PDA

View Full Version : *What YOU Want* in 3.03 OE!

porchemasi
January 11th, 2007, 05:01
:eek: I want this to an official thread on what you people want in Dark_AleX's OE firmware!

Give the man some ideas! With the release of 3.03-OE-B anythign seems possible!

My main idea/want is multipel codec support in both VIDEO AND MUSIC (ie. AVI, XvID, DivX, ect)

zidanerick
January 11th, 2007, 05:20
Yeah DivX/XviD is number 1 on my wishlist

BrooksyX
January 11th, 2007, 05:25
Yeah DivX/XviD is number 1 on my wishlist

Yeah that and .dax support for loading backups. Its the best compression and Dark_Alex did make it himself.

joshisposer
January 11th, 2007, 06:16
What would be cool but very time consuming, is DaX on an N-64 emulator. I no that it is of a different area of code, but he sure proves himself well. Right now, there isn't anything i really want. I mean multiple videos, especially wmv and avi would be cool but i am really satisfied. GO DARK_ALEX!

CaptainMorgan4
January 11th, 2007, 06:21
I think the number 1 issue I would like for Dark_Alex to fix first is the problem with the PSX emulator, if he could fix the problems such as RE2 not being able to bypass the police station. Stuff like that, other than that the .wmv & .avi video formats being supported would be a great add! Or how about .gif's being able to be animated when viewed on the PSP, liek you can put .gif's on there but they won't animate when trying to view them.

SnoopKatt
January 11th, 2007, 07:07
Dark_Alex has done pretty much everything I really want in a PSP firmware. Is there even much room on the flash to integrate many more features?

mnuhaily22
January 11th, 2007, 07:37
How about the load time when starting it up, that is I think the only problem I have with OE, other than that, all good and smooth.

jak66
January 11th, 2007, 10:49
Yeah that and .dax support for loading backups. Its the best compression and Dark_Alex did make it himself.

over @ maxconsole, dax said that DAX isnt supported because of memory issues

CaptainMorgan4
January 12th, 2007, 05:57
Oh I just remembered something that Dark Alex should add that would really make the custom firmware great! Dark Alex please make it possible that we can listen to music while viewing pics/possibly videos/and especially when on the internet browser! If this feature was able to be coded into the custom firmware I think it could take Dark Alex to another level, which is already hard to believe! Please try to add this feature it would be a great yet small add!!

Kramer
January 12th, 2007, 06:07
I think nethost or usbhost would be pretty awesome.

vision
January 12th, 2007, 07:04
I think nethost or usbhost would be pretty awesome.

Yeap that be cool, also a flash 7 would be sweet

mbr7
January 12th, 2007, 07:38
Yeap that be cool, also a flash 7 would be sweet

USB HOST WOULD BE AWEEESOMEE½!!!!!!!

Accordion
January 12th, 2007, 08:28
Oh I just remembered something that Dark Alex should add that would really make the custom firmware great! Dark Alex please make it possible that we can listen to music while viewing pics/possibly videos/and especially when on the internet browser! If this feature was able to be coded into the custom firmware I think it could take Dark Alex to another level, which is already hard to believe! Please try to add this feature it would be a great yet small add!!

it is already possible
just use plugins, thats why the plugin function exists

mbr7
January 12th, 2007, 10:16
it is already possible
just use plugins, thats why the plugin function exists

there is no plugin for the 3.02 OE and up

mavsman4457
January 12th, 2007, 20:35
there is no plugin for the 3.02 OE and up

I'm pretty sure that the plugins for 2.71 work with 3.03 but I am not sure since I haven't tried it yet. I sure hope so though. Also, I think DaX should implement support for new codecs to be play in the xmb through files on the memory stick. This way no space would be used on the flash and we could still have the videos played through the xmb. I'm not sure if that is possible but if it were then he could use memory stick lading like that for lots of additional features.

drEDN4wt
January 12th, 2007, 22:47
How about being able to do a save-state and dump the ram to ms and then be able to load it up again later.

Also to be able to hide the chotto shot and other annoying icons in the xmb via configuration.

Sort the game/music folders while in the xmb?