PDA

View Full Version : PS2 A Worthwhile Purchase?

Zion
January 14th, 2007, 03:10
With all of hype & anticipation over now regarding the next generation consoles, where does the PS2 fit in?

With the Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox 360 & Sony PS3 all released now, does the PS2 still warrant a purchase?

With the price for a new one being sold at 150 Euro's and having a huge games catalog available, would some gamers go for a PS2 before a next gen system?

For an extra 100 Euro's a gamer could go out and get a Nintendo Wii + Wii Sports and have a next generation system.

But with popular games like Buzz, Singstar & Guitar Hero, the PS2 still has some family appeal, and also appeals to older and younger gamers alike, especially with games like Bully to entertain.

Previous generation console owners, would you buy a PS2 over a next gen console?

Elven6
January 14th, 2007, 03:33
No I would not, I bet they had this debate with Xbox/360.

JKKDARK
January 14th, 2007, 04:28
I think all the gamers got a PS2 already. If there were not people interested on the PS2 before, there will not be people interested on the PS2 now.

punkypine
January 14th, 2007, 06:52
ps2 is still outselling every other console except ds lite.

juggaleaux
January 14th, 2007, 10:14
Previous generation console owners, would you buy a PS2 over a next gen console?

Are you kidding? I'm still playing SNES! :D

gdf
January 14th, 2007, 11:58
I think all the gamers got a PS2 already. If there were not people interested on the PS2 before, there will not be people interested on the PS2 now.

Wrong! Take a look at the japan charts in the network news forum for 1-7th january...

Anonymous D
January 14th, 2007, 12:37
Ive got one anyway, but if i didnt have one Id probably get one cause there's no way im buying a ps3 any time soon, and id get to play Resi 4 timesplitters Farrenhiet etc on it.

SSaxdude
January 14th, 2007, 14:14
I already own a PS2, but if I didn't own one I would buy it when it got cheaper (like $50 or so) because I don't use it very often.

Are you kidding? I'm still playing SNES! :D
nice :thumbup:

JKKDARK
January 14th, 2007, 18:25
Wrong! Take a look at the japan charts in the network news forum for 1-7th january...

Of course, fans. I'm a Sega fan and I still get more consoles.

Dickhead
January 14th, 2007, 19:12
I used to have a ps2 ever since its launch date in the uk, I sold it to someone eles along with loads of games. I can not keep everything that I buy in life as wont have the room to store them. Anyway I sold mine for money for next-gen etc... Maybe thats where emulators come in so that you can bring back your old games........

Accordion
January 14th, 2007, 20:51
reasons to own a PS2

metal gear solid 2/substance/3/subsistence
timesplitters 2
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy 10/10-2/12!!!
Okami
Resident Evil 4
REZ (not like your going to find a cheap copy of the dreamcast original)
Socom
Soul Caliber
Jak 1/2
theres plenty more

JKKDARK
January 14th, 2007, 21:16
phantasy star universe
outrun 2006
yakuza
yakuza 2

xcjzerox
January 14th, 2007, 22:10
kingdom hearts
kingdom hearts 2
kingdom hearts 2 final mix
re chain of memories
final fantasy 12
final fantasy 10
gran turismo
yu-gi-og duilist of the roses

ff7 dirger of cerburos

shdwghst457
January 16th, 2007, 08:29
assuming i didnt already have my 4th ps2 (a slim one now, i had gotten bored with ps2s and then when guitar hero came out i spent $230 to play it: system and game) yes, a ps2 now is a much better purchase than it was when it came out, even if it was still 300, because the games coming out for it now are much better (final fantasy XII, MGS3, TH: Project 8) because time always proves that as a system gets older it gets easier to write better functioning games for it.

cartmandude14
January 17th, 2007, 20:36
I'm thinkin of buyin one to mod... i hear its easy to get unsigned code such as emus and homebrew running one it with swap magic. You can get em dirt cheap.... buy one with a disc read error off of ebay and fix it up... it's really easy to do