PDA

View Full Version : Now we have the Wii on a DS Lite

wraggster
January 12th, 2007, 21:14
via wiifanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/01/12/now-we-have-the-wii-on-a-ds-lite/)

First we had a Wii being played on a GBA SP, now we have it on the DS Lite. It seems hooking the Wii up to strange screens is all the rage now. With the brighter screen, the DS Lite is obviously the best choice for playing your Wii on an almost completely useless, tiny screen. Still though, as we said with the GBA SP, it at least makes for a cool video. Check it out past the post break.

Video Here (http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-8428393713999279735&hl=nl)

SkyeDarkhawk
January 13th, 2007, 01:31
I suppose I could have said this with the first "Wii played on..." news post. A while before these trends appeared, I used my modded PSX screen to play my Wii at a convention, works really well.

It's just that little PSOne screen with a modded AV-cable so I can connect any RCA device to it. It's pretty handy for good gaming on the go.

shadowprophet
January 13th, 2007, 02:57
I like to travel lite.
im not likely to port around non-portable systems, no matter how cool the idea is ;p

Mister Klownes
January 13th, 2007, 03:02
How worthwhile would it even be to do this? Nfity is about all you could expect to say about it...

curt_grymala
January 13th, 2007, 03:16
A while before these trends appeared, I used my modded PSX screen to play my Wii at a convention, works really well.

Now that I could see as being pretty handy.

The DS Lite and GBA SP are completely useless, as, in order to be far enough away for the sensor bar to work, you wouldn't really be able to see the screen at all. Did you see how hard it was to see the screen even when the camera zoomed in on it?

The PSX screen idea is pretty cool, though. To throw one of those, or one of those like 9-inch portable DVD player screens into a Wii sling bag along with your Wii would be nice. Then, you could set it up just about anywhere you have electrical outlets and start playing your Wii.

SkyeDarkhawk
January 13th, 2007, 13:40
Now that I could see as being pretty handy.

The DS Lite and GBA SP are completely useless, as, in order to be far enough away for the sensor bar to work, you wouldn't really be able to see the screen at all. Did you see how hard it was to see the screen even when the camera zoomed in on it?

The PSX screen idea is pretty cool, though. To throw one of those, or one of those like 9-inch portable DVD player screens into a Wii sling bag along with your Wii would be nice. Then, you could set it up just about anywhere you have electrical outlets and start playing your Wii.

Before the Wii came out, I was using my GameQoob with it just about wherever I went to a convention at. It was nice to be sitting the lobbies of hotels and people stopping by and going, "Hey, that's really cool." Of course, a few people found it extremely amusing that I was using a Sony brand product to play a GameQoob.

CrackA
January 13th, 2007, 13:49
would be cool if you can then control the menu using the DS touch screen.