PDA

View Full Version : Smack

wraggster
January 10th, 2007, 06:44
New game release from Yoyomacy:

Here... doesnt look familiar? its a game... right you havent seen one in a while with all those customizers and prx and custom firmware stuff. Well what this thing does, is it does what a psp is supposed to do, play a game lol

Well aside from all the Non-game stuff being released.. This is a game. Its called Smack, you are a ghetto cop going to stop drug and weapon dealers, Simply shoot everything in your path, and reach the low rider before you get killed.

Its a simple Sidescroller ive been working on for id say a week now.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via yoyomacy (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-smack-89341.html#post1313726)

juggaleaux
January 10th, 2007, 07:00
Played it.

- It's very resource-hungry. There were times where the framerate would go from crawling to super-fast. Not sure how you would alleviate that, or maybe it's because my PSP is really cold right now.

- It's possible to beat it by just holding Right + R.

Other than that, it's nice work and it's nice to see homebrew games again.

pt9087
January 10th, 2007, 13:23
LoL, Looks funny, i will play this now haha

splodger15
January 10th, 2007, 15:29
This game uses the same menu code as mine. Apart from little bits being changed

carlitx
January 10th, 2007, 19:56
reminds me of one of ma fav nes games of all time river city ransom

Zion
January 11th, 2007, 10:32
Ok, this game has potential but needs a lot of work.

main problem is the jumping bug, you can just hover right to the end of the game.

a simple check to tell if the player has jumped and disalow jumps for a few seconds or not allowing the player to jump if at a certain height would have fixed this with ease.

also needs player animation and better bullet shooting and animation. smater ai would be nice too :p