.
VLC Media player can run any format, I Was wondering is it possible to make it into a homebrew?
Then I could watch AVI's without converting them! :thumbup:

Quadeblaze
January 8th, 2007, 05:27
that would be nice, no more hasle with converting, ive actually thought of that too..... i would try to do it.... but i lack the skillz.... sigh

mcvader
January 8th, 2007, 06:05
I remember seeing an avi payer way back, it didn't have a gui tho but it played vids smoothly, can't remember the name, but it's on this site somewhere.

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 09:17
ummm... the new firmwares already support AVI videos... i tried on devhooked 3.02 a while bak B4 i downgraded

dejkirkby
January 8th, 2007, 09:35
I've just tried some avi files, with DivX and Xvid codecs and they are both unsupported. what codecs were your avi's?

razorak
January 8th, 2007, 09:51
was there something called PSPlayerMT?? if i remembered correctly it could play avi files...

IronX
January 8th, 2007, 14:26
I downloaded an avi player from psp hacks the very second day I got my PSP, it worked, but it was a tad slow when starting up the avi movies.

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 20:17
i dont know what i used. i had an avi file on my computer and i decided to put it in my video folder, and it worked fine for me

ganon
January 8th, 2007, 20:25
Yes use psplayermt I use it all the time

mavsman4457
January 8th, 2007, 20:25
Why hasn't there been any posts about this? That is awesome news. Does it still have to be 272x480 or smaller, or can it be any size? If there was no size limit then I would be absolutely amazed. That is the one thing I was hoping for in a custom firmware.

IronX
January 8th, 2007, 20:42
Yes use psplayermt I use it all the time

That's the one I tried once, it's too slow.

dejkirkby
January 8th, 2007, 20:44
I just tried PSPlayerMT and it's pretty good. I convert most of my video files with ImToo Mpeg Encoder and it will play Xvid Encoded AVI's with no problem.

gordon
January 10th, 2007, 20:21
converting is a piss off and takes time. Only if the psp can really play the avi in full screen without lag or sound problems.
Maybe the new custom firmware will have a release like that.
Not sure. But lets hope for it.

zevende
January 10th, 2007, 21:16
Just use .PMP or the native .MP4. You have to reconvert your .AVI's most of the time anyway using an .AVI player.

sakamoto
January 11th, 2007, 01:15
converting is a piss off and takes time. Only if the psp can really play the avi in full screen without lag or sound problems.
Maybe the new custom firmware will have a release like that.
Not sure. But lets hope for it.
divx/xvid support will never be implemented because of the simple fact that the nand has a limited volume. dark-alex has now already to make trade-offs between several features he would like to implement. consequently this is also the reason why region free movie support has been removed.

so answer is no and will stay no unless D_A will prove the opposite (which will probably never happen)

ganon
January 11th, 2007, 19:35
using psplayermt and pocketdivx is really easy and quiik

cal360
January 12th, 2007, 22:06
If I have an avi's I use pimpstreamer to stream them, but that the only program i know that will play them