PDA

View Full Version : hmmm... Is it me? Or does it feel like 3.02oe-b is better?

Gene
January 8th, 2007, 06:37
i don't know about anyone else but i really feel as if my psp was better at version 3.02OE-B instead of 3.03OE-A'

here is why:

-As soon as i updated to 3.03OE-A i noticed that my beloved final fantasy 8 would freeze a hellava lot more frequent. i don't just mean by a little bit, but by a few hours or so. At 3.02OE-b, i would be playing final fantasy 8 2-3 hours or so without as much as a sound glitch until it randomly froze, BUT as soon as i upgraded to 3.03OE-a i noticed the random freezing was comming more and more frequent. Later when the 3.03OE-a' was released i upgraded once more hoping that it would somehow solve my unfortunate problem or at least make it less noticeabe. But it appears i was wrong. or at least that is what i have concluded. only moments after upgrading to 3.03OE-a' i once again booted up final fantasy 8 it took about 4 minuts to randomly freeze...Hmmm? i tought maybe this is just a once in a blue moon thing...So again i booted up FF8... about 2-3 minuts in i tried to summon my lvl 60 diablos and BAM! frozen. thats when i figured this can't be just a coincidence. but again i just tought that perhaps it will just go away after i play my beloved gpSP.

That's where my true problem lies. i switched memory sticks booted up gpSP and it wouldn't boot up... no matter what i did it just WOULDN'T boot up.
i really don't know guys. can anybody help me out i really don't know what to do. if anyone can confirm this or disprove this please do so. thanks

joshisposer
January 8th, 2007, 07:52
Make sure the stick is real for gpsp. there's like a way to tell, i can't remember. it says if its magic gate compatible or something. like, it could be a working but fake stick that won't work on 3.03

dejkirkby
January 8th, 2007, 08:02
To check if your MS is MagicGate compatible you highlight the video icon press triangle and then x on Information. This doesn't necessarily prove it is a fake MS though, as the 1GB's I got in my sons GigaPack were unsupported.

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 09:09
also chek wut folder u have gpsp in. i felt that somethin was rong in 303 OE A, but 303 OE A' made me feel more confortable for some reason....

razorak
January 8th, 2007, 09:49
by "wouldn't boot up" do u mean getting stuck at the white background with 'PSP' screen?

Mr. Shizzy
January 8th, 2007, 10:11
Did you manually change your "GAME302" folder to "GAME303" ?

Gene
January 9th, 2007, 00:17
I believe it was just a bad dump or something like that.

I just downgraded back to 1.5 and the went back up to 3.03OE-A'.

it works perfectly now! Thanks!

oh and, that memory stick trick is pretty nifty thank you a ton! I can now see which memory sticks will work better on my psp.
:thumbup:

SSaxdude
January 9th, 2007, 00:55
3.03 OE-A supports compressed PSX games, which is nice.