PDA

View Full Version : Rumorang: Crysis game for Xbox 360, not PC port

wraggster
January 14th, 2007, 10:04
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/13/rumorang-crysis-game-for-xbox-360-not-pc-port/)

Xboxic reports that an unnamed developer, speaking to 1UP, has revealed details about a Crysis game headed to Xbox 360. Allegedly, the console version will not be a direct port of the PC title that's currently in development. Like Far Cry before it, Crysis will be stripped down for its console debut.

The Xbox 360 version will supposedly incorporate similar story elements to its PC brethren, but will feature different gameplay aspects (physics, environments, etc.) that better utilize 360's DirectX 9 technology (the PC version is being built using DirectX 10). Expect full details if and when Crytek finally (and officially) announces this much-anticipated console installment of its high-profile franchise.

BrooksyX
January 14th, 2007, 16:49
This is great news, I got really excited when I saw some pc screens a few months back. Since my pc can barely handle Doom 3 and Half life 2 there is no way I can play it until I upgrade. So that would be great if I could play it on my 360.