PDA

View Full Version : PSP: PSXPSP Manuals Online

Azumandias
January 14th, 2007, 14:35
I have created a site for downloading PSXPSP manuals and will be adding one-two manuals a day for the next several weeks. Hopefully it will soon have all the popular manuals. The site is www.psxpspmanuals.com

If you have any manuals you'd like to see on the site, please post in the forum there or reply here. So far I have:
Chrono Cross
Dragon Warrior VII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Resident Evil Director's Cut (per request)
Vagrant Story

If this makes it to the front page news, please put a link to the website, but not to the files themselves. The files may change and I will be adding new manuals regularly.

Thanks and happy gaming.

jonezybaby
January 14th, 2007, 14:54
nice, ill have a look at this!

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
January 14th, 2007, 16:52
thx, might take a look.

oregono
January 14th, 2007, 18:01
Nice work I was hoping someone would do this!

fucht017
January 14th, 2007, 18:46
This is very nice Azumandias...Make's it more complete....Thanks very much for this...Can you do Soul Reaver and Brian Lara...Thanks in advance:thumbup:

NJisMYhome
January 14th, 2007, 18:55
what is a psx psp manual????? what does it help u with??? and how the **** do i open the
.dat file...... all i see when i open the file with notepad is a bunch of weird text..

fucht017
January 14th, 2007, 19:03
If you press home button while you play a psx game..you got a few options "Software Manual" is 1 of them...A manual learns you how to play the game. put them in youre game directory..Lets say my game folder is Vagrant Story..put them there...Unzipp them first...You dont have to open the .DAT file.

Veskgar
January 14th, 2007, 19:35
I have created a site for downloading PSXPSP manuals

Very cool. I must commend you on your efforts and contributions.

gr42178
January 14th, 2007, 19:53
I tried to do this with a strategy guide but it was too small to read :( . Nice work though.

Veskgar
January 14th, 2007, 21:22
I noticed on your site you commented about a users manuals by stating the following:

Thanks for posting your manuals and for including the Sony disc ID with them. I will be updating mine to include that soon.

What exactly is the significance of the Disc ID in relation to the .DAT manuals? I thought it was said that the .DAT manuals have to be converted with the same DISC ID as the PS1 game you are doing the manual for.

Or to better convey what I'm talking about, do you need to make sure the DISC ID (SLUSXXXXX) that you input into a GUI for converting PS1 games is the same as what was used in creation of these manuals?

Or does it not matter?

Like, could I put in the DOCUMENT.DAT file for say, Final Fantasy Tactics into the game folder for Chrono Trigger and still have the manual show correctly? Or is it game specific.

DPyro
January 14th, 2007, 21:40
You can create your own with this (http://www.replacementdocs.com/) site

dj2005
January 14th, 2007, 22:13
Thank you.

carlitx
January 14th, 2007, 22:14
sweet

Cloud_35
January 15th, 2007, 00:20
I downloaded recently a document for FFVII, and it was a plain text walkthrough from GameFaqs (the gaming pussies!!!). For me it's far more useful than the manual :D. BTW i was wondering if anyone knew how to do that with other games.

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 04:01
Two new manuals added:

Azure Dreams (per request)
Valkyrie Profile (per request)

Amazing man. So many releases in just 1 day.

Thank you!

The Ant
January 18th, 2007, 22:29
Im a real n00b wen it comes to psp but i would realy like to play FF7 on my psp. so if anyone could post a walkthrough for the whole thing i would be very grateful. i have a v2.7 rite now is it still possible?

mavsman4457
January 19th, 2007, 01:52
I think people would be more interested in seeing walkthroughs being posted then guides. Nevertheless, great work. I certainly couldn't do all those guides.