PDA

View Full Version : PSP - Don't use CIntro Modifier V.1.02 & CIntro Flasher v.1 on FW 3.03OE

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 13:02
Hi all,

Since many people seem to be unable to read the readme in Cintro Mod V 1.0.2 I thought I would post this as news to hopefully reduce the number of bricks occuring.

If you use V 1.0.2 on FW 3.03OE you will brick your PSP! You won't be able to go into the recovery menu.

Reason:

"The 3.02OE-B vshmain.prx in module is different from 3.03OE-A's so the program hex edits values that arent ment to be edited as they are in different places.

aka. brick."

To counter this a new version for 3.02OE - B & 3.03OE- A & 3.03 OE - A2 has been released.

This version should be safe but remember flashing your PSP always has a risk.

Virus.exe
January 10th, 2007, 15:01
Ah, on the other psp forums where im registered around some guy did too.
Why does this brick anyway? Is there a major difference between 3.02/3.03? Or is it because of the different encryptions?

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 15:08
Why does this brick anyway? Is there a major difference between 3.02/3.03? Or is it because of the different encryptions?

Someone did here too and he hasn't stopped whining about it since, He even has a massive sig to comment on it.

ACID
January 10th, 2007, 15:15

yeah man he just said it abouve the vhsprx are different.

doverkiller
January 10th, 2007, 15:20
holy s#!t..
coders should take more precaution!!

aries2k4
January 10th, 2007, 15:22
Iīve heard of a few bricks myself. Itīs a shame. Thatīs why I stay away from those utilities.
But most bricks are caused because people donīt pay attention to the readme. Kind 0f crazy to install something that writes to flash without the readme

Ichijoe
January 10th, 2007, 15:25
Stupid Question Time!!

WTF does this Program do besides, causing Stupid People to brick there PSP's™?

What if any, is the purpose of such a Program.
Surely there must be some benefit(s) to gain, by risking a bricked PSP™...

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 15:44
The Cintro is the coldboot (start-up screen, the one that says Sony Computer entertainment.) This is a program to put a custom start-up video in, much like a custom gameboot.

appie01
January 10th, 2007, 15:52
Stupid Question Time!!

WTF does this Program do besides, causing Stupid People to brick there PSP's™?

What if any, is the purpose of such a Program.
Surely there must be some benefit(s) to gain, by risking a bricked PSP™...

it's an app that replaces the sce boot with a pmf file.

i was one of the people that bricked his psp with this app.
(wasn't because i didn't read the read me it did not say DONT use on 3.03 oe)

i did it way to fast :(

3.03 oe was just released i flashed it to 3.03 and when it was finished i instaled C-intro then i had a brick i've allready mentioned this in the forum threat
of this app

but no worry's its getting a new motherboard this week :D

oh and by the way i'm not dumb ive been in this scene from the very beginning

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 15:55
it's an app that replaces the sce boot with a pmf file.

i was one of the people that bricked his psp with this app.
(wasn't because i didn't read the read me it did not say DONT use on 3.03 oe)

i did it way to fast :(

3.03 oe was just released i flashed it to 3.03 and when it was finished i instaled C-intro then i had a brick i've allready mentioned this in the forum threat
of this app

but no worry's its getting a new motherboard this week :D

But at least you are gracious enough to take the blame. Kudos to you.
But some people are not so gracious.
Please bear in mind that when this program was released 3.03OE in any of it's forms were not available so Kando and Team FWI didn't know to warn people it wouldn't work on 3.03OE.

steve-b
January 10th, 2007, 15:58
always wait for confirmation that it works with whichever firmware you have. That is the best policy. I know someone has to go first but hey, some people are more brave than others :)

coldjim
January 10th, 2007, 16:07
huh wtf
i have cintro and it works on 3.03 oe-a2
the old one too
i swear!
it works

tsurumaru
January 10th, 2007, 16:09
huh wtf
i have cintro and it works on 3.03 oe-a2
the old one too
i swear!
it works

This relates to Cintro MOD Version 1.0.2 and Cintro FLASH Version 1.
Not CIntro.

appie01
January 10th, 2007, 16:52
i know thats why i imediatly posted it on all the sites
c-intro threads that i bricked my psp with this app

but what are those kudos you talk about
(i thought that this was only used in newsgroups(FTD)
:D

oh yeah and the reason i'm sow gracious enough to take the blame is because
its only the second time i've bricked THIS psp (1st time was because of fake dark alex downdater A.K.A bricker)

thank god i have two psp's :thumbup:

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 16:56
ku·dos1 /ˈkudoʊz, -doʊs, -dɒs, ˈkyu-/ [koo-dohz, -dohs, -dos, kyoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun (used with a singular verb)
honor; glory; acclaim: He received kudos from everyone on his performance.

Vega
January 10th, 2007, 18:39
Hi all,

Since many people seem to be unable to read the readme in Cintro Mod V 1.0.2 I thought I would post this as news to hopefully reduce the number of bricks occuring.

If you use V 1.0.2 on FW 3.03OE you will brick your PSP! You won't be able to go into the recovery menu.

Reason:

"The 3.02OE-B vshmain.prx in module is different from 3.03OE-A's so the program hex edits values that arent ment to be edited as they are in different places.

aka. brick."

To counter this a new version for 3.02OE - B & 3.03OE- A & 3.03 OE - A2 has been released.

This version should be safe but remember flashing your PSP always has a risk.

Nice heads up... thanks for that :thumbup:

Kvonx
January 10th, 2007, 23:14
yes they have responded...........dont call anybody stupid as it was jus for test, recovery mode was always there so it can be recovered......BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!! i know flashing i've bin flashing eversince at least everone knows of this threat so now i can.......well my psp can R.I.P will jus have to replace it, again............THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

pt9087
January 10th, 2007, 23:21
LoL Thats kind of stupid... you should never rely on revovery anyways.

firedragon_jing
January 11th, 2007, 01:05
WARNING V2 will NOT work on 3.03 E-B, it will fail to load the intro, but recovery mode is still available. Please release a fix for this to flash over. or is it safe to uninstall off of 3.03 OE-B?

Chuthbert
January 11th, 2007, 01:11
I wouldn't risk a brick for just a cosmetic change to my PSP. A custom firmware that allows you to play homebrew however is, in my opinion. Even then I would wait until it was confirmed to be working for everyone. It's like a battle or something... I would wait to see if the people ahead of me to be blown to pieces before deciding to go forwards myself.

... and that was a really grim metaphor. Wow, there's something wrong with me.

fistikuffs
January 11th, 2007, 16:41
^^^ I understand your metaphor mate but if you were in battle that would make you a coward:D