PDA

View Full Version : The TEN Worst games of PSP

wraggster
January 13th, 2007, 16:29
Via pocketgamer (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/feature.asp?c=2132) comes their list of the top 10 worst games of the PSP

1) Street Riders
2) TalkMan
3) The Sims 2 Pets
4) Gangs of London
5) Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
6) Taito Legends Power Up
7) Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects
8) Astonishia Story
9) Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
10) KAZooK

Do you agree or disagree with this list ?

dejkirkby
January 13th, 2007, 16:30
No way GoL should be in there. A travesty. I tells ya.

imagecko
January 13th, 2007, 16:45
lol talkman isnt even a game.

or is it i dont have it

kalhalla
January 13th, 2007, 16:46
Medal of Honor: Heroes needs to be up there somewhere. Also Battlezone (HUGE dissapointment I loved the old Battlezones) and Rockman Dash 2.

sony.1991
January 13th, 2007, 16:59
Medal of Honor: Heroes needs to be up there somewhere.

Apart from the fact that you can't drive any vehicles I think MOH is pretty good, there needs to be some mod for it like CS.

Cap'n 1time
January 13th, 2007, 17:02
Medal of Honor: Heroes needs to be up there somewhere. Also Battlezone (HUGE dissapointment I loved the old Battlezones) and Rockman Dash 2.

Agreed about battlezone. quite a disappointment.

Have you played Rockman Dash 2 already? If so whats wrong with it? :confused:

Vega
January 13th, 2007, 17:07
medal of honor heroes is a great online game for psp. thats its only saving grace IMO.

And bubble bobble evolution or suduko should be up there in the top 10.

splodger15
January 13th, 2007, 17:10
I am glad Gangs of London is there. I hate that game

Tetris999
January 13th, 2007, 17:24
I am glad Gangs of London is there. I hate that game

I couldnt agree more ;)

wind_mill
January 13th, 2007, 17:37
I actually enjoyed Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie for a while. One of my first psp games. The replayability is null though....got it exchanged in a week.

sakamoto
January 13th, 2007, 17:58
maybe we can start with another list:

the top TEN overhyped but never released PSP games ;-)

on number 1: Gran Turismo Mobile (http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/12/gran_turismo_4_.html)

it was the example to show the power and future of the PSP back in 2004 on E3

now 3 years later $ony has not delivered yet ;-)

joshisposer
January 13th, 2007, 18:03
Dave mirra should be on top, definitely. that game doesn't even have anything remotely good.

also, i liked street riders. unless, i'm thinking of street supremacy. I know i like one of them though.

gelon
January 13th, 2007, 18:12
Dave mirra is the worst by far (IGN said that is the worst PSP game too)

Sims 2 pets is not too bad ... its only a sims ...

digihoe
January 13th, 2007, 18:19
Well, I don't agree with TalkMan, what version are they even bashing EU or JP???

I think TalkMan is a great learning game, maybe they just suck at other languages, then it's no fun...

hatebreeder
January 13th, 2007, 18:21
where is tokobot? that game was god-awful

Larry
January 13th, 2007, 18:30
ya the sims 2 pets wasnt that bad. its alot more like a pc version of sims than any other console sims game.

you cant fully customise your whole house, wall for wall. but you can at least change your house layout.

though the game is kinda buggy i cant play it with cwcheat enabled. not sure why though.

yoshinatsu
January 13th, 2007, 18:38
The Sims 2 should have been there, not The Sims 2 Pets.:(

Frostyboy1
January 13th, 2007, 18:41
Talk man isn't a game is it? More an application i thought.

Cloud_35
January 13th, 2007, 18:49
Bounty Hounds should be there too. And Pirates of the Caribbean. And Spectral Souls. And Rengoku (1 & 2, both sucked). AND MGS AC!D (only the first, of course).

Shilo
January 13th, 2007, 18:53
King Kong isn't that bad, in fact I kinda like it.

PSmonkey
January 13th, 2007, 18:55
crap list. Dave Mira should be first. Talkman is not a game and does not belong. It's like rating one of the Ds' cook book software as the worlds worse ds game. It's not a freaking game!!!!

delirumhappy
January 13th, 2007, 18:57
Every PSP game should be on that list...

Ramza042
January 13th, 2007, 18:58
Personally, only game up there that I've played is Astonishia Story, and I rather like it. Of course, the battles are similar to Shining Force, and that is one of my favorite games ever, so I may be a little biased.

2 games that I think should have topped the list.. Spongebob and Avatar. Both of them are absolutely horrible.

psp411
January 13th, 2007, 19:08
BMX challenge shud be @ da top
also the con shud b der....Sooo horrible

SpacemanSpiff
January 13th, 2007, 19:12
Why is Taito Legends on the list? It has quite a few really good games on it.

gelon
January 13th, 2007, 19:43

Why? :confused:

240-185
January 13th, 2007, 20:02
GTA does not suck.

BTW, I don't like KillZone Liberation. (Oh, what are these zooming axes? *SFASH*)

Veskgar
January 13th, 2007, 20:03

Not true at all!

But games I thought sucked bad were:

Street Supremacy
Micro Machines
LOTR: Tactics

When trying to think about all of the WORST games for the PSP, you realize that there are actually a lot of really good or pretty good games.

Just, where the hell are the RPG's? The PSP desperately needs more RPG's.

drew4237
January 13th, 2007, 20:15
this is really off topic, and really odd but im gonna ask anyways but ill explain first

My best friend and his girlfriend told me that we wernt gonna exchange gifts but then they both got me something and it was completly unexpected so now i am going to get them somehting. I know what to get him but his girlfriend is gonna be impossible to get somthing for. i realize that chritmas is way past but that is why it was so unexpected, and they are having there christmas today, cause he was out of town the whole christmas week.

So my question is what should i get his girlfriend? but i dont want to spend a that much money either, maybe 20 bucks

carlitx
January 13th, 2007, 20:18
if these are the 10 worst that wat is the 10 best?

Larry
January 13th, 2007, 20:22
Just, where the hell are the RPG's? The PSP desperately needs more RPG's.

The psp doesnt really need more rpgs number wise.
they just need a couple good long ones. really long ones, 100hour + games. with good stories, visuals, and gameplay.

I'd rather have 1 good one, than 10 weekenders.

gdf
January 13th, 2007, 20:44
FIFA 07 lol!

foxzoner
January 13th, 2007, 20:49
HEY!!! bounty hounds is an exelent game!! dont say that it sould be in the list:(

Veskgar
January 13th, 2007, 20:59
this is really off topic, and really odd but im gonna ask anyways but ill explain first

My best friend and his girlfriend told me that we wernt gonna exchange gifts but then they both got me something and it was completly unexpected so now i am going to get them somehting. I know what to get him but his girlfriend is gonna be impossible to get somthing for. i realize that chritmas is way past but that is why it was so unexpected, and they are having there christmas today, cause he was out of town the whole christmas week.

So my question is what should i get his girlfriend? but i dont want to spend a that much money either, maybe 20 bucks

??? !!! ??? !!!

chrisrulz555
January 13th, 2007, 21:14
The psp doesnt really need more rpgs number wise.
they just need a couple good long ones. really long ones, 100hour + games. with good stories, visuals, and gameplay.

I'd rather have 1 good one, than 10 weekenders.

You forget that we have all the GBA,GB,SNES,NES etc... rpgs available for us to play now?

carlitx
January 13th, 2007, 21:19
ya we do, but one rpg that i realy hated for the psp was the untold legends series, i know i know some people like it but come on it's the same as, Champions of narroth, the dark alliance series and any other D+D related game just to repetative, go here and do this thaan go here for 50 kills. wtf? there is a story but it's so damn basic: monsters attack ppl after 100's of years of solotuide b/c of a stronger entity just to crapy

Shadowblind
January 13th, 2007, 21:46
There shold be a spot for coded arms.

sakamoto
January 13th, 2007, 22:57
amen ... besides one game, lumines, no games have hold my intrest for more than 1 hour. i only use my psp for emulation and homebrew purposes.

SSaxdude
January 13th, 2007, 23:05
Super Monkey Ball was kinda crappy. Gangs of London way overhyped.

Enginar
January 13th, 2007, 23:33
i like playing Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects, ok its definetly not one of the best 10 games but it aint one of the worst either.

the worst game i played on psp was some game called WTF.

Cloud_35
January 13th, 2007, 23:42
amen ... besides one game, lumines, no games have hold my intrest for more than 1 hour. i only use my psp for emulation and homebrew purposes.

You guys haven't played MGS Portable Ops, do you??? Neither Valkyrie Profile or GTA:Vice City Stories or Syphon Filter, I presume.

Larry
January 13th, 2007, 23:43
You forget that we have all the GBA,GB,SNES,NES etc... rpgs available for us to play now?

Naw i didnt forget. I was just talking about ones designed for the psp.

yoshinatsu
January 13th, 2007, 23:44
HEY!!! bounty hounds is an exelent game!! dont say that it sould be in the list:(

Indeed, Bounty Hounds it's a great game.
It's not the game's fault if you didn't pay attention to it.

Loco Roco, Me & My Katamari, Every Extend Extra and Lumines should have been in that list in my opinion.

stimo
January 14th, 2007, 00:31
hahaha Street Riders sucks

goity
January 14th, 2007, 01:01
Don't know about the others but Ashonisha Story and Marvel Nemisis definitely deserve to be on there.

psp411
January 14th, 2007, 01:34

get ehr a gift card.... thats wut i usually do for ma ladies :D :cool: but even still... a gift card is gud.... jus be sure to put 30 buks on it.... to not seem too cheap ;)
:D :cool:

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 03:42
get her a vibr....nvm haha i have a dirty mind

Jozz2006
January 14th, 2007, 06:40
Bounty Hounds the crapist game i,ve ever played.

doverkiller
January 14th, 2007, 08:42
Talkman is not a game, and it's perfect to learn some common sentences in some language.. :D

Ichijoe
January 14th, 2007, 17:07
Where the Hell is Ridge Racer2 --- RIDGE RACER2!
And, it's Giant Enemy Crabs?!

That game was not only bad...

... It was a blatant RIP OFF!!!

Cloud_35
January 15th, 2007, 21:28
Cut the giant enemy crab thing off, willya!!!??????

Anyway, both RR sucked.

Man, I ALWAYS pay attention to my games.

BOUNTY HOUNDS SUCKS!!!!!!!

It's freakin' repetitive, not to mention the boring storyline!!

JKKDARK
January 15th, 2007, 21:41
loco roco must be in the list

gdf
January 15th, 2007, 21:55
loco roco must be in the list

the good list or the bad list. if you mean the bad list then shame on you! you have no soul. if the good list then you rock.

Ichijoe
January 16th, 2007, 13:28
the good list or the bad list. if you mean the bad list then shame on you! you have no soul. if the good list then you rock.

Sadly Loco Roco was probably One of the best, if not the best Game on the PSP™ Gameing System.

If only for it shear originality!!!

gdf
January 16th, 2007, 13:34
and brilliance in simplicity. its a joy to play.

Baboon
January 16th, 2007, 13:37
Stars Wars Battle front 2 on the PSP sucks. The redraw distance is rubbish, the controls are awful, its takes forever to load... blah blah blah. :(

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2007, 15:27

I don't like this game