PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo: Wii is more popular now than on launch day

wraggster
January 12th, 2007, 21:07
Via MCVuk (http://www.mcvuk.com/Nintendo-Wii-more-popular-now-than-at-launch)

Nintendo claims that its Nintendo Wii is more in demand now than it was when it launched last month.
The console giant has told MCV that retailers have reported that they are receiving more requests for the system than ever.

“Many retailers are reporting some instances of higher demand for Wii in the New Year than they had experienced for launch last year as word of mouth and interest in Wii continues to spread and grow,” a Nintendo spokesperson told MCV.

Although a free stock situation looks to be some time off, MCV has contacted retailers who have said that they largely understand the situation.

Joint managing director of CHIPS Don McCabe told MCV: “Although we’ve had Wii stock delivered in fair numbers and pretty consistently, we could have done with more – but so could have everybody. That said, Nintendo and Koch have obviously given us as much as we can and we have no complaints.

“Over Christmas, we had Nintendo fans knocking on doors and windows in the morning to see if we had Wiis in.”

"We're making constant and multiple deliveries to retailers across the UK to cope with the unprecedented demand for Wii highlighted by its record breaking UK launch,” added Nintendo’s spokesperson.

This morning, Nintendo raised its full year profits forecast by 20 per cent off the back of impressive Wii and DS sales. Targets for the amount of Wii games it expects to sell globally have been raised from 17 million to 21 million, whilst the firm is aiming to sell six million Wii hardware units by the end of the financial year.

alienanthropologist
January 12th, 2007, 22:11
I'm not surprised at all. Before the Wii was released I had been driving every single one of my friends completely crazy, going on and on about the Wii.

Now that I've got one, I have invited lots of people round mine to play Wii.

The response? Well, all of them, with no exeption, not even my girlfriend's parents, were HUGELY impressed with it and showed a very strong desire to get one.

Even my Ps2 fanboy friends have been instantly converted and want to get a Wii.

Nintendo's really got a hit on this one. Who knows when this snow-balling hype is going to stop, because by the look of it, it's just getting bigger!

I suppose one of the reasons interest keeps growing is that it's such an impressive machine. I mean, I'm sure that my friends would be inpressed if I had a Ps3 at home (yes the graphics are awesome), but you just have to look at the smile on people's faces when they pick up the Wiimote and start navigating the Wii Channels menu... let alone the face they make when they acutally start playing the game.

Nintedo really is writing history here!:thumbup:

LilSwish722
January 13th, 2007, 00:11
Yea. I've been wanting a Wii since about September. I finally got one for Christmas and I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be. However, my school is incredibly stupid and all my friends are either XBox fanboys or PS2 fanboys, and have vowed never to get a Wii because "they are stupid and childish"...They have much better games than the PS3 and more features than the XBox 360.

CrackA
January 13th, 2007, 14:03
Yea. I've been wanting a Wii since about September. I finally got one for Christmas and I'm much more impressed than I thought I would be. However, my school is incredibly stupid and all my friends are either XBox fanboys or PS2 fanboys, and have vowed never to get a Wii because "they are stupid and childish"...They have much better games than the PS3 and more features than the XBox 360.
thats how some people I know were. Now they respect the Wii, and one of them is getting one.