PDA

View Full Version : DS Organize 2.4 beta

wraggster
January 8th, 2007, 22:31
DragonMinded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) has posted a new version of .DS Organize

Here's the change list:

# Fixed the infamous crash bug in IRC when someone parted with a message. (This one was hard to find!)
# Fixed some translation issues with the Configuration page.
# Fixed bug in .sd.nds and .ds.gba booting.
# Fixed text wrapping errors on rename file and address book screens.
# Fixed help text stuck on screen in sound player after viewing help.
# Fixed another parsing error with vcards.
# Fixed clipping issue with spray bottle tool in scribble pad.
# Fixed issues with displaying some error messages in irc.
# Fixed inconsistency with nds launcher and cards not supported by built-in loader.
# Fixed issue with gautami font and some upper ascii characters being mapped wrong.
# Fixed a minor streaming buffer bug that seems to help with stability.
# Fixed pausing streams caused streaming to crash.
# Added dynamic loading of code for DSO specific plugins.
# Added customizable iconsets.
# Added .aac playback.
# Added m4a/m4b file playback. The DS is too slow for higher bitrate m4a files but lower bitrates should work.
# Added irc.ini file where users can customize DSO IRC.
# Added descriptions to most of the settings in the configuration.
# Added in fallback so foreign languages without help translations will still display english help.
# Added ability to choose specific streams within a .pls file.
# Added several commands (topic, mode, invite, kick, motd, version, ping, time, ctcp, whowas) to irc.
# Added new dldi interface to allow patching to new/unsupported cards.
# Added ogg vorbis streaming support in shoutcast and icecast servers.
# Added aac streaming support in shoutcast and icecast servers.
# Added an easter egg. See if you can find it!
# Added setting so DSOrganize remembers the last playback mode.
# Added legend to todo screen in help.
# Added m3u playlist support.
# Added symbols for copyright, registered, trademark, euro, pound, and yen to the character set.
# Changed random mode in playback to act more like shuffle.
# Changed picture loading screen to just moving bar, as progress was terribly inaccurate.
# Changed hilighting style on menus.
# Changed streaming detection to properly support iceCast streams.
# Changed buffer behavior on streams to buffer to 200% and more vigorously, for longer stream times.
# Changed .pls file parser to allow regular file playlists.
# Changed browser pull-up menu support to be easier to get to.
# Initialized volume to stop the 500% error when booting from moonshell.
# Re-ported tremor and mad for much better audio playback.
# Updated dswifi library to latest as usual.
# Stopped scrollbar from appearing on very short html files.
# Looked at microphone code, no real way to make the quality better due to speed of writing.
# Redid home screen splash to instead be an overview of the day.
# Made it so the browser doesn't sequentially or randomly play playlist files in sound mode, and changed the playlist icon.
# Rewrote a lot of the HTML renderer. It renders slower now, but will load much much longer pages.

* Fixed weird wordwrap issue with multiple font sizes
* Fixed a bug with style tags at the very end of an html file
* Fixed a bug where opening a page with different colored links left all pages displaying that link color.
* Added bullets and numbered lists
* Stopped extra whitespaces from appearing
* Changed formatting for <div> and <p> tags
* Added <hr>, <big>, <tt>, <code>, <strike>, <h6>, <frameset> with <noframes>, <sub>, <sup>, <em> <strong>, <cite>, <dfn>, <var>, <samp>, <kbd>
* Ignores <script> and <style> tag contents isntead of rendering as text

DSOrganize is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place. It is by no means comparible to a full-fledged organizer such as a palm, and it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pax13
January 8th, 2007, 22:56
Woohoo! Iconsets, yummi!

Go Go, Photoshop Go!

basilb
January 8th, 2007, 22:58
please, update the drama! :p

Jeromel
January 8th, 2007, 23:11
Hopefully DragonMinded will adopt the DLDI library. I remember Dragon was getting a bit frustrated with trying to support all the cards out there.

basilb
January 8th, 2007, 23:19
yeh, im surprised he has updated it, but really pleased. this is a great app, can only thank dragonminded for his work

soad825
January 8th, 2007, 23:38
since its DLDI will it work W/MMD?

DooMeh1
January 9th, 2007, 00:32
since its DLDI will it work W/MMD?

It didn't for me :(

Junixx
January 9th, 2007, 00:36
Dude sweet I thought this was discontinued :thumbup:

kcajblue
January 9th, 2007, 01:09
Dude sweet I thought this was discontinued :thumbup:so did i.
but i guess its not.
this is awesome news. :D

canvasch
January 9th, 2007, 01:24
i'll try it in a little bit.. hopefully it will work better than the previous one....... the older one would not save properly on my supercard minisd and it would also crash often.....

DoughBoi
January 9th, 2007, 01:40
yea, i thought this project was dropped. I'm glad its picked up again. The biggest issue in the previous version was that it couldn't save. Hopefully, this one would be able to. Can't wait to try it.

EDIT: just tried it. Daily planner and scribble pad saves. Todo list and daily reminder does not after like 3 data inputs. Still, nice update and i'm looking forward to the final product. thanks

EDIT again: everything saved disapppears after restart.

trezzer
January 9th, 2007, 03:07
Excellent news! I'm really happy to see DSOrganize back :D :D :D

Kaeruyaki
January 9th, 2007, 08:14
Works great on my Supercard MicroSD. I was just wondering today if Dragonminded would make a comeback. He did some nice fine-tuning.

SuperJMN
January 9th, 2007, 11:27
I tried to patch the DSOrganize.ds.gba with the DLDI that corresponds to M3SD but when I start DSOrganize it only says "Trying the patched driver"

The cow animates but it remains here forever.

Anybody has make it work on M3 SD??

Vegetable
January 9th, 2007, 11:51
Gee, I wasn't expecting drama-*** to come back so fast; not at all.

canvasch
January 9th, 2007, 12:43
i hate this program... i had to format my card because of it...

i loaded it up.. tried to save a "to-do" file.. restarted it.. and it did not save.. it turned all my text to giberish along with the save name... just like the other version...... anyways.... so i delete the rom off my sd and i go to delete the DSOragnize folder...... and it won't delete.. i tried using programs that delete anything, like unlocker, purgeIE... i even used their "delete at boot" which has always deleted corrupted files before..... anyways...
what the dso did was creat like 8 files that claimed they were 33gbs each..... also the file names were all strange symbols.. the folder was only 8mbs and i could have left it.. but i just couldn't stand keeping folder on there.....

ikarimaru
January 9th, 2007, 13:52

*clap* Wow, how insightful... No wonder he went away in the first place.

Thanks for this release, Dragonminded. I for one am glad to see you back. I don't know specifically the drama that made you leave, but I'm glad you're past it.

jojotjuh
January 9th, 2007, 16:14

................................... **** you
------------
whatever

nice !
i'm going to test it soon!
thanks DM!

PeterFile
January 9th, 2007, 18:56
Leave Veg alone, because he's right - he did it for attention.

DooMeh1
January 9th, 2007, 20:04
I wish somebody would make a version of this for MMCF. I have tried the version for it that works but doesn't save anything any I love it! Doesn't look like thats going to happen though... :(

TeenDev
January 9th, 2007, 21:32
this would be so awesome with MMD. i could re-name it bootme.nds and never have to use that crappy one again.

jester13
January 9th, 2007, 23:04
How can you install it in M3 lite?

Cygoku
January 10th, 2007, 00:56
The app and the guy suck, it's not working on SCL!

Cygoku

Joel92
January 10th, 2007, 01:39

common practice is, if you can't contribute anything better than him... then shut the HECK up.

The app and the guy suck, it's not working on SCL!

Cygoku

Same for you. I bet you couldn't create a program worth a pigeon's turd, so suck it up if it doesnt work on your SCL, dont get mad at him.

Anyways, Im glad you're back DM, this was a great app from the beginning... i hope you keep enjoying creating this project!!

soad825
January 10th, 2007, 03:03
I wish somebody would make a version of this for MMCF. I have tried the version for it that works but doesn't save anything any I love it! Doesn't look like thats going to happen though... :(
which version that works and where to find it and how? plz sm1 tell me:( :confused:

Cygoku
January 10th, 2007, 20:22
common practice is, if you can't contribute anything better than him... then shut the HECK up.

Same for you. I bet you couldn't create a program worth a pigeon's turd, so suck it up if it doesnt work on your SCL, dont get mad at him.

Anyways, Im glad you're back DM, this was a great app from the beginning... i hope you keep enjoying creating this project!!Haha, what a funny guy. I can bitch all I want on any subject if I want to! :) Too bad for you man!

Cygoku

mechanicalchildren
January 11th, 2007, 14:28
Excellent! The best app for DS just got an unexpected update. Who the F*** would complain about this? It's a commercial quality app for the ds and its free. So what he announced he was quiting ds homebrew, it sounds like a pain in the ass with card compatibility. He's back BI/TCHES! complain all you want.:rofl:

souLLy
January 11th, 2007, 14:58
Veg go a warning for being abusive, anyone else who continues will get one too. Joel had it right when he said "common practice is, if you can't contribute anything better than him... then shut the HECK up."

denniss4000
January 13th, 2007, 17:04
sweet now can he make one for the gbamp sd too? plz