PDA

View Full Version : NDS: SNEmulDS v0.3 released with DLDI support

DanTheManMS
January 14th, 2007, 22:30
New release from Archeide (http://snemul.free.fr/ds/):

I just finished building SNEmulDS v0.3 with DLDI support.
This system made by chishm should make SNEmulDS compatible with much more devices

More informations here : http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/index.html

You can patch SNEmulDS.nds to support others devices as long as those device have been made compatible with the DLDI system.
So you should visit this site regularly for update, if your device is not supported by SNEmulDS yet!

Please try it with your device and tell me if you have any problems...

Archeide had previously released preview beta versions of v0.3. However, changes for this official version include some minor bugfixes and of course DLDI support.

Update 1-15-06: new test release (SNEmulDS_Test.zip ) available for users who cannot get the current version to work. Patch the downloaded file with the appropriate DLDI patch file, and then place your SNES games in the root directory, not the "SNES" directory. This has reportedly been successful for usage on the EZ Flash V.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
January 14th, 2007, 23:12
thanks for the news :)

jackal27
January 14th, 2007, 23:35
How about we fix the graphic problems?

Silas
January 15th, 2007, 00:35
Archeide, You canīt imagine the great diference which an emulator coder do in a simple mortal life...Thank you!
I espect built an emulator some day!

DanTheManMS
January 16th, 2007, 01:13
New alternative solution: if the binary does not work on your card, try using this binary and patching it with the correct DLDI file: http://snemul.free.fr/ds/SNEmulDS_Test.nds

Note that in this version, your SNES games must be in the root directory itself, not in the "snes" directory. This has reportedly let an EZ Flash V user play games, although he has not tested savestates (yet).

basilb
January 16th, 2007, 01:57
snes game compatibility on ds is still so low and slow. psp has the edge in this department :/

DanTheManMS
January 16th, 2007, 02:46
Have you tried SnezziDS as well before making this judgement? Yes, the PSP will always have higher compatibility because it's more powerful and emulators can simply be ported over. However, through the combined use of SNES DS, SnezziDS, and SNEmulDS, a good share of the SNES library is compatible.

CrossZX
January 20th, 2007, 23:09
Thanks for the update. Mario runs nearly perfect now. I really have to try out more games. Keep up the good work.

pokemon1992
January 23rd, 2007, 11:09
danthemans right if you think about it the psp is pretty much a portable ps2 and look how long the ps2 has been around for.

souLLy
January 23rd, 2007, 11:36
Don't troll in this thread, I will happily hand out warnings. If you are a PSP fanboy and aren't interested in this emulator, then don't post here.

Alein_Atryda_III
January 27th, 2007, 21:33
Wow, last time I tried SNES emulation on DS it stopped on seeing logo of Taito in Lufia. Now it's fully playable. Maybe glitchy and has random freezes, but still enough to get me amazed + it has DLDI stuff now, so it's really nice to use :)

On sidenote, it would be nice if emulation stopped on lid close.

Well, I might finally manage to finish lufia now after all those years if I will be able to play it on bus! :P

Sigma83
February 2nd, 2007, 07:57
Thanks for making it DLDI compatible. Seems like a really good start to an emulator. I've only gotten a few games to work on it, but perhaps supercard ds one is less compatible than other slot solutions.

GleamingSands
February 2nd, 2007, 17:16
I can't wait to play me some Chrono Trigger on my NDS... My only problem at this point with getting it to run properly is everytime I turn it on, I always end up with the same old problems. Glitchy music, bad sprite overlaps, and horrible sound effects.
Course, what makes all of this better is FFXI, which rocks.

DanTheManMS
February 3rd, 2007, 00:49
Chrono Trigger won't run correctly in SNEmulDS. The way SNEmulDS loads the games, they have to fit completely within the DS's 4 MB of RAM. Chrono Trigger takes up all 4 MB by itself, so there would be no room for the emulator.

I notice you also posted in the SnezziDS board. Try that instead, as Chrono Trigger is known to work (though with some garbled sound) in SnezziDS v0.28a, downloadable from http://snezzi.pocketheaven.com

when using SnezziDS, be sure to press L+R+Select+Up a few times until you find a background combination that works well.

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 10:56
I don't understand where to put the ROMS for this. I have the max media dock and i put the snes emulator in my games folder along with its patch, and put the games in a folder outside of that one, im not sure if that's correct though. any help?

crookedmouth
February 24th, 2007, 15:14
In the root of the MMD , make a folder called SNES. Place all your roms there. Place the dldi patched emulator anywhere. Run SNEmulDS. SNEmulDS compatibility seems a little dodgy but hey some cool games work.

DanTheManMS
February 24th, 2007, 18:04
Also note that this is an older version of the emulator. Archeide recently released v0.4 alpha, and although some games no longer boot, speed and compatibility is generally increased for all games. The upcoming beta is supposed to fix the games that no longer boot in v0.4 alpha. This is because he switched to a new CPU core for v0.4, and he forgot to implement a major opcode, which causes some games to not boot at all.

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 18:16
awsome ill give it a shot, do you know a good site to get roms? i have a few from years ago but im not even sure where to get more of them.

tnx

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 18:22
how do you even put the patch on the emulator? Im sorry im tottaly new at this stuff.

DanTheManMS
February 24th, 2007, 18:57
I cannot answer your first question. Use Google.

To patch it, go to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI to download the patch file, the patcher program, and the GUI if you don't know how to use the command shell.

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 22:04
thanks. I think i got the Emulator to work. I can bring up a black screen with options and a rom selector, but i cant get my roms now. I tried putting them everywhere. I put them in a SNES folder where the 'audio' 'video' and 'games' folder is and couldnt get anywhere as well as just in the games folder. what am i doing wrong? my roms also are .smc if that means anything at all.

thanks.

gr81iswongit
thanks. I think i got the Emulator to work. I can bring up a black screen with options and a rom selector, but i cant get my roms now. I tried putting them everywhere. I put them in a SNES folder where the 'audio' 'video' and 'games' folder is and couldnt get anywhere as well as just in the games folder. what am i doing wrong? my roms also are .smc if that means anything at all.

thanks.

gr81iswongit

thanks.

gr81iswongit

thanks.

Sigma83
February 24th, 2007, 22:07
Did you add an extension onto the roms? they should be .smc i believe.

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 22:42
they are .smc. I think i got the emulator to work, i'm able to open it and everything but finding roms seems to be the problem. I have no idea where to put them. I put them in the main directory with the games, movie, and music folders as well as in the games folder and still resulted in nothing,.

Sigma83
February 24th, 2007, 23:07
It should be incredibly simple. SNES directory in the root of your card. Patch the NDS file with the appropriate DLDI. Drop the roms right in the same SNES directory.

gr81iswongit
February 24th, 2007, 23:38
I'm using the Max Media Dock if that means anything. Cuz for some reason it still aint working.

Thanks.

crookedmouth
February 25th, 2007, 00:16
I have a MMD and it works just like any other card/cart. You may want to ask on MaxConsole forum in the datel section. If your doing everything right then you may need to do something like re-format the cf or it may turn out your using a slow compact flash or one of datel's garbage cfs.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/forumdisplay.php?f=206

gr81iswongit
February 25th, 2007, 00:25
thanks for the info. Crooked. is it alright if i give you my email and you send me the game files on your DS?

[email protected]

Thanks.

crookedmouth
February 25th, 2007, 00:53
You want my pre-patched SNEmulDS? Or the patching software?

edit: check your PM's

gr81iswongit
February 25th, 2007, 02:08
the prepatched would be fine, both if possible

thanks a whole lot.

brandon

crookedmouth
February 25th, 2007, 02:27
I uploaded a file for you, check your PMs for a link.
It doesn't include the patching software just the setup I know works. Just extract the rar directly to the root of your CF.
Well my DS battery light is red, that seems quick :/
gotta go charge it.

Maybe using Max Media Player v1.22 might do something too. I'm new to this stuff.