PDA

View Full Version : The Hardest Boss

Gold Line
January 9th, 2007, 16:16
What is the hardest boss you have seen in a game?

this is the hardest boss i have seen

Game: Final Fantasy 7
Console: Ps1
Name of Boss: Emerald weapon
Comments: it took me ages to beat emerald weapon well it can kill you in one turn

jimmi
January 9th, 2007, 16:22
hm.. hardest boss..

game:ff7

emerald weapon gotta do it 4 me too hes gnarly

Apoklepz
January 9th, 2007, 16:27
Took the words right out of my mouth already, but I'd also like to add this one here.

Game: Mortal Kombat 1
Console:Arcade
Name of Boss:Raiden/Scorpion Endurance in Pit Level
Comments:For some reason, I could never (only once or twice) beat this deadly duo when the endurance was set in the Pit level. The difficulty seemed to increase ten fold. All your moves were premeditated by the CPU, and if Raiden was the second to beat, there was no way in hell you'd get past him. My friend in P.R. has the Arcade Board at his house, but I have also tested this with MAME. This is at the Highest Difficulty setting, so it should be of no surprise. Besides this one encounter, the rest of the game is very possible to beat.

Gotta say, although this is not an official Boss encounter, it always seemed like it, cuz Goro and Tsung were a breeze compared to these two in a row on the Pit Level.

One more...The last DrugLord Boss from the old N.A.R.C. game is annoying as F**K to beat on your own...try it if you are patient.

chrisnoob
January 9th, 2007, 16:39
for me it was ff8. disc 4 start adel. once you were there you couldnt go back and get supplies..couldnt beat her

Gold Line
January 9th, 2007, 16:43
just remembered another hard boss

Game: Super Smash Bros Melee
Console: Gamecube
Name of Boss: Event 51 giga bowser mewtwo and ganandorf
Comments: this one took me ages and ages to beat after the 200th try i finaly beat them with ganandorf

Apoklepz
January 9th, 2007, 16:53
Game:Kingdom Hearts
Console:PS2
Name of Boss:Sephiroth
Comments:Took me a while...and for those of you saying he's easy, try doing it without the guide for a first time ;)...This fight is all about chance though.

Next up is not a Boss, but a whole Level.
Game:Resident Evil 4
Console:Game Cube
Name of Level:The Mercenaries "Castle Facde" level
Objective:Get the Five Star Mark with Hunk or Crauser
Comments: Just give it a go if you're aiming to get that ArmCannon weapon in your inventory & you'll see what I'm talking about...Finally got it like two months ago (I was in a Gaming High that day XD) and I've owned the damn game since it came out.

Gold Line
January 9th, 2007, 16:59
Game: Final Fantasy 7
Name of Boss: Ruby weapon
Comments: it took me ages to beat Ruby weapon but if you find hadies mime and kights of the round table materia he is very easy

jonezybaby
January 9th, 2007, 17:24
its a tie

Final Fantasy VII - Ruby Weapon
Final Fantasy X - Yunalesca

Is'lan
January 9th, 2007, 18:34
Okay, no, mine beats all of those, only because very few people have probably even faced him. The third final-boss in Demon's Crest, after you get the Ultimate Gargoyle, the one that keeps switching between forms. I have never seen him beaten, I even started thinking that he has infinite life.

ACID
January 9th, 2007, 19:27
Okay, no, mine beats all of those, only because very few people have probably even faced him. The third final-boss in Demon's Crest, after you get the Ultimate Gargoyle, the one that keeps switching between forms. I have never seen him beaten, I even started thinking that he has infinite life.

HA i was just going to say FF& when you mentioned this sob witch i never beat. Only game i have played and never finished. I do think he has infinite lifes.:(

quzar
January 9th, 2007, 22:55
The final boss of Chrono Trigger. It ended up being like a morphing boss rush but with multiple 'final boss' forms. Luckily there was spacing somewhere in there.

Xiofire
January 9th, 2007, 23:41
Game:Kingdom Hearts
Name of Boss:Sephiroth
Comments:Took me a while...and for those of you saying he's easy, try doing it without the guide for a first time ;)...This fight is all about chance though.

Beat me to it man. KH2 Sephiroth, i tried at level 40.
Big mistake. I was dead in about 6 seconds :rofl:
Beat him eventually though. :thumbup:
-Xiofire

Vega
January 9th, 2007, 23:56
Game : Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Console : PS1
Boss : Cyber Akuma
Comments : 2/3 of health gone in a 4 hit combo, took me about 20 tries to beat him (the first time), anyone who doubts this bad mofo' should play the game, it is stress worthy

Accordion
January 9th, 2007, 23:59
not a boss officially, but the belief of 'more' makes it feel as such.

the secret garden in Shadow of the Colossus

its funny but i still want to believe there is more to that game. i dont think i will ever feal i have beat the game and i doubt i will ever forget the experiences from it...

wolfpack
January 10th, 2007, 01:50
for me id have to say the hardest boss what the final boss in FFIX because my guys levels were too low, then i leveled up 10 more then it was a breeze

Shadowblind
January 10th, 2007, 03:16
Kingdom Hearts

Sephiroth

Even at level 104 hes a pain in the as*.

gunntims0103
January 10th, 2007, 03:47
game: paper mario
boss: paper bowser
level: last level, final boss

comments: Iv never beat this boss! HE's the last foe in paper mario and when ever i fight him i always lose. So far iv never been able to defeat him. :(

ICE
January 10th, 2007, 03:55
final boss in perfect dark is the only one i never beat.. however i was like 14 last time i tried..

the_eternal_dark
January 10th, 2007, 04:05
Kingdom Hearts

Sephiroth

Even at level 104 hes a pain in the as*.

Agreed.

Resident Evil 3 - Extra Survivors Mode (not really a boss mode)

Basically, you can only get this when you used a Gameshark. Imagine hard mode, mixed with something similar to boss battle mode, zombies/dogs/common monsters keep coming back to areas that you cleared about 10 seconds ago, less ammo, less health packs/herbs, but no puzzles or an ending to worry about. I hated that, I never finished it.

Destroyer699
January 10th, 2007, 04:19
The SSBM one is indeed very hard.

Gold Line
January 10th, 2007, 15:53
Game: Super Smash Bros Melee
Console: Game Cube
Name of Boss: event 50 master hand and crazy hand
Comments:yes i got my ass kicked many many times but in the end i beat them with marth i thought this was the last battle in ssbm then event 51 pop up grrrr

and

Game: Legend of dragoon
Name of boss: i dont know the last one after darts dad
Comments: this boss takes ages to beat he changes about 6 times i beat him with one player left and about 50 hp left

Apoklepz
January 10th, 2007, 18:11
Somebody mentioned Cyber Akuma, right?

What about...

Game:Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Console:CPS2 board (PSP emulated,too)
Name of Boss:Gouki (Akuma's first appearance)
Comments: Not only is he really hard to beat, but getting to fight him is the real pain...You have to defeat everyone in every round with a SUPER combo and get at least one PERFECT defeat, in order for him to appear and make total crap out of Bison, and then some. This Akuma is extremely tough...Think Ken at last difficulty, but constantly fireballing you like Ryu...even mid air...To top it all off he even premeditates your next move!!
The Alpha Series Shin Akumas got nothing on the old school original, except that they're faster incarnations...The enemy AI on this one is unbelievable!

I'd also like to mention that the same goes for...

Game:SVC SNK VS. Capcom Chaos
Console:NeoGeo arcade board (PSP emulated, too)
Boss Names: Serious Mister Karate & Shin Gouki
Comments: They do take a while to beat....Further more the Bonus Bosses Athena and Firebrand are all about chance...Goenitz can be a bitch to beat sometimes, but it's all about timing when he's open.

...Funny, I had totally forgotten about that Boss from Demon's Crest...I've only beaten him once, so I guess I forgot about it because I didn't want to remember him ever again XD....This just got me interested in playing this game once again, but this time on my PSP. Thanks!

"Resident Evil 3 - Extra Survivors Mode (not really a boss mode) GameShark Hack"
- I gotta say, I'm gonna have to try this out...I love the challenge runs in Resident Evil games, to me they're the best part. I just got the Handcannon in RE4 a couple of months back, but seeing the way you described it, this sounds like a REAL treat....It can probably been done on PSP too, with the new Popstation...Here goes a part of my next weekend...Thanks for pointing it out.

darkness angel 777
October 20th, 2007, 14:25
My hardest boss is sephiroth
Game:Kingdom hearts 2
it took me a while but i beat him at lv63

sourced
October 20th, 2007, 14:38
Game : Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Boss : Cyber Akuma
Comments : 2/3 of health gone in a 4 hit combo, took me about 20 tries to beat him (the first time), anyone who doubts this bad mofo' should play the game, it is stress worthy

it took me bout 8 tries.

Johnny Rash
October 20th, 2007, 16:59
Game : Breath Of Fire 3
Boss : Myria

The difficulty only applies if you never bothered to use Aura and don't have status protective gear.
If you don't use Kaiser, you're going to die.

Boss(es) : Archmage & Beserker

I never won these fights.
Even when I used gameshark to boost my stats.

Come to think about it.
A lot of the bosses in Breath of Fire III are extremely difficult.
But there are always methods to beat them easily.

Shadowblind
October 20th, 2007, 17:06
Game: SSBM
Event 51: Giga Bowser

Although it only took a few tries with Roy, he's still a heckuva pain.

Malksta
October 20th, 2007, 17:31
Game: Shenmue 2
Console: Dreamcast(emulation)

Dou Niou(or whatever his name is :P)

kcajblue
October 20th, 2007, 22:57
talk about bumps.
anyway.

the game im thinking of is just plain hard.
the levels and the bosses.

Game: Ikaruga

Console: Gamecube

Boss: all of them after the first one.

the last boss isnt actually all that hard, but i only got to him cause i used cheats.

Shrygue
October 22nd, 2007, 17:37
Right folks, LOCKAGE. Don't bump dead old threads.