View Full Version : Savestate plugin?

andrewgabriel77
January 9th, 2007, 14:08
Would it be possible to create a savestate plugin for pops? I'm sure I'm not the only one...buy I don't always have time to get to a "Save Point" before having to exit a game.

Khorney
January 12th, 2007, 16:07
meh, sleep mode works pretty well for that, its kinda of annoying, but they tend to be gamebreaking aswell

Shrygue
January 12th, 2007, 16:31
The save state plugin sounds like a great idea. It would be useful for multi-disk PSX games and you aren't offered the chance to save when you're asked to load the next "disk", like Chrono Cross maybe.

andrewgabriel77
January 12th, 2007, 19:16
meh, sleep mode works pretty well for that, its kinda of annoying, but they tend to be gamebreaking aswell

Yeah, but my problem is that I'm a truck driver...I'm often times playing a game while waiting for my load to be ready. When it's ready, I've gotta go and then while I'm driving I listen to audiobook mp3's...so sleep mode doesn't work since I have to exit the game to get to the xmb to start my mp3's. That's why in my case a savestate function would be really useful.

Apoklepz
January 12th, 2007, 20:03
Sounds like a great idea...Metal Gear Solid has the problem of not save transferring to the next disk.

gelon
January 15th, 2007, 11:04
CWCheat will maybe add this feature in the future

Its only a dump of memory like the real savestate points

Accordion
January 15th, 2007, 15:52
its a good idea... but i cant see how a savestate option would help the disc swap issue..

andrewgabriel77
January 16th, 2007, 03:47
its a good idea... but i cant see how a savestate option would help the disc swap issue..

you've got a point on that....for that issue they need a way to swap out iso's or eboots without actually exiting the game

but a savestate function would still be very useful