PDA

View Full Version : 'Talentless' Sony responds to Microsoft attacks

wraggster
January 11th, 2007, 16:47
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=154721)

SCEA's senior director of corporate communications, Dave Karraker, has responded to sniping comments made by Microsoft earlier this week, where MS's Peter Moore and Chris Satchell called Sony's PS3 online service a "disaster", and said Sony doesn't have the "talent" to launch a service matching Xbox Live.

"I would argue that consumers worldwide, to the tune of over 200 million PlayStations, PS2s, PSPs and PS3s, have decided whether or not Sony has the DNA to deliver hardware, software and services to suit this industry," Karraker told Gamepro.com, making sure to note that Gran Turisom HD highlights "the potential of the PlayStation Network and the kind of ground breaking content we plan to offer".

Karraker also took issue with Microsoft's recent announcement that it has sold 10.4 million Xbox 360s, suggesting that MS's touted number is actually the number of consoles shipped, rather than those actually in the hands of gamers.

"Microsoft views 'sold' as what has been sold to retailers but could be sitting on pallets in warehouses or stacked on store shelves," he said.

"'Sold' to Sony has always meant what the consumer has actually purchased, I think many people have incorrectly viewed our competitor's 'sold' figure to believe it was actually sold to consumers, which it was not."

Elven6
January 12th, 2007, 02:43
Sony always uses the word "shipped" instead of "sold" and techniqualy once a store orders the console it has been bought, once the stock arrives at said store it is their responsibility to see if they want to sell it or not. When/if their stock is sold they buy new stock from the manufacturer. So "shipped" is pretty much the same has "sold".

chrisnoob
January 12th, 2007, 02:46
i feel sorry for sony another sega disaster i bet

Elven6
January 12th, 2007, 02:56
Sega wasen't a disaster? Sony made false hype about their PS2, Piracy was at a increase on a console that can run pirated games with out moddification, the PS3 dosen't have any of those problems.

felonyr301
January 12th, 2007, 03:24
ps3 doesn't have any of those problems lol man you must be on crack the system just came out and believe me they would find a way soon.

F9zDark
January 12th, 2007, 05:09
Hardware wise, it might take a few months. Software? At least 6 months. Why? Because now all the coders need to learn CELL programming to make software. Yeah the PS3 probably makes use of C++, but their still gonna need to know cell programming to make anything that does more than "Hello World".

Makaveli777
January 12th, 2007, 07:32
Sega wasen't a disaster? Sony made false hype about their PS2, Piracy was at a increase on a console that can run pirated games with out moddification, the PS3 dosen't have any of those problems.

We'll i kinda have to disagree and agree. Sega wasn't a failure but many systems they put money into failed. (gamegear, segaCD, Sega Saturn, Sega Nomad, Sega Pico) Dreamcast wasn't but by time they released that they lost so much money on unsuccessful hardware they had to quit. I miss sega making systems....

Oh yea and PS3 will sell more when they have more games. They will sell out if they have a price drop(maybe)