PDA

View Full Version : Special Doom Releases

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 21:50
i was checking out gp32x and noticed their great amount of Doom pwads/addons and thought how cool would it be to have a NXdoom STar Wars release etc etc

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,24 is the link

anyone got any advice /will they work etc ?

MetaFox
April 6th, 2005, 23:20
I got all of them to work on nxdoom a while back. I had them on Dream On before it went down.

they don't work out of the box, but they're easy to adapt.

wraggster
April 7th, 2005, 19:36
ooh

/me persuades Metafox to re release ;)

/me offfers domain metafox.dcemu.co.uk ;)

DCDayDreamer
April 7th, 2005, 19:51
Me pleads with MetaFox for a DCEvo Mega-Doom compilation image.

Christuserloeser
April 10th, 2005, 07:34
I could swear that they'd need Doom2 to work... Otherwise I am with DCDayDreamer: Let's get it on ;)

wraggster
April 10th, 2005, 12:04
even small doom releases that dont need the commercial wads but with one mod say the starwars mod would be awesome :)

Christuserloeser
April 10th, 2005, 14:18
1. What exactly did you do to make them work properly, e.g. title resolution?
2. Are you really sure they work on nxDoom for Dreamcast - not nxDoom Win32/Dos ?!
3. What happend to DreamOn?

MetaFox
April 10th, 2005, 18:11
1. What exactly did you do to make them work properly, e.g. title resolution?I used a Doom editor program. The name escapes me at the time, but it's easy to do.

2. Are you really sure they work on nxDoom for Dreamcast - not nxDoom Win32/Dos ?!What works on nxDoom for Windows works for the Dreamcast, it's built on the same codebase. There's probably discrepencies between the two - BA could tell you more. But I've never found a game that loaded on one that didn't load on the other. The Win32 version's major purpose is for just that: to test compatibility without having to burn a CD first.

3. What happend to DreamOn?Hosting costs...

Darksaviour69
April 11th, 2005, 12:02
wraggs said that you could get space here for DreamOn

Christuserloeser
April 18th, 2005, 22:53
Thanks for the info Meta, remembers me to burn a nxDoom CD soon... I'll let you know if DOOM2.WAD is needed to get them to work.... Would be awesome if not though :)

BlackAura
April 26th, 2005, 02:35
I have found a couple of WADs that didn't work on nxDoom Dreamcast, but worked on nxDoom Windows. I think they ran out of memory on the Dreamcast.

wraggster
April 26th, 2005, 03:09
theres a sonic wad on gp32spain id like to try on nxdoom, anyone have a decent tutorial for wad inclusion