PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize 2.41 Beta

wraggster
January 11th, 2007, 18:36
Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize) has released a new beta of his awesome app for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

A demo plugin that has already been compiled to run wonderswan and wonderswan color games can be obtained here (http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/wonderswan.dsp). Place it in your plugins directory to try it out

Changed driver structure to allow better supercard support, built in m3cf support.
Changed version string to properly reflect the version.
Fixed issue with loading IRC configuration.
Fixed issue with some langauges and random freezes/browser errors.
Fixed issue with files with no extension being detected as a plugin type.
Added check for resource0.bin and added warning message if it's not found.

Heres a description for those who dont know what this app is:

DSOrganize is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place. It is by no means comparible to a full-fledged organizer such as a palm, and it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cygoku
January 12th, 2007, 00:51
What a total m*r*n! He is still releasing it's software stating "Changed driver structure to allow better supercard support" when it's still NOT working on Supercard Lite.

I pity him. He's clearly asking for what happened to him few months ago.

"it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar" ... THEN STOP WORKING ON IT !! :)

Cygoku

DanTheManMS
January 12th, 2007, 01:00
What's your problem? He doesn't have a SCLite to test with, so all of his modifications in an attempt to get it working are hit-or-miss. He's at least trying to get it to work, which is more than can be said for you.

Besides, it's been speculated that newer SC Lites have different internal workings that make them not work with some homebrew. As you gave one-sided arguments, here's a one-sided view in return: isn't it your fault you purchased an SC Lite?

DoughBoi
January 12th, 2007, 01:12
What a total m*r*n! He is still releasing it's software stating "Changed driver structure to allow better supercard support" when it's still NOT working on Supercard Lite.

"it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar" ... THEN STOP WORKING ON IT !! :)

Cygoku

its not working AT ALL for you? i have the SC lite as well, and it loads up but it doesn't save. i'm going to try this version in a second

Joel92
January 12th, 2007, 02:55

Cygoku

Like i said in an ealier thread:

common practice is, if you cant do anything better (which i am quite sure you can't) then shut up.

that kind of criticism and attitude wont get you anywere in these forums.

Anyways, DM... looks like you have been hard at work for the past week or two... Im real glad your back! keep it up, man!

Vegetable
January 12th, 2007, 13:50
Like i said in an ealier thread:

common practice is, if you cant do anything better (which i am quite sure you can't) then shut the HELL up.

that kind of criticism and attitude wont get you anywere in these forums.

Cry more, he's allowed an opinion.

Dragonminded is a pussy bitch anyway.

Cygoku
January 12th, 2007, 15:43
its not working AT ALL for you? i have the SC lite as well, and it loads up but it doesn't save. i'm going to try this version in a secondLoads for a sec, I can see the damn dancing cow,... Then it says it try NinjaDS driver, then swtich to SupercardSD ... and ... stays like that for ever,...

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Cygoku

DanTheManMS
January 13th, 2007, 03:03
Once again Cygoku, it's most likely a problem with the newer SC Lites, not with the code. The fact that it works on some SC Lites demonstrates this.

firstknight
January 13th, 2007, 04:25
give the man some space man... he is working on it and not being paid.. and you demand so much.... why dun you just pay him probably he will do much better...

Joel92
January 13th, 2007, 16:34
Cry more, he's allowed an opinion.

Dragonminded is a pussy bitch anyway.

wow. no wonder why he quit doing this in the first place. how about you actually just THANK him for once for contributing, not insult him. my gosh, what people coming to these days? dont even have the ability to complement people anymore.

DanTheManMS
January 13th, 2007, 19:02
Cygoku, would you be opposed to trying a different DLDI patch file? It's been reported that reading will work on an SCLite that normally fails completely, while writing will hang. However, it has not been tested with DSOrganize, only a small test app, so I'm not making any guaruntees that it will work at all. It's still worth a shot though. If you'd like to try it, download http://mdxonlinemirror.dyndns.org/resources/20070101_dldi_scsd_ver10_20070101.zip and patch with that. As always, backup your card's contents first before trying it.

EDIT: confirmed to work for one user in DSOrganize 2.45 (which I just submitted to the Submit News forum, so it should be making its way here fairly soon):

As I mentioned in the fatlib thread over in the development forum, the Moonshell DLDI for SCSD works with my SC Lite, except for writing.

I decided to mention that here too, because after patching DS Organize 2.45 with the DLDI it work but even though writing to the SD wasn't working it didn't give me any errors. I added a TODO and restarted, it wasn't there (which is obvious), but DSO didn't warn or anything. Just thought that might be something for the future. :)

Great to at least see the new version though! Thanks!

Vegetable
January 14th, 2007, 02:27
wow. no wonder why he quit doing this in the first place. how about you actually just THANK him for once for contributing, not insult him. my gosh, what people coming to these days? dont even have the ability to complement people anymore.

Dragonminded never quit, you dense little kiddie. He bitched and whined because things weren't going 100% the way he wanted, then threatened to quit like he has many times before.
Stonecypher called him out on it so he decided to leave in fear of looking like a crybaby once again; yet, being the pussy bitch that he is, he missed all of the morons like yourself sucking his dick for making an unworking application solely because they couldn't.

Then little kiddies like yourself read the news (many of which never used DSOrganize), and immediately jumped on the bandwagon of bagging out Stonecypher with no information other than Dragonminded's crying on his blog.

Zion
January 14th, 2007, 02:45
warned yet again, please so some level of decency towards users, and please watch your mouth.

there are kids of under 10 years of age using this forum, and we at dcemu dont like them being subjected to those sort of foul words and abusive slang.

show a bit of common sense and respect for fellow users please

knownchild
March 8th, 2007, 14:09
i have a max media dock and it says my card is not compatable with chism's fat library can i use a patch and if so how do you use patches (im a beginer) [email protected]

DanTheManMS
March 8th, 2007, 23:00
See the stickied topic for DlDI patching. It will tell you what you need to know about patching homebrew.