PDA

View Full Version : Converting NES & SNES rom files into Wii Channels?

perljamz10
January 8th, 2007, 23:29
Just out of curiosity, is there any way to convert original nintendo and super nintendo cartridge-roms into Nintendo Wii Channels...that way they could be saved onto a memory card and loaded through the SD port on the Wii. Then you could play them on the Wii as channels, just like the virtual console games that you download from the Wii Store. Im sure if this hasnt been figured out already it will be soon, especially if hacking for the nintendo wii progresses as far as hacking on the psp. any info?

Kramer
January 8th, 2007, 23:34
Not yet my friend.

Right now the hackers are still looking for an exploit to run unsigned code.

Deburner
January 21st, 2007, 21:55
theoritically yes

just not yet

you would have to encrypt the game

check out http://www.wiili.org/index.php/SD_Card_File_System

mastersho
February 4th, 2007, 02:04
but what about all of the extra stuff the big N places on those channels like the operations guides and what not?

kittenluvermeowz
March 6th, 2007, 01:16
This Is Illegal

Man
March 6th, 2007, 01:44
This Is Illegal

YOU'RE ILLEGAL, i dont think it should be if it is, only if you have a pile of NES, SNES games lying around, maybe nintendo should stop beating $$$$ out of 20 year old corpses of games. Also three word posts suck and dont ad to the thread what so ever, and i cant wait for some kind of Wii emulation, my internts sucks and i couldnt download WII games from the store when i wanted to anyways,

Yami Mario
March 7th, 2007, 14:15
We could just edit a channels main code to nothing, run the channel, and see what happens.

Nicko01
March 23rd, 2007, 19:49
no, they are encrypted. It wont show up on the memory card if you edit them.
same with game saves and all other data.

Yami Mario
April 7th, 2007, 16:11
Oh yeah... I forgot that.

jbbdude
April 15th, 2007, 17:51
This Is Illegal
there is nes,snes,genesis, tubo-grafx,n64 homebrew that WOULD be legal...