PDA

View Full Version : View flash/umd on your PC!

Virus.exe
January 13th, 2007, 15:09
Booster Releases PSP UMD Dump Tool - UMD can be read direct from PC!

Booster, the creator of Devhook is back with a great PSP UMD dump utility called PSP UMD Dump tool. It mounts system data to USB storage and count mount a few devices onto virtual FAT16 and connects it to mass USB storage. The UMD can be read direct from a computer without actually embarking on the 'dumping process'.

Citaat:
USB Special System Storage 1.00
This is the tool which mounts system data and system device to USB
Storage.mIt can mount the following device onto virtual FAT16 and connects itmto USB MassStorage.
1.UMD ISO9660 image.
2.Sysytem Memories and some registers.
3.lflash(NANDflashROM) pertation image.
4.lflash(NANDflashROM) direct. (FAT12 direct file access)
It is mounted in ReadOnly except the NORMAL mode.mSo the flashROM and system data are safely protected.
The UMD can read direct from PC without dump process.mUse UMDGEN or DAEMON Tool to access the file of UMD.
Be careful that PC cache's does not realtime read when reading Memory and Register twice.

Download:
http://www.rapidshare2.com/554197

SSaxdude
January 13th, 2007, 15:58
You mean dumping UMDs into isos? This has been around for awhile.
EDIT: I didn't read the part about "without actually embarking on the 'dumping process'."
I wonder what this could be used for.

DarthPaul
January 13th, 2007, 16:08
yeah! this is awesome! reading umd's from PC! cool,this could be a good way to load UMD's from the PC in the future :D

Vega
January 13th, 2007, 16:09
um, hasnt this been done before?

im a bit confused to what exactly this does (duh) . could someone clarify?

kieso
January 13th, 2007, 16:13
Is anyone sure this is really from booster? I'd be careful just in case. Notice there's no readme with the files. Generally there is always a readme with homebrew tools. Beware in case this is a fake & is a bricker

Vega
January 13th, 2007, 16:18
Is anyone sure this is really from booster? I'd be careful just in case. Notice there's no readme with the files. Generally there is always a readme with homebrew tools. Beware in case this is a fake & is a bricker

Call me whatever you like if Im wrong about this, but i got the same feeling.

imagecko
January 13th, 2007, 16:30
this doesnt brick your psp i ran it through a anti brick program for the psp and tested it. Very cool.

kieso
January 13th, 2007, 16:34
I still don't think booster would release this with absolutey no readme & more detailed directions

imagecko
January 13th, 2007, 16:48
it sure does look like boosters work with the font and all it matches his older devhooks

lordnibbla
January 13th, 2007, 16:49
So let me get this right, you can mount the umd as a physical drive in your pc? Pretty cool stuff, but idk what we would use it for :rolleyes:

imagecko
January 13th, 2007, 16:56
correct and you can look at the flash0 and the flash1. only if we could write to it

kieso
January 13th, 2007, 17:37
correct and you can look at the flash0 and the flash1. only if we could write to it

Yeah that would be great. What would be better? To have a pc program to access flash0 via USB which could fix alot of bricked psp's. I know someone now who is stuck. He bricked his psp & when he uses recovery menu and tries to recover to 1.5 it freezes. All the other options work but always freezes when running the recovery eboot

ExcruciationX
January 13th, 2007, 18:22
Awesome! Thank's Booster! :)

crypysmoker
January 13th, 2007, 18:49
What I would cry over is if they found a way to accses and write to Flash01/0, then take whatever firmware we want, unpack it and place the files exactl;y where they should be and Voila!!! Unbricked psp as soon as u reboot it.

The only thing wrong with that is, depending on how u bricked your psp, the USB might not even initialize.
But this is a step in the right direction.

Since my psp is bricked, I ws close to desoldeering the flash chip and connecting it to a card reader (soldering of course) and trying to acsess it that way, but OH well lol.

psp411
January 13th, 2007, 20:04
What I would cry over is if they found a way to accses and write to Flash01/0, then take whatever firmware we want, unpack it and place the files exactl;y where they should be and Voila!!! Unbricked psp as soon as u reboot it.

The only thing wrong with that is, depending on how u bricked your psp, the USB might not even initialize.
But this is a step in the right direction.

Since my psp is bricked, I ws close to desoldeering the flash chip and connecting it to a card reader (soldering of course) and trying to acsess it that way, but OH well lol.

I was thinkin about doing that wit ma bricked psp... but instead, i wuz gonna connect it to ma comp usin the u.p modchip installation for da psp. This way, you wudnt need tha modchip to unbrick ur psp... of course i wud use an extra usb port juss to access the flash qwickly n not the built in usb port since dat is obsolete wen psp's r bricked. Im gonna find out wut each pin does n try dis idea.... mayb ittl work... i got nothin to lose nyway hahahahaah...

actually... ima search for a bricked psp in ma area n buy it... n try it on dat... not tryna mess up ma 1st thing i eva bought usin ma own hard, made cash :D :cool:

thru brief research on da web, i found out that deyre parts of da flash that is supposed to neva be touched.... not even by sce updates from sony.... can sum1 tell me if dey c unusual files lik dat wheyn they use dis app???

Flatlander
January 13th, 2007, 21:07
this is effin brilliant! Well done, just ripped my copy of socom fireteam bravo to test it.. and wow you just go into your psp drive on the computer and the iso is just sitting there to be copied! haha Well done booster, this is sick!

ExcruciationX
January 13th, 2007, 21:26
Um, the archive is damaged?

kieso
January 13th, 2007, 21:57
Um, the archive is damaged?

That happens to me sometimes but it's usually just when there's high traffic on this site. I just delete that file & delete history & all that in your browser and try again a little later. I delete the cache & stuff because if you don't when you hit download it'll automatically pop up with the same file.

xg917
January 13th, 2007, 23:05
i thot we werent allowed to talk about iso stuff

mexicansnake
January 13th, 2007, 23:11
Wow cool! thanx Booster:D.

froggie22
January 14th, 2007, 04:20
pretty cool program. and its not a bricker.

juggaleaux
January 14th, 2007, 04:31
can someone rehost this as a zip or rar? I can't open 7zip files and since I'm at work, I can't install something that can.

modcase
January 14th, 2007, 05:02
While this is a very cool program, its also illegal.
Enjoy it while the link is valid... I guess. :cool:

mnuhaily22
January 14th, 2007, 07:04
Hold on, isn't this site against dumping UMD's???

Virus.exe
January 14th, 2007, 12:11
It ain't illegal for the law. Maybe for this site (meh) but it does ALSO allow you to read flash0/1/2/3 (I never knew they exist anyway :P ). So please.. act like a grown up person :)

And yeh, there's no readme because someone else hosted it (and maybe modified the archive).

dofkex
January 14th, 2007, 12:40
Yeah that would be great. What would be better? To have a pc program to access flash0 via USB which could fix alot of bricked psp's. I know someone now who is stuck. He bricked his psp & when he uses recovery menu and tries to recover to 1.5 it freezes. All the other options work but always freezes when running the recovery eboot

my psp also freezes when i try to run 1.5 eboot through recovery....

if only it was possible to write on flash0... would make recovery an easy process

kieso
January 14th, 2007, 14:25

if only it was possible to write on flash0... would make recovery an easy process

Hang in there maybe someone will improve on this and make that possible. The guy I know with the same problem had went back to 1.5 then went straight to 3.03oe instead of doing it in steps.

FrostyTheSnowman
January 14th, 2007, 20:50

Um, why don't you just re-run the '3.03 OE-A Installer' through the recovery menu?

Meaning, you can just simply place the 'eboot.pbp', '303.pbp', and '150.pbp' into the recovery folder, and then execute it through the recovery menu.

I'm willing to bet that it would work 100%.

Try it and tell me how it works out. I would try it myself, but my PSP isn't bricked. :)

DeathStar
January 30th, 2007, 02:54
You probably have to make something for the PSP side to throw it into read/write mode for accessing its system anyways.
I would like to see this happen though it would kick ass :)

mavsman4457
January 30th, 2007, 04:08
I was thinkin about doing that wit ma bricked psp... but instead, i wuz gonna connect it to ma comp usin the u.p modchip installation for da psp. This way, you wudnt need tha modchip to unbrick ur psp... of course i wud use an extra usb port juss to access the flash qwickly n not the built in usb port since dat is obsolete wen psp's r bricked. Im gonna find out wut each pin does n try dis idea.... mayb ittl work... i got nothin to lose nyway hahahahaah...

actually... ima search for a bricked psp in ma area n buy it... n try it on dat... not tryna mess up ma 1st thing i eva bought usin ma own hard, made cash :D :cool:

thru brief research on da web, i found out that deyre parts of da flash that is supposed to neva be touched.... not even by sce updates from sony.... can sum1 tell me if dey c unusual files lik dat wheyn they use dis app???

Please try to use proper english. It gives me a headache to have to read deyre, neva, da, dat, wheyn, dis, sum1, and ima. I don't mean to be a snob but I just think it is easier to read normal english. Also, I couldn't really focus on what you were saying :)

SpooForBrains
January 30th, 2007, 09:42
I'm still slightly unclear on what this does, but if it allows you to mount your UMD as a mass storage device on your PC, I can think of another use for it - playing UMDs on your television.

Assuming there's a media player that can play the UMD video format, you could have your PC hooked up to the TV, and use it to play a UMD with your PSP connected.

Also, the recovery menu in the latest custom firmware already allows you to mount flash0 and flash1 writeable.