PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: Get LocationFree Player flashed into 3.02 OE-B!

IndianCheese
January 8th, 2007, 23:21
If you are one of the lucky, like me, who have a LocationFree base station, you know what a hassle it is to load up Devhook everytime you want to watch some TV because of its removal from OE firmwares. Well here is how you can revive the lost LocationFree Player in your flash!

As always, I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your PSP. It worked on mine, but it may not on yours for whatever reason.

Here's what you'll need:

A PSP with 3.02 OE-B (3.03 OE-A could very well work, but has not been tested.)
A dump of 3.00, 3.01, 3.02, or 3.03 firmware
PSP Filer
A LocationFree base station already registered to your PSP

If not already, put the firmware dump onto your PSP.
Start PSP Filer.
Go into flash0 (press start until flash0: is the selected drive).
Go into the FONT folder.
Delete "jpn0.pgf".
Highlight "ltn0.pgf" and press X then O.
Switch to "ramdisk:".
Highlight "ltn0.pgf" and press X then R.
Rename the file "jpn0.pgf".
Switch back to "flash0:" and press L+R+left to switch to HACKER MODE.
Go into the FONT folder and press X then /\.
After the message "1 file copied!" is displayed, go back into the Memory Stick.
With relatively the same process, copy the following files from the dump into their corresponding folders in the flash:

VSH/NODULE/lftv_main_plugin.prx
VSH/NODULE/lftv_middleware.prx
VSH/NODULE/lftv_plugin.prx
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_main_plugin.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_rmc_univer3in1.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_rmc_univer3in1_jp.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_rmc_univerpanel.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_rmc_univerpanel_jp.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_tuner_jp_jp.rco
VSH/RESOURCE/lftv_tuner_us_en.rco

You may also need to permanently disable Network Update with X-Flash...that might take up enough flash space to upset this process. IDK, it was disabled on my PSP when I did it.

In addition, if your base station is registered to your devulated (emulated with devhook, best word i ever made) firmware, you will also need to copy your system.dreg and system.ireg files to your flash1.

The LocationFree Player will now be accessable on your PSP. Please note that the procedure above deletes the Japanese system font and replaces it with, basically, a dummy file, so Japanese text appears a slight bit warped, but readable for the most part, and a random underscore will occasionally appear in place of some English characters and/or symbols. But it sure beats the sh!t out of starting Devhook every time!

Enjoy, fellow TV addicts!

If any coder is up to making a program that does all of this automatically, go ahead (but it would be nice to see my username in there for partial credit.)

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 23:30
nicceeee, wuts wit all these updates now?? lol

broie
January 8th, 2007, 23:30
sorry if i sound like a noob but what does the locationfree player do?:p

baracki96
January 8th, 2007, 23:41
YES! I was right. Someone on another thread asked if it was possible to have location free, and I told him to do everything in this guide, almost exactly, before this guide was released. Maybe I should post tutorials of things like this....

S34MU5
January 8th, 2007, 23:52
" IndianCheese
PSP Flash Coder"

what did you code?

kieso
January 9th, 2007, 00:28
I just did this before this tutorial came out with some direction (help) from someone. It was trying but I got it. Don't forget to replace that font exactly as he says or you'll end up having to recover to 1.5 or possibly a brick. I actually deleted a dictionary file & never replaced it with a fake file. There were no problems running anything else. Actually you don't need the rco & prx files that have the _jp on them unless you plan on using the japanese version sometime. So that'll leave you a little flash space.

IndianCheese
January 9th, 2007, 00:32
LocationFree Player lets you watch live TV on your PSP.

I coded the ICP Phlash Portal.

vision
January 9th, 2007, 00:41
You should make a easy installer or something this is dangerous stuff

hmong
January 9th, 2007, 02:10
I don't know why you guys would try to mess w/ the flash just to get Location Free Player to work. Couldn't you just DevHook .46 - .52 with firmwares from 2.71 - 3.03 to get it.

kieso
January 9th, 2007, 02:50
I don't know why you guys would try to mess w/ the flash just to get Location Free Player to work. Couldn't you just DevHook .46 - .52 with firmwares from 2.71 - 3.03 to get it.

I personally don't have any experience with devhook but I tried it with 3.02oe-a and didn't have any luck. I thought I followed the instructions (read several times) and it just kept telling me to reboot evertime so I went the firmware route. I figured if DA could disable location free then I could disable a couple other options such as the camera, gps, & RSS as I never will use those options, plus the one .dic file I got rid of. I don't suggest it to people who have never messed with the flash0. It took some help from Snyper Wolf to get me started till I got comfortable with it.

pkmaximum
January 9th, 2007, 02:57
Don't have a Location Free Base Station but this is still pretty interesting =]

Mr. Shizzy
January 9th, 2007, 06:45
Isn't the PS3 supposed to have a built in Location free Base ?
If so, I'm doing this. :D

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 9th, 2007, 18:02
sounds wierd but cool! thx...

PSP 101
January 9th, 2007, 19:24
So how does this work on 3.03OE-A? Because the location free player was removed to free flash space.

kieso
January 9th, 2007, 20:42
That tutorial probably (not sure) would work on 3.03oe-a but you would have to get a normal 3.03 to extract the files. I did it on 3.02oe-b b4 this came out just because I had already started doing it b4 3.03oe-a came out. I didn't upgrade yet because i'm worried itll rewrite the whole flash and get rid of all the work & testing I was doing to get LCTV back in. Basically if you don't have a location free base station don't bother worrying about it but at least the possibility is there to put the function back in if you buy one in the future. I got mine at Amazon for $150...it was a great deal