PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray movies to include portable files

wraggster
January 11th, 2007, 22:27
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/10/blu-ray-movies-to-include-portable-files/)

In a strange, un-Sony like move, Sony's David Bishop announced that future Blu-Ray movies from Sony Pictures Entertainment will include portable files that can be transferred to laptops and other portables (such as the PSP?). This feature may launch this year, which would be a fantastic deal for current PLAYSTATION 3 and PSP owners. Imagine copying a movie from your PS3's Blu-Ray reader directly onto the PSP via USB connection. That would be an incredible bonus. Let's see it happen, Sony.

Zourn
January 11th, 2007, 23:10
Or maybe even streaming the smaller sized file via Remote Play, giving Remote Play an actual reason to exist.

mavsman4457
January 12th, 2007, 01:36
This is awesome. This may actually give me a reason to buy Blu Ray movies even though I don't have an HDTV thus I can't see the difference between DVD and BD.

cloud_952
January 12th, 2007, 02:07
... wow, how quickly people are won over.

The remotely intelligent reader will note that Sony said NOTHING about a copy of the movie. No. They said "portable files". Those include songs. Text files. Wallpapers. -_-; Do you SERIOUSLY think Sony would include an easy-to-ripoff movie? God no.

mavsman4457
January 12th, 2007, 02:09
... wow, how quickly people are won over.

The remotely intelligent reader will note that Sony said NOTHING about a copy of the movie. No. They said "portable files". Those include songs. Text files. Wallpapers. -_-; Do you SERIOUSLY think Sony would include an easy-to-ripoff movie? God no.

Chill out dude. You could have made the point in a kind way without insulting anyone's intelligence. It's not that big of a deal. Let's all just get along.

pt9087
January 12th, 2007, 02:31
haha lol i like it, hehe.
@cloud: True!