PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Lost A Good User Today...

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 00:26
Apologises if this is in the wrong section but I need to say this, personally it will make me feel a little better about what has happened.

Karen W was one of my best friends and a member of my Jackass Uk team based in Stoke-On-Trent, England. Almost everything I did she was there or whatever. I introduced her to the PSP Scene last year and ever since then she has downloaded stuff on DCEMU using my account. From using DAX's Custom Firmware to playing Emulators made by ZX-81 she has loved the PSP and DCEMU. She loved this website because of the members mainly, if she ever needed help that I could not help her with, she got it of somebody else here and I would like to thank anybody that did help her.

Today at 4PM she died in a car crash on her way to get something to eat. The driver was sent to hospital with leg injuries. I would have been in the car at the time as well if it was not for a phone call from a friend of mine. Basically I would like to say thank you to anybody that made her feel welcome here and thank you to all of the coders that put their time and effort into creating such great PSP Programs, it was you that made her happy among other things.

Apologises for this going into the wrong section again. I didnt know where else to put it.

wraggster
January 12th, 2007, 00:30
OH dear, my heart goes out to you and her family, its a real sad situation

penileartery
January 12th, 2007, 00:35
oh god. all prayers to her and her family. m not in the psp scene as much anymore because mine broke
:( but ill be getting another at gamestop so yeah anyways..im sorry

BelmontSlayer
January 12th, 2007, 00:35
I wish you the best of luck. I lost a close friend a few years ago, and know how hard it is.

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 00:41
Well I do feel alot better I got that off my chest, I do wanna thank Masterchafed and Zion for their support on the MSN that made me feel alot more better. Of course yourselfs for reading.

I hope you get your psp soon penileartery

Zion
January 12th, 2007, 00:41
ive talked to you for ages on this brigz and its a terrible thing to happen :(

but as i said dont blame yourself as it wasnt your fault mate :(

you have my condolances

Also when i release my new game : Legend Of Zelda : Quest Of Link, that will be dedicated in the honor of your freind, Masterchafeds aunt and my grandmother who all passed away recently too :(

MasterChafed
January 12th, 2007, 00:42
Yeah man, hard times for everyone, my aunt marylou died this exact day (jan. 11) of last year, and i got in a car wreck just last thursday, my heart goes out to you and all that loved her.

Masterchafed :(

Malksta
January 12th, 2007, 00:44
Jeez, That sucks :(
How old was she?

Yobumtin
January 12th, 2007, 00:45
:( I'm sorry to hear that. Thats really sad and I hope you and her family feel better. Thats tragic for all of you. :( :(

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 00:49
Karen was 19

Yeh Zion im a little better about it now, thanks for the tribute thingy to both Karen and MasterChafed's aunt and your grandmother. Geez nice start to 2007.

Cloudhunter
January 12th, 2007, 00:50
I feel for your loss mate. Had losses myself recently. Seems to be something in the air :(

Good luck, the road to recovery will be hard, but i'm sure you'll prevail.

Cloudy

Destroyer699
January 12th, 2007, 00:52
I'm very sad to hear this. I hope you get through it.

Paiku
January 12th, 2007, 00:56
That was shocking to read.

I wish you and her family the best luck!

JKKDARK
January 12th, 2007, 00:59
It's really sad :(

Hungry Horace
January 12th, 2007, 01:00
Briggzy,
everything that can be said, already has been, by the kind people here, but i would still like to add my condolonces anyway.

I'm sure everyone here can understand your feelings, even if they cant relate, and i'm glad to hear you are doing alright in what must be an awful time for you. my love to you, and to Karen's friends & family.

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 01:06
Karens family are in Spain at the moment, well parents, I told her Dad but hes keeping it quiet at the moment to her mother, shes got something called a Pacemaker it could really hurt her. Everythings all gone bad at the moment, rest assured thank you all you made me feel better, but as I say that I need to point out this is nothing to do with me whatsoever I didnt go through what she did, I just wish I was in her place at the time.

ExcruciationX
January 12th, 2007, 01:07
OH MY GOD!!! :eek:

I wish you the best of feelings from the bottom of my heart dude... :(

Nikolaos
January 12th, 2007, 01:09
R.i.p

ninja9393
January 12th, 2007, 01:16
Wow, that really sucks

Sorry to hear that :(

raghar
January 12th, 2007, 01:23
my heart goest to you man but that is why this site was made to make people happy and if she was happy with this site lets do our best to make others just as happy as she was

ExcruciationX
January 12th, 2007, 01:26
An idea just came to my head. We should have a Moment Of Silence here.

DarthPaul
January 12th, 2007, 01:28
dude,you dont have to apologize,i understand,it's ok, i wish she rest in peace. sincerely

g00gy
January 12th, 2007, 01:30
im sorry about the news

Shilo
January 12th, 2007, 01:41
Thats awful :( May she rest in peace.

sheershadow
January 12th, 2007, 01:55
Im so sorry to hear that
You have my condolences

Bobtentpeg
January 12th, 2007, 01:57
Man i am so sorry. A lot of ppl i know have had loved ones die recently, it seems we'ra off to a bad start this year

Vega
January 12th, 2007, 02:00
you have my condolances also mate, may she rest in peace .

NeoXCS
January 12th, 2007, 02:01
That is so sad, I really wish the best for her family and friends. I'm sorry for you to have to go through this. :( I, as well as many others here, hope she rests in peace.

Kyros
January 12th, 2007, 02:07
My condolances to her family and everyone who cared for her. God bless her soul and may she rest in peace.

pt9087
January 12th, 2007, 02:09
Thats not nice to hear and not good to comment on!
Good luck for the future bud!

DPyro
January 12th, 2007, 02:11
Very sorry to hear this...Maybe it would be appropriate to post a picture of her.

Hiei311
January 12th, 2007, 02:12
u man i feel ur pain i had my grandma grandpa and aunt die in a matter of 3 months and my friend died a few months ago, i hope u and her faimly will feel better, im really sorry to hear that

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 02:17
well...I could post a picture of her, but Im not for looking at her picture at the moment, I have given Zion her picture already to use on his programs credits. It is up 2 him if he wants to post it but im not really wanting to :(

alucard001
January 12th, 2007, 02:19
thats is ****ed up man, hope she goes to a better place

gunntims0103
January 12th, 2007, 02:20
Thats highly unfortunate to hear about a death like that.

I send my deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Emeriastone
January 12th, 2007, 02:25
My mind goes out to you and her loved ones for your loss.

siulmagic
January 12th, 2007, 02:35
altho i dont now you, you have my condolances
very sad =(

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 02:39
Geez I am glad I posted here, I knew people would help. Thank you all so much.

tanukikun
January 12th, 2007, 02:46
None of us can truly understand your loss, but having lost many friends myself - I send you and her family my dearest regards in this time of loss.

joezueno
January 12th, 2007, 02:50
I would like to offer my condolenses to you and her family I do not know both of you or her family but when I read this my heart just about dropped to the floor.:( It's very hard to deal with a loss like this and just rememeber your family her family and friends are all there for you and eachother dont ever forget that

Sincerely,

joe zueno

P.S. I normally do not post on forums ex. if someone needs help I will. But this........ this really makes me sad to hear I wish you well my friend......I wish you well

Anger
January 12th, 2007, 02:52
words cannot express my sympathy for your loss and that of her family.

sorry for your loss.

porchemasi
January 12th, 2007, 03:06
Im really sorry for your loss man :( My cousin aswell, 16, was killed by a tragic accident who was also a active member in many forums. I know how is too lose a loved one, my heart goes out to u

Sterist
January 12th, 2007, 03:31
dam, that really sucks =/ very sorry

coincidentally, i had a friend die yesterday :(

however, she O.D.'d on heroine.

Napalm-Death
January 12th, 2007, 03:35
My condolences.

cartmandude14
January 12th, 2007, 03:39
I feel so sorry for you, her, and family. I hope you know how I feel for you guys. I can relate since I just recently lost my Grandfather(on new years eve):( :( :(

Mark30001
January 12th, 2007, 03:44
Sorry for the loss. :(

My condolences to the family.

porchemasi
January 12th, 2007, 03:49
Id like to just say once again sorry to EVERYONE who has lost a loved one,

Life is beautiful and good times last a lifetime. Remember those who loved you and who you loved. They will always be with you no matter what. Whether you are Christian, Hindu, or Muslim, if we dont believe in a higher power then there is no reason to live. If you cannot accept death, u cannot accept life. Live by those words, and u can finally live.

2QUICK4U
January 12th, 2007, 03:52
:( thats some extreme tragic news, most likely she has gone to better place.

baracki96
January 12th, 2007, 03:55
My condolences to you and the family, she'll be in my prayers.

kenyol
January 12th, 2007, 04:05
Deepest condolences for her family.

Briggzy11
January 12th, 2007, 04:11
I too need to say im sorry to everybody that has lost a loved one. Its times like this when I find out life is really bad on all of us. I have done things today that I never ever done in my life, I have broken the law twice doing something I shouldnt have (I wont mention because im not usually like that)

Really sorry to all that have lost loved ones!!!

EDIT://

I cant sleep, its 4:13am. Any tips please?

SnoopKatt
January 12th, 2007, 04:20
Wow, I know how that feels to lose someone you really care about, I'm really sorry :(

sroon
January 12th, 2007, 04:27
Damn bro i feel your greaf...
damn my cousin died 2 years ago .. he lived with me n we would play videogames all the time together... I would even call him my best bro even tho he was my cousin...
but time heals all wounds and i know it will be hard but you just need to let yourself pull threw at times like these...
but for some advice try to keep yourself busy as posible and try not to think about tit too much...
But sleeping will be hard because when my cousin died at the age of 12 i went to bed with nightmares and stuff so just try to keep yourself as busy as posible.

I just want you to know bro that if you need someone to talk to dont be ag\frade to leave me a message. you will be in my prayers:)

(O ) ( O)

shadowprophet
January 12th, 2007, 04:41
I dont know what to say
I never do in situations like these :(

Except I know what you and her family and friends are going through and im awfully sorry :(

An no bro, Im sorry, there are no tips to get a better nights sleep in times like this.
I suggest trying to get comfortible and watching a movie, something lite like a comedy or adventure, if you can..:(

porchemasi
January 12th, 2007, 04:56
naw man there are no tips to sleep when u feel like this :( just try to sleep (with the pc off)

F9zDark
January 12th, 2007, 05:03
I am sorry to hear that man. My prayers are with you and her family.

Mr. Shizzy
January 12th, 2007, 05:18
I send my condolances.

I have lost (too many people) who are close to me, and it's a hurt that you can never get used to, no matter how many times you go through it. :(

The only tip I could offer to help ease your mind and soul are:

1) If your religious - PRAY

and

2) Know that if your friend could talk to you now, she would probably tell you that she doesn't want you to be in pain. And, she will always be there for you in your heart.

I wish you and her family the best in trying to get through this.

YourStillWithMe
January 12th, 2007, 05:20
Seriously, the best thing to do when you can't sleep is grab your ipod, cd player, or whatever portable device you use to listen to your music and just put songs on that make you smile and appreciate life. When my grandfather died a couple of years ago from lung cancer I played Elton Johns-Candle In The Wind (Diana And Marilyn Monroe versions) and i cried through it but i smiled and felt better because I knew he faught the cancer hard and was a brave soul.

Music makes us who we are. Without music we would be helpless. Taker music away from films, what interest is that? Music helps us study hard, helps us relax, helps us channel anger, get us through the good and the bad times, sparks memories, gets us pumped for an event or fight, keeps us pumped at the gym, etc etc.
So I recommend music, it's the best remedy out there.

I'm sorry for your loss. She was so young and that is horrrrriiiibbbbblllleee. I'm not going to say I know what you're going through, because I don't.Best of luck to you man!

WastingTheDawn
January 12th, 2007, 05:27
I send my love to you karen and her frends and family.

Its sad to see such a young girl die when she had her life ahead of her,i'm 19 and it makes me relieze how lucky some of us are and how some of us don't really deserve and take advantage.

jbonett
January 12th, 2007, 06:23
Sorry to hear that man... :(

DCRich
January 12th, 2007, 07:15
wow....when I thought to check the forums this evening, that was about the last thing I expected to read. I lost a good friend to cancer 6 months ago....he was only 26.

My heart goes out to you, and all who cared for her. May she rest in peace. One piece of advice. Try to celebrate her life, not mourn her death. Worked great for me, and makes me happy knowing how my friend touched many peoples lives. And, in an odd way, she has now touched the lives of ever one of us.

Stray strong, you will get through this.

Veskgar
January 12th, 2007, 07:17
This is tragic news to say the least. Just want to let you know that I, like all others here have your back and I hope you remain strong through these tough times.

Life is surely precious. This is another example of why we should never take any moment for granted.

I appreciate that DCEMU is a community that comes together and helps each other out in hard times like these.

My thoughts, best wishes, & prayers are with her and her family.

kcajblue
January 12th, 2007, 07:41
im sorry to hear that she passed. :(
i give my condolences to her family and everyone that knew her.

dejkirkby
January 12th, 2007, 07:44
My sincere condolences go out to you, her friends and her family. She will be in my thoughts and my prayers.
May you rest in peace, Karen.

razorak
January 12th, 2007, 07:45
As people say, life is unpredictable and most of the time, we can only take it in our stride and move on...

i offer my sincerest condolences

leonstars
January 12th, 2007, 07:54
i offer my sincerest condolences
and my prayers go out to her and her family

scottyboynow
January 12th, 2007, 08:15
I know what it feels like to lose a good friend

mnuhaily22
January 12th, 2007, 08:33
Sorry for that man, I know how hard that can get.

zx-81
January 12th, 2007, 08:40
It's a very sad news, i'm really sorry :( ... My sincere condolences to her family and all her friends.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 12th, 2007, 08:43
Sorry to hear the sad news a death always leaves a big hole in the peoples lives that knew the deceased.I lost my mother suddenly on boxing day acouple of years ago and know 1st hand how hard dealing with bereavment is things do get better it may not seem like it right now but time is a great healer.just hold on to the good fun memories you have and it does help....

PSPCulture
January 12th, 2007, 09:00
Sorry to hear about this (very local to me as I work in S-o-T).

Condolences to all who knew her.

HotDogMan960
January 12th, 2007, 09:09
I didn't know her well - Didn't post much in the forums sorry everyone =( - but still wish her family great care and prayers to Karen. Indeed a terrible start to 2007 =(

R.I.P

Uchiha Sasuke
January 12th, 2007, 09:13
Sorry to hear. Best wishes to all who knew her.
I don't usually post on these forums - just read, but I thought I'd send support along with everyone here.

Darksaviour69
January 12th, 2007, 09:15
my deepest condolences

brazrevolts
January 12th, 2007, 09:29
Very very sad. Best Wishes to her in the afterlife and her friends and family .

ishimef
January 12th, 2007, 09:37
a tragic loss. =( sad news.. moments like this is hard to go through. i hope she's in a better place now. best wishes to you and her family

zidanerick
January 12th, 2007, 10:17
Sorry to hear of your loss, but there is an upside in heaven, no DRM!! :D, I hope you keep in high spirits and if you cannot sleep just come on the IRC channel and have a chat.

splodger15
January 12th, 2007, 10:29
I am so sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences go to you her family and friends

BlackJack23
January 12th, 2007, 10:51
Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Rather than prolong death we should embrace it.
Rather than mourn friends passed
we should celebrate their lives.
For death is the natural course of all things.
It is when God wants to bring his children home again.

M Dash
January 12th, 2007, 11:03
19 years old... What a waste of youth in the world... :(

People in this age deserve to be happy and live... Not to suffer these kind of things because of another person being irresponsable...

Let her soul rest in peace to be reborned again and live a long and happily other life...

My condolences to everyone related to her...

dante_itachi10
January 12th, 2007, 11:12
its really sad :( may she rest in peace

RicardoG
January 12th, 2007, 12:59
My condolances too...even not knowing her it's very sad for someone to die at 19 years old.
Well she does have a great friend who keeps her alive in his heart and in the hearts of us all on this site.

mcvader
January 12th, 2007, 13:11
I'm very sorry to hear this, may she rest in peace.
My deepest condolences to her family and those who knew her.

//R
January 12th, 2007, 13:30
I don't even know what to say, it's awful. I hope you and her loved ones pull through.

gr42178
January 12th, 2007, 14:38
This is so sad, you have my condolences. My nephew died when he was 16 of Lieukemia so I know what your going through, its so sad when they are taken so young before they have a chance to experience all that life has to offer. :(

Do not stand by my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am a diamond glint of snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starshine at night.
Do not stand by my grave and cry.
I am not there...I did not die.

V3N0M
January 12th, 2007, 15:28
Oh man. I honestly don't know what to say... other than I’m sorry for what happened. I wish you and her family the best of luck and hope you all will be able to recover from this.

brunobelo
January 12th, 2007, 16:00
It's sad to lose someone who you like or love. :'( I'm really sad for you, man.

D0N
January 12th, 2007, 16:11
Very sorry to hear that mate. :( You have my condolences.

joanna30879
January 12th, 2007, 16:32
OMG I am so so sorry, that is horrific. My heart goes out to you and her family, and all who loved her. There's nothing I can say to offer any real comfort right now, so I'll just say that I hope her spirit is free and at peace.

Chackan
January 12th, 2007, 16:35
I know how it feels to loose someone important to you...

I'm sorry for you mate...

Exoskeletor
January 12th, 2007, 17:09
im verry sad about it briggzy, I have a job that i have to see death almost every week this days and when someone young dies in brakes my hearth.

Be always good and remember the good and only the good times. Don't feel sad about it, life is hard

Mr.Denny
January 12th, 2007, 17:09
My condolances go out to her family :(

mr_nick666
January 12th, 2007, 17:19
:( Im so sorry mate :(

PSmonkey
January 12th, 2007, 17:25
Very sorry to hear that man. I'll let my friend beeker know. I know he was thinking of doing a few psp demo soon (he can probably dedicate one as well).

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 12th, 2007, 17:31
hard times.......sry to hear this....:(:(, she was only 19?!?!?!?, thats quite young to me.....thats sad......all the best of luck goes from my heart to urs and her familys....good luck...

indo_stylo
January 12th, 2007, 17:35
Well, it's really sad to hear it m8..
But those things are parts of life.. nothing you can do about it... don't suffering your life by thinkin about it all the time.. life goes on.. Just thanks to god that your friends called u..

R.I.P m8.

bullhead
January 12th, 2007, 18:46
I hate how these things happen. I am without words on this topic...topic...(except the ones in this post)

bull, oblivion smells like marbe...probably:(

titch.ryan
January 12th, 2007, 19:08
wow thats tradgic news. sorry to hear. i wish you well.

NJisMYhome
January 12th, 2007, 19:31
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/st0n3r/thcross.png

nyrtrublue
January 12th, 2007, 19:40
My deepest condolences to you her and her family

And if anyone has a problem with where this was posted i hope they choke

carlitx
January 12th, 2007, 19:42
i never knew her but..i'm sorry that she died.......you never know just how short life is till it hits you personaly i feel for ya man.

Apoklepz
January 12th, 2007, 20:12
Hello Briggs. Long time.

I can't express how I feel after reading your very sad post. I lost my Aunt about eight years back because of a drunk driver, and she too enjoyed videogames even at her old age. She used to take some of her time to play Zelda games with me when she came to visit and on family reunions.

What can I say? I just hope she's in a better place right now, watching over her friends and loved ones.
My condolences to you and all who knew, loved and appreciated her time on this Earth.

Be safe and stay strong.

Ennohex
January 12th, 2007, 20:18
The gamers of today are anonymous friends, it's sad to lose a friend. I admire the fact that you stood up to say something. I wish you comfort in your time of need and for your friend to rest in peace.

Basil Zero
January 12th, 2007, 20:56
Ouch dood

not right, prayers will be in the hearts of all of dcemu

Cloud_35
January 12th, 2007, 21:40
Really sorry to hear that. Nothing personal but that brought dark clouds to a shiny day. No, i'm serous, it suddenly started to rain here. really.

You alll are right. We never knew her, yeah, but we (i think) all know how it feels.

:(

(glad you are gettin' through it)

cal360
January 12th, 2007, 21:42
Thats realy sad, she must of been a great friend to you

fistikuffs
January 12th, 2007, 22:45
My sincere condolences to her family, friends and you briggsy. Tragic news indeed. Take care.

s1k0
January 12th, 2007, 22:48
Briggzy im soo sorry to hear this :( my prayers go to you her and her family get well soon

xsimmonsx
January 12th, 2007, 23:15
I think I speak for everyone here when I say theres no need for any apologises for posting this topic my friend, I dont post on here that often unless I feel its worth while to comment.

I can only say im sorry to hear that someone so young has been taken, I 've lost many friends in the last few years, the last was also by a car (he was on a bike however, so he had no chance).

My heart goes out for you and her family.

popcornx
January 13th, 2007, 04:37
thats really sad....=(

NovaKane
January 13th, 2007, 07:39
Sorry to hear about the loss of a Homebrew member of the PSP community and your close friend Briggzy. Condolences to you, her family and friends. Be strong.

kersplatty
January 13th, 2007, 13:47
respect to karen :( sorry to hear your loss man

HellsPlumber
January 14th, 2007, 01:17
Its hard to comment on something like this. I wish her freinds and family all the best for the future. Ive not lost anyone yet so I have no idea how hard this must be for you. Hope you feel better and may she rest in peace.