PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex Working on v3.03OE-B

wraggster
January 10th, 2007, 06:48
Dark Alex is now working on v3.03OE-B of his custom firmware, heres the info about it:

Anyway I told him to remain vague on the release date and more than everything on the upcomming features.

Btw about those people who use to play videos on their psps will be happily surprised, but I wont say more

P.S. No, nothing regarding pops improvements on this release, sorry for the ones expecting those.

Emeriastone
January 10th, 2007, 06:56
Dark Alex is now working on v3.03OE-B of his custom firmware, heres the info about it:

Anyway I told him to remain vague on the release date and more than everything on the upcomming features.

Btw about those people who use to play videos on their psps will be happily surprised, but I wont say more

P.S. No, nothing regarding pops improvements on this release, sorry for the ones expecting those.

Man I hope that means multiple video format support. It would be nice to not have to convert all the time. Or be able to use the best format.

Joe88
January 10th, 2007, 07:00
It will simply allow full resolution avc videos (480x272) to be played on the psp official player by breaking the 320x240 current limit for avc video playback resolution on the psp official video player .

thats the breakdown on video it seems
I dont even watch video as I used too on my PSP anymore ...

Emeriastone
January 10th, 2007, 07:04
thats the breakdown on video it seems
I dont even watch video as I used too on my PSP anymore ...

I hope thats not just it...

scarph
January 10th, 2007, 07:10
eh, 2gb cards werent made for videos.

i was just saying dax really has no more work to do, hes already unlocked all the stuff sony has provided for us in higher firmwares.

i guess hes trying to out perform sony at this point. right on.

f1shst1x
January 10th, 2007, 07:14
Yeah, since I found PIMPstreamer, I haven't watched a video on my PSP... that wasn't streamed from my computer.

juggaleaux
January 10th, 2007, 07:20
if dark_alex makes it, i'm upgrading :P

psp_sfdm
January 10th, 2007, 07:23
I wonder if Dark_Alex is ever going to add DAX support, along with more No-UMD compatilbility soon.

Overall, I can't wait to see what other feature are going to come out of this new release.

vatomalo
January 10th, 2007, 07:27
what about a nethosts and usbhost integrated in the XMB id like to see that, maybe we'd be able to play streamed iso's and videos, like ir shell but more compatible, anyways good luck to you dark alex, you are the best in the psp homebrew community... we really do love you!!! gotta love DAX

eLAy12
January 10th, 2007, 07:29
The expansion of formats will be welcomed in my psp.

Veskgar
January 10th, 2007, 07:47
Yup, the new feature regarding VIDEO is the ability to play 480x272 full resolution AVC MP4 videos. This is a great feature. Something I have been wanting since I bought my PSP on launch day almost 2 years ago.

Dark_AleX gives us what SONY refuses to due to greed. SONY wanted us to spend a fortune on UMD Videos instead of letting us use the PSP the way it should be used regarding MP4 playback.

I am really psyched about this feature. I know some people may not care that much but it is a really great addition.

Now does anyone recommend a program for converting AVC videos at 480x272?

Could you just manually edit the resolution in PSPVideo9? Or are there better apps for doing that job?

Mister Klownes
January 10th, 2007, 07:48
oh boy, oh boy! Any improvement is a good improvement.

S34MU5
January 10th, 2007, 08:05
sounds cool, cant wait

yoshinatsu
January 10th, 2007, 08:08

Oh man... Don't tell me... DivX/Xvid...:eek:

Mr. Shizzy
January 10th, 2007, 08:45
It's always good to hear from the best hacker in the business. :D Can't wait.

IamAbe
January 10th, 2007, 08:47
nice! cant wait for the release! great work!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 10th, 2007, 08:49
what about a nethosts and usbhost integrated in the XMB id like to see that, maybe we'd be able to play streamed iso's and videos, like ir shell but more compatible, anyways good luck to you dark alex, you are the best in the psp homebrew community... we really do love you!!! gotta love DAX

NO iso talk please dude not a well liked word on these forums.Anyway great work D A cant wait for the release.

yoshinatsu
January 10th, 2007, 08:53
Yup, the new feature regarding VIDEO is the ability to play 480x272 full resolution AVC MP4 videos. This is a great feature.

Sorry for being such a diRck, but I was waiting for something better like DivX/Xvid support, or RM/RMVB... Or a multi one...

cedude
January 10th, 2007, 09:07
Sorry for being such a diRck, but I was waiting for something better like DivX/Xvid support, or RM/RMVB... Or a multi one...

That would be the one of the best features ever!!! XVid/DivX support!!!

I don't know... but maybe it's too much for the processor?

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 09:12
That would be the one of the best features ever!!! XVid/DivX support!!!

I don't know... but maybe it's too much for the processor?

No it won't be too much for the CPU, because there is already a homebrew called PSPlayerMT hat will player Xvid on the PSP.

felonyr301
January 10th, 2007, 09:20
Not to sound greedy but I would like to see the usbhost thing working because as of right now dont have enough to buy a bigger memory stick and would really like this feature so I can play some of my bigger ps1 games. Also about this feature it's ok I guess I mean regardless I had to convert all my vids to pmp avc and having full res already on the xmb wont change a thing for me because all my vids are xvid/divx anyways so I still got to convert. Im really hoping it's xvid/divx support but I really doubt it, to me it looks like it's more about unlocking what sony hides away from us than adding onto stuff like xvid/divx support but hope he proves me wrong.

Veskgar
January 10th, 2007, 09:37
it looks like it's more about unlocking what sony hides away from us than adding onto stuff

That probably sums it up perfectly. That seems to be a main focus of Dark_AleX. I prefer it that way because once you start adding major stuff or dramatically modifying the firmware, things could get broken.

I would be more than happy with 480x272 AVC video playback. Why is XviD/DivX superior? Most people seem to prefer it but I don't know why. But I'm also not an expert on the subject either.

Kvonx
January 10th, 2007, 10:44
i really want to get this.....but read my sig :)

whitey75
January 10th, 2007, 10:51
I'm not sure if it's a question of divX being superior, more just easier to find. 95% of video available for download on the internet is in DivX/MPeg4 format.

It would be great if you didn't need to convert this. DivX on the PSP would rock.

Anyway, it's all just speculation for now, I'm sure it'll be great no matter what it is! Can't wait!

:)

yoshinatsu
January 10th, 2007, 10:56
I'm not sure if it's a question of divX being superior, more just easier to find. 95% of video available for download on the internet is in DivX/MPeg4 format.

It would be great if you didn't need to convert this. DivX on the PSP would rock.

Anyway, it's all just speculation for now, I'm sure it'll be great no matter what it is! Can't wait!

:)

Don't forget the conversion. It takes time too...
That's why I'd prefer DivX/Xvid than fullscreen AVC.
I'd also like the RM codec to be supported. I'd love to take my anime on the go requiring small memory stick space and no conversion required :p

Kvonx
January 10th, 2007, 11:04
please dont ignore me im not a noob, this iz serious!!!!

whitey75
January 10th, 2007, 11:39
If your didn't have recovery mode on your memory stick then your gunna have to get it on there somehow.

You might need to by a memory card reader and then push recovery mode from the 3.02 OE release onto it from your computer.

Then just hold onto the R trigger on startup and hope for the best.

Goodluck.

juggaleaux
January 10th, 2007, 11:42
Kvonx, holding R when you boot does nothing at all?

dragaron
January 10th, 2007, 12:25
Yup, the new feature regarding VIDEO is the ability to play 480x272 full resolution AVC MP4 videos. This is a great feature. Something I have been wanting since I bought my PSP on launch day almost 2 years ago.

Dark_AleX gives us what SONY refuses to due to greed. SONY wanted us to spend a fortune on UMD Videos instead of letting us use the PSP the way it should be used regarding MP4 playback.

I am really psyched about this feature. I know some people may not care that much but it is a really great addition.

Now does anyone recommend a program for converting AVC videos at 480x272?

Could you just manually edit the resolution in PSPVideo9? Or are there better apps for doing that job?

I've been wanting this feature for a LONG time. I personally love watching videos on my PSP. Very, very cool. Thanks DarkAlex for all of your hard work, it is much appreciated!

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 12:35
The ability to watch Xvid and Divx is already available for PSP users with PSPlayerMT. personally, the Xvid/Divx playback won't bother me too much because of the difference in file size.

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 12:42
please dont ignore me im not a noob, this iz serious!!!!

Sorry but you have bricked your PSP, the readme for CIntro is quite clear that it is for 3.02OEB, a 3.03OE version has only just been released.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43767

Read more here and join others who didn't read the readme:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=43708

Reason for brick = "the 3.02OE-B vshmain.prx in module is different from 3.03OE-A's so the program hex edits values that arent ment to be edited as they are in different places.

aka. brick."

240-185
January 10th, 2007, 12:46
I won't buy any video UMDs if there are crappy conversions like this: http://www.yaronet.com/mirari/get.php?c=9YBs
(Austin Powers, The spy who shagged me)

CHAARL
January 10th, 2007, 13:05
Video unlocked to fullscreen....that's what it is...no more 320x240 limitations

pt9087
January 10th, 2007, 13:26
Sounds kool, This whole video prospect is exciting

DarthPaul
January 10th, 2007, 13:38
i don't care if it's a minor or major update,all i know is that i'll put on my psp anything that's made by Dark_AleX!! I <3 You DAX!!

adrian rod ortiz
January 10th, 2007, 13:51
same

pubudu
January 10th, 2007, 14:05
"Btw about those people who use to play videos on their psps will be happily surprised, but I wont say more "

----------------------------------------------------------------

i think those who doesnt will start to.!!!

Panini
January 10th, 2007, 14:18
It would be nice to just drop my windows media files from my pc onto the psp without the need to convert them! or even the ability to place your movies on the psp without having to rename them all to the psps format.

nigelrigel
January 10th, 2007, 14:26
Wow this is exciting, I cant wait, ive got 3.03 A, its works great with all my legit backups, a fun game works well on the psp is Gex 3.

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 14:34
It would be nice to just drop my windows media files from my pc onto the psp without the need to convert them! or even the ability to place your movies on the psp without having to rename them all to the psps format.

You don't have to that now. As long as the file extension and the coding is correct, the videos mo longer have to be M4Vxxxxx or MAQxxxxx.

gr42178
January 10th, 2007, 14:45
Very interesting, cant wait, everything he makes is high quality so it should definitely be cool :thumbup: .

x-zero
January 10th, 2007, 14:53
Im always keeping track of Dark_AleX releases. It's like im stalking him LOL not that i wan't too scare you im just another big fan of yours.

anurag
January 10th, 2007, 15:16

i need noumd better compatibility badly.plz improve this feature.i m staying with 2.71se-c .please help us.

Gold Line
January 10th, 2007, 16:05
dark alex should make his own xflash it the recovery menu

douglemcnori
January 10th, 2007, 16:37
did the last release promise umd region free but it didnt work?? myabe its that unlocked properly??

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 10th, 2007, 17:00
i'm just happy hes updating it. :)

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 17:37
i need noumd better compatibility badly.plz improve this feature.i m staying with 2.71se-c .please help us.

How I feel:

Either use a UMD or get your drive repaired, honestly no UMD is a pirates dream.

The reality:

You might be happy to know that DAX is looking at alternative options for noUMD as it is getting too costly in terms of the memory it requires to run. It might get a future revision.

carlitx
January 10th, 2007, 19:52
hmm the video thing intriges me.....does it mean we will have better video quality for mp4's or sometin anyways head over to pspupdates to c for ur self haha

Jonesyxxiv
January 10th, 2007, 20:10
hmm the video thing intriges me.....does it mean we will have better video quality for mp4's or sometin anyways head over to pspupdates to c for ur self haha

Awww thats kind of disappointing.

Basil Zero
January 10th, 2007, 20:24
i hope we dont have to use a program like PSPVideo 9 to transfer videos, hope it enables us to manually move them instead.

goaliedude
January 10th, 2007, 21:11
well dont seem like theres much left to do with 3.xx oe-x any more lol wonder if neone has stared work on looking for EXPLOITS in higher firmwares?

carlitx
January 10th, 2007, 21:24
i hope we dont have to use a program like PSPVideo 9 to transfer videos, hope it enables us to manually move them instead.

well i use winavi MP4 converter psp video sucks! some how it makes the converted vids take up more space than their origonal format while winavi makes them smaller...