PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Taxi heading to PSP

wraggster
January 11th, 2007, 16:54
via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71724)

Crazy Taxi's set to make a return this summer - with a PSP instalment mixing the content of the first two Dreamcast games and adding a few new features.

Called Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars, it's being developed by Sniper Studios and offers plenty of single-player content to barge your way through on the PSP's slick wide screen.

Using both original Crazy Taxi maps (arcade and Dreamcast) and the Small Apple maps of Crazy Taxi 2, Fare Wars offers an Arcade mode, where you earn time bonuses by delivering fares quickly, and a Time Trial, where the idea is to collect the highest fares possible in the time allowed.

On top of that there are two mini-game modes, including Crazy Box's original 16 mini tasks and a Crazy Pyramid to unlock the CT2 offerings.

Multiplayer is catered for too, via an ad hoc option that has you racing others and trying to steal their passengers by bumping cars.

Finally, SEGA says you'll be able to save replays of your best moments onto Memory Stick so you can show them off to your mum. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I do - she still refuses to take interest in my best Pro Evo goals. Witch.

IamAbe
January 11th, 2007, 17:03
SWEEET! I cant wait!!!!

(first post)

SpacemanSpiff
January 11th, 2007, 17:05
http://www.gfdata.de/archiv01-2007-gamefront/2657.html
Doesn't look so hot

Anonymous D
January 11th, 2007, 17:25
bieng developed SpacemanSpiff, those are probably wip shots. At least i hope cause i loved crazy taxi 2 before my dc broke.

E.J.
January 11th, 2007, 17:51
Great!!!, I love this game!

Vega
January 11th, 2007, 18:22
crazy taxi 2? nope.

crazy taxi 1? hell yeah!

hope the psp d-pad / thumb nub doesnt screw up gameplay too much

JKKDARK
January 11th, 2007, 18:34
crazy taxi 2? nope.

crazy taxi 1? hell yeah!

hope the psp d-pad / thumb nub doesnt screw up gameplay too much

What are you saying? On Crazy Taxi 2 you can jump! :)

jerrt
January 11th, 2007, 18:55
this will be a big seller, i know several friends that would love this on the psp.

hockey2112
January 11th, 2007, 19:36
(first post)

Congrats! :rolleyes:

I played the hell out of these games on the Dreamcast. Hopefully they translate over well enough.

darthhaze420
January 11th, 2007, 20:33
crazy taxi 2 is the $h!t i hope the psp virsion is like that 1

JKKDARK
January 11th, 2007, 20:50
crazy taxi 2 is the $h!t i hope the psp virsion is like that 1

Crazy Taxi 2 was a lot better than the first one. Better graphics, jump, up to 4 persons in the taxi, better minigames.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 11th, 2007, 21:08
Lets make some crazy money :).......

r2works
January 11th, 2007, 23:01
looks below PSP capabilities but it is Crazy Taxi. Hope to see more DC ports spawn from this!

snkrock25
January 11th, 2007, 23:52
what? port? no thanks.

a NEW crazy taxi woulda been a great idea.

lost ones....:(

SpooForBrains
January 11th, 2007, 23:56
Lets hope they drop the Offspring soundtrack. I mean, I love Offspring as much as the next guy, but there's only so much "Why-ay-ay-ay-ay" one man can take without smashing things

DragonPimpsta
January 12th, 2007, 02:24
heeeellllllllllllllllllll yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i lost this game on my dreamcast, other wize i'd sitll play it.. but for psp, hell yea im buying that ;)

Video_freak
January 12th, 2007, 03:31
what? port? no thanks.

a NEW crazy taxi woulda been a great idea.

lost ones....:(

I think it is a new Crazy Taxi. Hence the name Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars...

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2007, 03:47
or maybe it's a port from Crazy Taxi 3, because it contains from Crazy Taxi 1 and 2.