View Full Version : Fighting a court appearence in absentia

quzar
January 14th, 2007, 09:49
Have any of you ever had to defend yourself in court without being there? I've got a traffic ticket that should be no problem at all (cop even said it wasn't my fault but HAD to give me the ticket, it involved an accident, made perfect sense) but I can't physically be there. When I asked the judge they said I could do one of three things: hire a lawyer, get someone else to show up for me, or send in a written affidavit of defense.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with the third thing, but have no idea how I'd go about doing that. Anyone have any clues?

ACID
January 14th, 2007, 10:08
Have any of you ever had to defend yourself in court without being there? I've got a traffic ticket that should be no problem at all (cop even said it wasn't my fault but HAD to give me the ticket, it involved an accident, made perfect sense) but I can't physically be there. When I asked the judge they said I could do one of three things: hire a lawyer, get someone else to show up for me, or send in a written affidavit of defense.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to go with the third thing, but have no idea how I'd go about doing that. Anyone have any clues?

Its simple man right a letter describing what happend and your actuall defends in the matter best if tipe. do not sign it or date it. go to your local notari and he will notarise the letter and ask you to date and sign in front of him thats all you need my friend.

gdf
January 14th, 2007, 11:35
bad boy! here's my advice, don't get caught! (joke! i know it aint your fault)