PDA

View Full Version : Clearing the confusion. VHBL, UVLoader and Kexploits

wraggster
September 18th, 2012, 13:51
via http://wololo.net/2012/09/17/clearing-the-confusion-vhbl-uvloader-and-kexploits/

There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to mods lately, there’s a lot going on and it can be quite daunting trying to follow it all, especially if you’re new to the scene. I hope that by writing this we can keep the forum flooding to a minimum. let’s try to understand what these mods are and what they aim to do, if only to get a better perspective.

First we have the flagship mod of our wonderful site, VHBL. being sort of a community Developer project it combines the work of many talented people including: Neur0n, Wololo, m0skit0, JJS etc..
It’s main purpose is to run Homebrew applications on your PS Vita, in the PSP emulator on board the machine.
What it can do: Run certain homebrew applications such as Wagic, Doom, and a whole lot of emulators for various systems.
What it can not do: Run PSP ISO’s, Vita backups, Make you a cup of coffee while it brushes your teeth.

Now let’s move on to UV Loader, Developer/Hacker YifanLu has apparently discovered a way to access User Mode on the PS Vita, Which is great news…..for the future.
He is currently seeking assistance from talented Developers, so if any are reading this head to his thread here

What it will be able to do: Run Homebrew applications in the vita environment, using many more resources than the PSP Emulator on board the vita.
What it will not be able to do: Run backups of Vita games, install CFW or give you a magic bag of pixie dust that makes your mortal enemies cry at the sight of you.
all jokes aside, I would like to point out that it will NOT incorporate piracy. also, there is no release window as of yet so it could be a ways off from getting into our ready hands.

KXPLOITS PSP ISOZ OMG!!!!11!!

Some talented people in the scene have created what are called kernel Exploits, or, Kexploits for short. one example of this is Davee and his exploit that allows him to run Iso backups of PSP games(not Vita).
What it can do: Run PSP ISOs, Load almost any Homebrew written for PSP(in my understanding), and perhaps install CFW for the PSP emulator on the Ps Vita…that’s a mouthful.
Bottom line though, None of these kxploits are being shared by the Devs who have created them, and for a few good reasons. One is that by one releasing this too early, all of them could be patched and that’s it. All their work down the drain. Two, piracy, people would no longer support the company in which we all want to see succeed lately. and three, they may just well not be ready for user based application just yet.
at the end of the day you have to see that these kexploits were shown to prove the concept, not to tease you or for devs to feel like elitists.

Some of this may be speculation on my part but it is from my own understanding of what’s happening in the scene right now.
I hope this gives a clearer line on where one mod begins and another ends and what they aim to do with said mods.