PDA

View Full Version : Gianas Return Project Dead

wraggster
April 4th, 2005, 14:50
Those of you like me who follow the Dreamcast Scene and also the GP32 Scene will be sad to know that the Gianas Return Project ( its a great homebrew platformer for the GP32 and Dreamcast) seems to be dead, apparently theres a lack of interest in the project and well as the original coder CHN left too.

Hopefully a LOT of posts here might convince the authors that we do indeed want a new release.

Heres the homepage --> http://www.gianas-return.de/

Darksaviour69
April 4th, 2005, 14:52
Nooooooooooooooooo, it was/is a great wee game

M@jk
April 4th, 2005, 15:29
Thats a sad news :/ maybe someone could finish this project?

Eric
April 4th, 2005, 18:45
I dont know if there is a possible way for them to bring it back. The reason is and this is cause i talked to one of the coders in IRC is cause the source was with CHN. The whole reason why the project has been on hiates if thats how spell the word and now is dead. The only way for them to bring it back from the dead is if the original coders without CHN would like to re-write from scratch and remember all the levels from the top of there head. Which wouldnt be all that easy so basically they would be re-writing a whole new game. Its sad to see it go and if there is a possibility of it coming back sweet mother i hope. Anyways we can deal with the Beta which i didnt have a problem with. Yes a few bugs but still playable. The only thing sad is no saves for high score. Anyways i am done with this message cause of my poor grammer and hope people could understand what i just said.

Eric

Christuserloeser
April 4th, 2005, 20:30
What is this!? I can't believe what's going on with this project: It's coming soon. It'll be available at Lik-Sang! It's dead... It's back on track and coming soon! It's dead forever!? That's really sad :(

Isn't there any way to get the project back to life!? Come on people, show your interest!

RockinB
April 4th, 2005, 22:15
I'm actually very interested.
Have played Gianas Return for GP32 a lot in the last days.

I even wrote them a mail asking if I can port it to SEGA Saturn, but no response from CHN.
Is this guy still alive?

Someone send me the sourcecode, please?

mauro2029
April 5th, 2005, 01:20
I don't like telling ppl what to do but.... If its a matter of source... they could just write a few more levels and end the story. I never actuslly "did" get past level one, is there a level 2 out there?

souLLy
April 5th, 2005, 09:07
this was a fantastic update... sad news indeed.

beetroot bertie
April 6th, 2005, 13:56
I agree. I hope something can be sorted out.

I really enjoyed the beta release - great fun and I it can continue in some form.

RockinB
April 8th, 2005, 16:14
Closing down the Gianas Return website is really bad style.
It's been a long time since I saw such a stupidity on the net.

The game is almost finished and I think it's very underestimated in the scene. Everyone who takes the time to play it a while will agree that it's the most professional homebrew game made.

So guys, re-open the website and simply write down why the project is dead.
No reason to throw all the work away!