PDA

View Full Version : Sony drops hints on PSP2

psphome
January 11th, 2007, 10:09
Submitted by www.psphome.com (http://www.psphome.com)

Sony are conducting a survey about the original PSP. In the survey at the end they include a question asking:

“Would you buy another PSP system if it included a hard drive and/or video out?”

This survey was sent out via Email to Playstation Underground users.

The email said

“To some, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system is a powerful multi-media machine wrapped in a gaming device. To others, it’s simply fun to play with. Either way, we want to know what you think. Help us harness your powerful gaming knowledge and take a simple survey. From the total responses, we’ll choose one PSP system owner who will get five PSP system games of his or her choice. One entry per person, please—nobody likes a survey hog.”

From what we can gather from the survey, Sony are looking to see if the PSP2 would succeed in the market. So what do you think? Would you buy a PSP with a HD and Video Output?

Screen Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 11th, 2007, 16:38
Hmmm its not like $ony to shit on thier customers is it ?
a new spec p$p lets hope they support it better than the last one.If it were not for the brew scene mine would have gone months back it still may yet...

chrisnoob
January 11th, 2007, 16:42
id buy it if it was like a 32gb hard drive :P

Mew
January 11th, 2007, 16:43
If it were not for the brew scene mine would have gone months back it still may yet...
word man! :thumbup:
The PSP is an awesome portable homebrew console! Sony should consider that.

Sterist
January 11th, 2007, 16:44
this is old.

this article was already posted here, almost word for word

title was different

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 11th, 2007, 17:06
word man! :thumbup:
The PSP is an awesome portable homebrew console! Sony should consider that.

I aint disputing the psp is an awsome machine i just feel its been piss poorly suported by $ony.:(

Veskgar
January 11th, 2007, 17:27
Just hearing about "PSP2" makes me not really want it but I know once I see it I'll probably start getting a little jealous and want to get one.

Although after being a part of the wonderful PSP scene for so long I'll probably just get one of the original hardware versions on launch and just keep it untouched, un-updated, & unmodified in hopes that someday a PSP2 homebrew scene may be born.

With 60GB internal hard drive storage and the possibility of SONY/Sandisk 32GB memory stick suspport, it makes it a very attractive device for homebrew.

g00gy
January 11th, 2007, 17:48
why cant they just keep updating this i dont have the money to dish out for another psp.

but yeh 60gb full of retro snes nes genesis and all other is a portable heaven. but lets get serious they will probably load it with so much security that hacking it might be impossible.

porchemasi
January 11th, 2007, 17:55
No i wouldnt buy!
MY PSP2 should have:
-cell phone
-psp games
-4gb HDD
-touch screen
-camera
-gps

ssnake
January 11th, 2007, 18:08
pleaseeee, why the hell would you want a touch screen o_O :confused:

at least, psp2 with built in ps1 emulation would be nice...
32gb hd and video output + homebrew capabilities...

F9zDark
January 11th, 2007, 18:25
How about a PSP2 with the design of a Dual-Shock controller (minus rumble) and support for PS1 and PS2 games. That I'd certainly buy.

wired64
January 11th, 2007, 18:56
why cant they just keep updating this i dont have the money to dish out for another psp.

but yeh 60gb full of retro snes nes genesis and all other is a portable heaven. but lets get serious they will probably load it with so much security that hacking it might be impossible.

You never know, maybe they will make it easier for homebrew developers. Maybe they have plans to release a public SDK. Like a completely unlocked platform :) .

Also an increase in the CPU and GPU speeds wouldnt go a miss. Then true PS1 and PS2 emulation maybe possible.

But then this is $ony ...

dragaron
January 11th, 2007, 21:01
How nice of Sony to ask what WE want our PSP's to do after they have already cashed in on the product they are questioning us on. Greedy.

Shrygue
January 11th, 2007, 21:10
I wish stupid old Sony were dumb and added this hint in the questionnaire:

Ability to run unsigned 3rd party applications (that is, homebrew software).

Now that would be ace! Not that they would do put that in the list but still a great idea.

shrimpidy
January 11th, 2007, 21:45
No i wouldnt buy!
MY PSP2 should have:
-cell phone
-psp games
-4gb HDD
-touch screen
-camera
-gps

Whats the point of a hard drive if its only going to be 4gb? (no offense to your thinking) If I were to get a new psp, it would need a hard drive with at least 20 gb, built in camera and any other things that may pop into people's heads. A larger amount of flash memory would be nice and I would be evry pissed off if it doesn't support umd's but that is very unlikely. If a newer psp has those functions thatn that'll probably appear in bold on my what to get list.

PSP 101
January 11th, 2007, 21:57
WOW! If Sony is gonna launch a PSP2. this PSP's product life cycle was very short for a handheld.

emuking
January 11th, 2007, 23:46
how many times is the same post going to be on the front page, this site is starting to become like pspupdates and even they have posted this story less

Ennohex
January 12th, 2007, 20:23
Sure, why not? I'd buy one. If it makes the homebrew stuff better. Oh, and one thing that I learned about hacking... NOTHING (within limits) is impossible. He he.