PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft confirms Zune will play games by July 2008

wraggster
January 9th, 2007, 18:09
via engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/microsoft-confirms-zune-will-play-games-by-july-2008/)

Microsoft's Peter Moore, chief Xbox-exec and avid bicep tattooer, confirmed a plan to add video games to the Zune (Xune?) at CES yesterday. This would bring the Zune up to speed with the iPod's ability to offer games, albeit several months late. Moore said the Zune's large screen would provide a better platform for handheld gaming, gushing, "I love the interface, I love the screen." We know you do, Peter. We know you do. While this isn't quite what we were thinking when pondering a Microsoft-branded handheld gaming system, everyone's gotta start somewhere (we're looking at you, Zune). Of course, Peter Moore -- perhaps prematurely -- told BusinessWeek last year, "It can't just be our version of the iPod ... in addition to playing music and videos, a Microsoft device would include games." And now it will ... err, rather, it will in about eighteen months.

BrooksyX
January 9th, 2007, 22:25
I thought the Zune could play some xna games already?

I might go pick one up today or tomorrow, so this is good news.

irongiant
January 10th, 2007, 13:38
The Zune is a flop so far.. and seeing the newly announced iPhone has convinced me even more so that MS have no chance against Apple with a phone/mp3 player.

Elven6
January 12th, 2007, 02:47
I would have bought one but I live in Canada and it aint out here yet, instead I got a 360 a month ago.

Anonymous D
January 12th, 2007, 12:54
Apart from the novelty of it, how good are games really gonna be on a zune? Its only gonna be an added extra not a sale maker.