PDA

View Full Version : CrocoDS v1.0 Alpha - Amstrad CPC Emulator for Nintendo DS Released

wraggster
January 12th, 2007, 21:46
Via Rebug (http://deadketchup.kyuran.be) comes a new release of the impressive CPC 6128 emulator for NDS.

- New keyboard 3/4. - Resize of the automatic screen. - More interlacing at the time posting of the screen. - The scrolling of the screen (Via the key R) now also functions into horizontal. - The sound is of better quality - Support of ROMs zippées functional. - Support of the DLDI in order to be compatible with all old linkers and to come (!! Caution!! That wants to say that you owe patcher the file .nds before being able to use it) - the change of pallet is again possible for each line. (possible modification via the menu hack)

Download and Give Feedback & Compatibility Reports Via Comments

xcom
January 14th, 2007, 11:08
How the hell do you load games or make the emulator see the rom files? These is no read me or any instructions.

xcom
January 14th, 2007, 11:10
Load Disk == Nothing!!. The file is sitting in the same directory as the app.

Perhaps this is not implemented yet.

crookedmouth
January 14th, 2007, 11:26
I've only run from dualis but it works like a charm. I put .dsk images of amstrad right along side in the root directory. Some are still in zipped format, it doesn't seem to matter. Everything is running well with decent speed.
I'm still deciding what to buy. What card/cart are you using?

redbug
January 14th, 2007, 15:42
The rom file have to be in the /roms directory, either in the /ameds or in the / directory.
Enjoy...

thebawp
February 19th, 2007, 09:50
This is an amazing piece of kit - I grew up playing on an Amastrad CPC 464, so this is a brilliant trip down memory lane.

crookedmouth
February 20th, 2007, 03:27
I finally got my DS and this is fantastic redbug, you are an emulation machine. Great speed!

JushinLiger
March 13th, 2007, 10:16
Right, I'm using SCSD and I can't get the emualtor to run ROM's. I've put the Emulator in the root directory and I've got a folder full of ROM's, I've renamed the ROM folder "ROMs" & "Ameds" but it still won't load ROM's. Please can someone explain to me how to do it? :confused:

crookedmouth
March 14th, 2007, 00:32
Right, I'm using SCSD and I can't get the emualtor to run ROM's. I've put the Emulator in the root directory and I've got a folder full of ROM's, I've renamed the ROM folder "ROMs" & "Ameds" but it still won't load ROM's. Please can someone explain to me how to do it? :confused:

You have patched crocods-dldi-v10.nds with the dldi patching tool and correct device patch?

I created a folder named roms and placed all the roms and the emulator inside the same folder.