PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 due for late '07 to handle IPTV?

wraggster
January 14th, 2007, 09:53
via engadget (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=43)

According to a pre-CES briefing that Windows expert Paul Thurrott received from his Microsoft pals, the big M will be coming out with a new version of the Xbox 360 (Zephyer?) at the end of 2007, which will feature a larger HDD and some new hardware to enable that IPTV functionality Robbie Bach was talking about during the Microsoft CES keynote. It also stands to reason that such a Xbox 360 might be sporting a fancy new HDMI port and perhaps run just a wee bit cooler -- meaning HDCP and less fan noise, natural fits for home theater use. It still seems a bit unreasonable for Microsoft, which has been bragging about its 10 million strong installed base, to leave those early adopters out in the cold, but if that's the way it goes down we can't say we won't welcome the excuse to ditch the fan and disc drive hullabaloo of our current gen box.

Xiofire
January 14th, 2007, 17:02
IPTV better be able to run on my existing 360. I aint forking out another £300 on a new 360.
Way to piss off your existing 10 million customers Microsoft. Well Done. Have a medal.
-Xiofire

BrooksyX
January 14th, 2007, 21:53
Yeah Microsoft better make it so existing xbox 360s can watch iptv with like a free or $20 hardware adapter. I am not going to spend more than that. If microsoft leaves us out in the cold Me and 10 million others are going to be pretty pissed.

Elven6
January 14th, 2007, 22:01
Yea if Microsoft does something like release a revised console with something added on wheater its HDMI or w/e I probably won't have plans on buying the 3rd xbox console. Unless their is something they do to fix it.