PDA

View Full Version : Another PS1 racer comes to PSP

wraggster
January 14th, 2007, 00:08
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/13/another-ps1-racer-available-to-psp-and-ps3-owners/)

Rally Cross was just added to the Playstation Store and you can download it to your PSP through your PS3. Don't have a PS3? Well like a Sony exec, I'll tell you to go find a friend who has one and use them for it.

Rally Cross goes for the usual price of $5.99, Sony operators are standing by!

mikebeaver
January 14th, 2007, 00:28
This is great news, lol.
Sony add 1 game to the list of downloadable content, its ridiculas, are they unaware of 3.03 OE? do they not care? surely Sony should see it as a last ditch attempt to save thier online download service by releasing some good games, and lots of them....they certainly have the back catalouge, now lets see the products.

steve-b
January 14th, 2007, 00:52
Trickling the games out a little at a time is a good strategy for sony. If they released a whole bunch of games at once, people would buy 1 or 2 at the most out of each bunch they released. If they trickle them out though, people are more inclined to buy them all as they come out.

emuking
January 14th, 2007, 00:55
lol no one is going to buy them though :D

Veskgar
January 14th, 2007, 01:14
Trickling the games out a little at a time is a good strategy for sony. If they released a whole bunch of games at once, people would buy 1 or 2 at the most out of each bunch they released. If they trickle them out though, people are more inclined to buy them all as they come out.

That is a good point and is exactly their strategy. This also buys them time to tweak their pops emulator for future firmware updates.

I think SONY will do alright with this. Because the games include nice .DAT manuals, for $5.99 its a pretty good value.

I don't think they will be the next "iTunes" with this, but considering its all delivered via digital distribution, its 100% profit for them.

Me, I'm content with digging out my old PS1 games, tracking down friends & family with old PS1 games, and buying PS1 games on eBay to convert and customize myself.

I just can't believe SONY has not released any PS1 RPG's yet. I could care less about playing Cool Boarders or Hot Shots Golf 2 when I have SSX & HSG: Open Tee for PSP, but give me Arc the Lad or some other obscure long lost RPG and I'd be more tempted to bite.

Owell, again THANK YOU Dark_AleX!

pibs
January 14th, 2007, 01:22
only game id buy would be ff7 if all 3 discs where in one compressed eboot :) other than that no thanks sony im happy playing legacy of kain soul reaver :)

DarthPaul
January 14th, 2007, 01:55
Lol.

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 03:39
now i present the award for biggest dumbass of the year to(drum roll) SONY!!!!!!! come on everytime they do that i chect the torrent pages for the new games and they are there so ppl are still pirating the games for ppl with the offical 3.03 and who don't have the stupid ps3, the only reason i would even get a ps3(and it's not for the psp conectivity) but for the remake of the origonal ff7 with awsom graphics, i saw a trailer from youtube of it with the gamespot logo!

cloud_952
January 14th, 2007, 04:20
Wow.. biggest dumbass of the year, and it's only January 13th? o_O That's.. not terribly long.

Seriously, though, I don't know what's wrong with Sony. Do they not want my money? I would've been more than happy to buy their PSX games released through the Sony store. However, because they only release ****, I'll just use my own FF7 copy instead and play it on my PSP anyway. They make so much less money.

doverkiller
January 14th, 2007, 08:40
wehhe.. I've got all the best PS1 games.. I'm just to lazy to convert them.. :D

if we could manage to use a namco light-gun via the remote-controls serial port, that would be awesome..
especially on public transport.. :rofl:

LAMPRO
January 14th, 2007, 08:46
we need a list of the top ps1 games for psp.

heeroyun
January 14th, 2007, 08:57
I just dont want to spend my money for stuffs that i can make them with my own PC =))

Veskgar
January 14th, 2007, 09:39
we need a list of the top ps1 games for psp.

http://psx.ign.com/articles/080/080401p1.html

Ahhh the beloved PSX! So many memories, so many great games. But I've barely scratched the surface in enjoying a lot of the great games for the PSX. Now thanks to the PSP, Dark_AleX, and 3.03 OE-B I can now relive some classics and experience a lot of games for the first time.

A lot of PSX games actually look much crisper on the PSP's high-tech screen than they did on TV. So the PSP will now and probably forever be my preferred method of playing PSX games.

Stew2000
January 14th, 2007, 09:57
I want more wipeout :D

felonyr301
January 14th, 2007, 10:19
thanks for the link veskgar.

SSaxdude
January 14th, 2007, 14:02
I was at Gamestop yesterday buying a used PSP for somebody (had 2.71>1.5> 3.03 OE-B thanks to me) and the guy said he had a PS3 in stock. I asked him why I should buy a PS3, he said "because you can download PSX games for your PSP then." I was telling him how I can play ANY PSX game for free on my PSP, and he didn't say anything.

I'm going to assume PS3 owners can share Rally Cross with us who don't have a PS3.

qskint
January 14th, 2007, 14:27
dont you guys realise that the percentage of psp users who are familiar with custom firmwares and how to do it is very small?

also like someone pointed out this is 100% profit for sony. so they can just trickle them out and even if only 10,000 people buy them its still like $60k a title

paco1984
January 14th, 2007, 16:47
hey i understand the converting of games to play on psp but do you get the multiplayer ad-hoc on them? or do you just not have any friends? couse i love the original rally cross game. and im getting it for the psp becouse of no splitscreen fun gaming. i have friends with psp's and it makes a difference if its multiplayer or not. but i do get your point i do play snes on mine and snes feels better on a handheld too.

Veskgar
January 14th, 2007, 19:52
hey i understand the converting of games to play on psp but do you get the multiplayer ad-hoc on them? or do you just not have any friends?

No, unfortunately the pops (PSX EMU) built into SONY's firmware does not currently allow WiFi Ad-hoc multiplayer. This applies to both SONY released downloads and games you convert yourself.

I am not certain but I think SONY will eventually try and implement ad-hoc into their PSX EMU.

thanks for the link veskgar.
No problem at all :-)

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 20:43
thnx for the top games list

SteveV2
January 14th, 2007, 22:28
dont you guys realise that the percentage of psp users who are familiar with custom firmwares and how to do it is very small?

also like someone pointed out this is 100% profit for sony. so they can just trickle them out and even if only 10,000 people buy them its still like $60k a title

Correct. There can't be more than 10,000 OE-B PSPs about. How many million have they sold.

Let's face it, if they only sell 1 million games that's only $6mil. I'm willing to bet they'll sell that many within the next few years.

I just want to see THPS2 in the store, along with a finer tuned hidden emu ;)

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 04:16
There can't be more than 10,000 OE-B PSPs about.

WHAT! :mad:

Well I'm going to personally see to it that there is more awareness about the magic of having a homebrew enabled 3.03 OE-B PSP.

People WILL convert to the dark side..... Mwuah ha ha ha ha.......

compoman386
January 15th, 2007, 12:54

Yah, but the same people who don't have a clue about custom firmwares are the same people who won't have a clue about the official method of playing PSX games on PSP either, no matter how straightforward Sony might make it.

I work as an IT technician, you would be shocked at the number of people who come and ask me stupidly simple stuff like "how do I get my music onto an iPod?" (seriously). These kinds of un-savvy users will be just as put off by the "proper" method as they would be by talk of downgrades, iso's etc. etc.

SteveV2
January 15th, 2007, 18:10
WHAT! :mad:

Well I'm going to personally see to it that there is more awareness about the magic of having a homebrew enabled 3.03 OE-B PSP.

People WILL convert to the dark side..... Mwuah ha ha ha ha.......

Lol, i'm right there with you :D