PDA

View Full Version : Downgrader for 2.80, 2.80 with TA-082, and HEN-D for 2.80 released!

Cloudhunter
January 14th, 2007, 23:55
Via noobz (http://www.noobz.eu/)

A lot of people have asked for a downgrader for v2.80 that's both safe and simple to use. Well, the Noobz aim to please - we've merged and ported Dark_AleX's generic downgrader and TA-82 downgrader, to bring you what is probably the best v2.80 downgrader! :)

And as a bonus, we made this possible by porting Dark_AleX's HEN-D release to firmware v2.80, which means that if you don't want to downgrade yet, you now have a good platform for launching kernel-mode homebrew.

Why should you use this downgrader? Well, the major advantages are:

safety - this downgrader has plenty of safety checks in place to try to avoid accidental bricks (but read the warning below)
convenience - because this downgrader works with an official firmware EBOOT.PBP file, and includes the TA-082 idstorage changer and HEN files, you don't need any other files (except for a v1.5 update EBOOT) to perform the downgrade. No more finding a v1.5 owner to get dumpfiles!
latest TA-082/086 support - the bundled TA-082 registry fixer includes the latest fixes to make sure that USBHost support won't be messed up.

So, let's not hang around, how do you use this to downgrade?

Install the HEN files, by following the details in the readme.txt file.
Test that HEN is working fine, by running one of the bundled sample applications - e.g. the cube demo.
If you have a TA-082 or TA-086 PSP, run the "TA082 IdStorage Changer", via HEN, to patch your registry before downgrading.
Get a copy of the v1.5 upgrade EBOOT (e.g. from here) and copy it to the /psp/game/UPDATE/ folder on your memory stick, as UPDATE.PBP.
Start the"PSP Update ver X.YZ" program via HEN, and follow the instructions.
Congratulations, you now have a v1.5 PSP! :D

WARNING - Like any downgrader, there is always a risk of bricking your PSP. We have done our very best to make this as safe as possible, but by using this program, you accept all responsibility for any problem that may occur. ALWAYS READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE.

Full credit is due to Dark_AleX and Mathieulh, who generously provided code and assistance during porting of both HEN and the generic downgrader, and HarleyG, who was instrumental in much of the research that went into that code.

One final word - this shows what is possible when developers ignore artificial boundaries and egos and help each other out. We hope to continue to work closely with Alex and Mathieulh in the future, to keep the homebrew scene moving forward like an unstoppable juggernaut :D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Rutoth
January 15th, 2007, 00:09
Awesome, But be careful with your psp guys. There is always a chance with TA-082 and Regular psp that you will get bricked.

Cloudhunter
January 15th, 2007, 00:11
Like it says in the big red text ;)

Cloudy

Snk_Master
January 15th, 2007, 00:13
Good work to all of you guys....

Vega
January 15th, 2007, 00:14
Great news for people stuck at the minute. Nice! :D

Also good to see Fanjita and Ditlew bringing out more releases (aswell as DAX Helping that is) ;)

Accordion
January 15th, 2007, 00:16
my first nooby moment in a long time:

ive got a friend with a 2.81 psp, possibly ta-82. and i am thinking this wont work...but i never thought there was a huge difference between 2.80 and 2.81..
... is there a chance this will work or not.

xg917
January 15th, 2007, 00:17
good job ;)

Vega
January 15th, 2007, 00:19

ive got a friend with a 2.81 psp, possibly ta-82. and i am thinking this wont work...but i never thought there was a huge difference between 2.80 and 2.81..

I think 2.81 was released with new security. I wouldnt risk it man.

Cloudhunter
January 15th, 2007, 00:20

No, wouldn't work at all... Sorry.

Cloudy

Speediakal
January 15th, 2007, 00:22
goddamnit. everytime i see 2.80 downgrader news, i always think its a 2.81 downgrader >.<

is there any news yet of the progress or something?

Accordion
January 15th, 2007, 00:23
i guess ill await a very sad look when i go to uni tomorrow.

soon i guess...

at least im on 3.03-OE-B...HA

ExcruciationX
January 15th, 2007, 00:26
Awesome! Nice job guys! :thumbup:

-=me=-
January 15th, 2007, 00:31
The noobz team is incredible!
Almost as good as Dark_AleX!

No, 2.81 downgraders wont work until we find an exploit for >2.81 PSPs. we wont make any "progress" until then ;)

aries2k4
January 15th, 2007, 00:35
Great work!. Glad to see devs working together and helping each other out. One big happy family, lol

ab88
January 15th, 2007, 00:51
:) cool for brickofobics.

mexicansnake
January 15th, 2007, 01:04
Nice release!. :)

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 01:25
goddamnit. everytime i see 2.80 downgrader news, i always think its a 2.81 downgrader >.<

I feel your pain. But try to be patient. The PSP scene obviously is not dying down so as long as we keep moving forward and growing strong I'm hopeful that some 2.81 exploit developments will emerge.

QUESTION FOR FANJITA:

If Fanjita happens to come by and see this post or if anyone else wants to answer, that is fine.

If you are not yet aware, the current downgrader for 2.71 TA-082 corrupts something with IDstorage and USBHost support. Maybe a couple other things as well.

So with that said and now this new downgrader, do you recommend upgrading 2.71 TA-082's to 2.80 and using this downgrader instead?

The bundled TA-082 registry fixer includes the latest fixes to make sure that USBHost support won't be messed up.
Thanks in advance for any comments about that. And thanks to Fanjita, Ditlew and the rest of Team Noobz!

Bobtentpeg
January 15th, 2007, 01:42
Awesome, But be careful with your psp guys. There is always a chance with TA-082 and Regular psp that you will get bricked.
Wow, just to let ya know it works

I downgraded my 3.03 Oe-B psp and upd to 2.8:eek: :eek: just to test it for another forum:D .It works fine and is a little easier then the DAX one. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anger
January 15th, 2007, 02:43
i have to say - its about time all the greats got together - even if unnofficially - to release something truly great. so congrats, well done and thank you.

mnuhaily22
January 15th, 2007, 02:57
Nice job guys, this is a much to be proud of success.

Emeriastone
January 15th, 2007, 06:03
AH, noobz are the BEST. Way to go. Simplifying the actual 'noobs' lives so the don't complain when they dg and brick.

Next step: exploit 2.81!

patrickracine
January 15th, 2007, 06:21
I have a PSP purchased in Canada, model PSP-1001k, I think that is the original. My question is, will this safely downgrade this model as well as the TA-082?

aCoL
January 15th, 2007, 07:25
they are talking about this

http://pgrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/ta-082_spot.jpg

open your umd case and look PSP-1001K is irrelevent last i heard :)

patrickracine
January 15th, 2007, 07:41
Thanks for the response, but there is absolutley no number in that area of the UMD slot. I guess I'm left with asking if this is possible to figure out based on the model and year. Also, does it really matter so long as it's an older PSP?

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 07:59
Thanks for the response, but there is absolutley no number in that area of the UMD slot. I guess I'm left with asking if this is possible to figure out based on the model and year. Also, does it really matter so long as it's an older PSP?

No, it doesn't matter.

If you have a PSP-1001k you are good to go! Just make sure you are currently running 2.80 firmware (I assume you already checked this in System Information) and this should work fine.

Remember, this is for 2.80, and 2.80 with TA-082!

So don't worry if you don't see the IC1003 in the UMD slot.

Tips to remember:

1.) Plug in AC Adapter
2.) Make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% capacity
3.) Not always necessary but doesn't hurt to format your memory stick

patrickracine
January 15th, 2007, 08:31
Thank you seriously, these were my first posts, so thanks for making things easy. I'm going to try and downgrade tonight, and I'll post my findings in the morn. Thanks again for all the other night owls out there.

patrickracine
January 15th, 2007, 09:27
Thank you all. Seriously, I got this psp way back and upgraded it right away to 2.5x wihtout even thinking about it. Now, after so long I can finally enjoy some real homebrew. Downgrader worked like a charm even though my heart seemed to be going crazy for that one minute. Cheers! And now, if I can get up the courage it is on to the custom firmware.

benn
January 15th, 2007, 09:45
2.81 please

oh and patrick - custom firmware rocks. i got one on that and it is amazing.

i now need 2.81 cracked though as i just bought my wife a pink psp and it is 2.81 :(

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 10:26
Thank you all. Seriously, I got this psp way back and upgraded it right away to 2.5x wihtout even thinking about it. Now, after so long I can finally enjoy some real homebrew. Downgrader worked like a charm even though my heart seemed to be going crazy for that one minute. Cheers! And now, if I can get up the courage it is on to the custom firmware.

You are very welcome. I'm glad things went good for you and that you are not a part of the PSP homebrew scene. There is nothing I like seeing better than new people discovering and joining the scene.

I would definitely upgrade to 3.03 OE-B if I ware you. It is well worth it. You will have to upgrade to 3.03 OE-A first and then run the OE-B update.

froggie22
January 15th, 2007, 11:06
2.81 please

oh and patrick - custom firmware rocks. i got one on that and it is amazing.

i now need 2.81 cracked though as i just bought my wife a pink psp and it is 2.81 :(

2.81 has been cracked but just no exploit found yet. yeh the custom firmware is pretty siik im lovin it!

Fanjita
January 15th, 2007, 11:33
QUESTION FOR FANJITA:

If Fanjita happens to come by and see this post or if anyone else wants to answer, that is fine.

If you are not yet aware, the current downgrader for 2.71 TA-082 corrupts something with IDstorage and USBHost support. Maybe a couple other things as well.

So with that said and now this new downgrader, do you recommend upgrading 2.71 TA-082's to 2.80 and using this downgrader instead?

Thanks in advance for any comments about that. And thanks to Fanjita, Ditlew and the rest of Team Noobz!

This TA082 idstorage patcher includes fixes for all of the currently-known problems with the idstorage hacks, so as far as we know you should no longer have any USBHostFS-related problems.

If you want to be really safe, you could use a NAND-dumper app (there's one included in the HEN package, for instance) to grab off a copy of your flash before you run the idstorage patcher. That way, if any further problems are found with idstorage hacking, then you would at least have a chance of being able to recover the original data to repair it.

The downgrader auto-detects TA-082/086 and will tell you, then won't let you go any further until you do the right steps, so you don't need to worry too much about working out the version for yourself.

shrimpidy
January 15th, 2007, 11:54
wouldn't it be better to make a 3.0 downgrader first? cus then it would just require updating and downloading and more people will be able to use it.

MonTANa90
January 15th, 2007, 12:04
Thanks n00bz, was planin on downgrading with the 0okm downgrader for my mate but id rather use this safer version so thanks for your hardwork. Nice to see people in the scene working together and maybe if dax n co joined your team you would be like the uberist ever, but it doesnt really matter because if dax is this unselfish in future we may get a 3.03 downgrader...prob not soon tho. Source is a very nice thing lol.

tsurumaru
January 15th, 2007, 12:09
wouldn't it be better to make a 3.0 downgrader first? cus then it would just require updating and downloading and more people will be able to use it.

THERE IS NO KNOWN EXPLOIT FOR 2.80+ FIRMWARE PSPs.

Without an exploit that allows access to the Kernal of the PSP there can be no downgrader.

Therefore it is currently impossible for anyone to make downgrader, its not that they don't want to or can't be bothered........

Bob1555
January 15th, 2007, 12:18
I've installed HEN, but I'm not going to use the d/g for a while, so I tried loading some homebrew with it. But none of it works, except the stuff bundled with it. All the homebrew I had previously worked with xLoader, and i tried putting unpatched versions on as well, but it all comes up to the blue screen then back to the XMB with the message 'Game could not be started', just as if you were to try to load it without any homebrew enabling software. Any help?

scottyboynow
January 15th, 2007, 13:27
I just downgraded, if a 2.80SE Firrmware Comes out i'll upgrade.

Cloudhunter
January 15th, 2007, 13:49
I just downgraded, if a 2.80SE Firrmware Comes out i'll upgrade.

... Why not upgrade to 3.03OE? There will never be a 2.80SE firmware.

Cloudy

Fanjita
January 15th, 2007, 17:24

Sure, tell me how to run unsigned code on 3.0 and I'd be glad to.

I usually find it's better to the possible stuff first. Impossible is nice, but usually takes a little longer.

gr42178
January 15th, 2007, 18:03
Impossible is nice, but usually takes a little longer.

Gotta love that attitude! Nice work as always.

4everAnoob
January 15th, 2007, 18:16
If you flash HEN-D to your psp, and update afterwards, could this brick your psp? Just in case I would have to update (sony has to give an extremely good reason to so).

Chrice
January 15th, 2007, 19:13
Are there any issues using this and mac os x? Doesnt seem to require any pc based actions?!

PS. Any else using Mac OS X and PSP/Homebrew please PM me, im thinking bout setting up a website for info related to the subject just wondering if its worth it.

Veskgar
January 15th, 2007, 23:48
If you flash HEN-D to your psp, and update afterwards, could this brick your psp? Just in case I would have to update (sony has to give an extremely good reason to so).

Well you wouldn't want to run a SONY update while running HEN-D. But if you were to use HEN-D and then downgrade/upgrade to 3.03 OE-B for instance you could just downgrade back to 1.50 and run a SONY update.

Of course that would be crazy for anyone to do.

homemade
January 15th, 2007, 23:54
Worked great for me, then again i never had any problems with downgraders in the past and i've used them at least more than 10 times.

baracki96
January 16th, 2007, 01:37
Awesome news, I downgraded on december 29th using ookm's and I really wish this wouldv'e been out then as it was an incredible emotional trip that left me without fingernails. For those with 2.8 ta-082 or those who waited for a "safe" downgrader, I'd like gto welcome you to the WWH ( Wonderful world of homebrew).

wakonda
January 16th, 2007, 10:58
Hi guys. Tryed to downgrade my friends PSP-1003 NOT ta-082 but unfortunatly I am not able to load the HEN files :-) Always freezes. Tryed with/without AC; formated the ms; switched to english; NO CHANCE - psp always freezes :-)
Any suggestions?

wakonda

UPDATE: puhh - Everything is ok! Successfully downgraded to 1.50 with Easy Downgrader :-)

-------------------------------
ceramic white 1000
firmwarehistory=1.5>3.02oe-a>3.02oe-b>3.03oe-a>3.03oe-b

WalkBy
January 16th, 2007, 13:39
I think that everything relating to the HEN-D would show up as corrupt, anyways I tried the noobz downdater for 2.8 > 1.5 when I run the UPDATE vr X.ZY I just get an error message with the code 80020148. Can anyone help?

hungrytim
January 17th, 2007, 00:47
After downgrading to 1.50, will my ta-082 be able to upgrade to any of the golden firmware's (ie: 3.02 oe-b or 3.03 oe-a)?

mewru
January 20th, 2007, 18:43
I HaVe A PrObLeM WiT DiS... Cn SuM1 HeLp Me???
WhEnEvEr I TrAnSfEr Da HeN D FiLeS 2 My PSP AnD Go2 PhOtOs 2 RuN It, ThE PSP FrEeZeS...
WTF Du I Du??? SuM1 PlZ HeLp Me... I'vE Bn WaItInG 4 A LoN TyM 4 DiS DoWnGrAdEr 2 CoMe OuT... :(

Malksta
January 20th, 2007, 19:03
WhEnEvEr I TrAnSfEr Da HeN D FiLeS 2 My PSP AnD Go2 PhOtOs 2 RuN It, ThE PSP FrEeZeS...
WTF Du I Du??? SuM1 PlZ HeLp Me... I'vE Bn WaItInG 4 A LoN TyM 4 DiS DoWnGrAdEr 2 CoMe OuT... :(

How about you get decent spelling and type correctly?

benn
January 21st, 2007, 01:27

damn that is 1 of the most irritating posts i have ever seen!
are you sony in disguise trying to pretend to be a 'streetwise teen':rofl:

robbytherob
January 22nd, 2007, 20:31
At a risk of sounding really thick where do i get the v1.5 upgrade EBOOT file from....I'm new to this and don't want to brick my psp.Just can't see where it is???

scassmink
January 23rd, 2007, 18:10
I am eternally thankfull i have tried for ever to find a downgrade and this is the first one. and it worked! thank you all!

nibblemynutz
January 24th, 2007, 02:35
When I run hen, my psp just turns off.

Could someone help me out?

alex_wolf^
January 25th, 2007, 18:51
erm i might seem like an utter retard, but where do i DL the official 1.5 eboot file to save as UPDATE.PBP in PSP/GAME/UPDATE.
I have hen installed, with all the files in the right folder, but when i run the downgrader i still obviously need the update.pbp file, and dont wanna risk using the wrong one an bricking the psp. cheers for any help :P

gr42178
January 25th, 2007, 19:05
erm i might seem like an utter retard, but where do i DL the official 1.5 eboot file to save as UPDATE.PBP in PSP/GAME/UPDATE.
I have hen installed, with all the files in the right folder, but when i run the downgrader i still obviously need the update.pbp file, and dont wanna risk using the wrong one an bricking the psp. cheers for any help :P

Go to this thread:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-official-guide-how-to-install-3-02-oe-a-then-to-oe-b-to-run-psone-games-47121.html

There are links to all the files you will need.

Weirdo109
January 25th, 2007, 20:31
I have just got a silver 1.5 jap PSP from success HK.

I think it might have the TA-082 (inside the UMD draw on the board it has IC1003.

Can anyone tell me if I need to do a firmware upgrade.
If I can do a firmware upgrade.
How I do a firmware upgrade on this unit.
And finally where to get the files.

I wouldn't normally but such a pain. Theres just so many threads and posts it all gets confusing.

Help much appreciated.

Sinista88
January 27th, 2007, 01:18
make a downgrader for 2.28!!!!!!!!

benn
January 27th, 2007, 13:27
make a downgrader for 2.28!!!!!!!!

wtf! i was unaware that there even was a 2.28...... do u mean 2.82?
if so you need to wait a while as 2.81 has not been done yet.

Ziim
January 31st, 2007, 06:57
Ok, how do you tell if ya got a ta-82? On the back of the pcb is a brown dot?!? Its refurbished! Is that a sign of possible TA-82? thanks

Yobumtin
January 31st, 2007, 09:02
Check to see if there's a golden number on the corner after opening your umd drive. It should read C1003. If you have that that means you have a TA-082.

Ziim
January 31st, 2007, 16:57
were the c1003 number would be is a brown dot! Any ideas, again its refurbished unit from sony.

Yobumtin
January 31st, 2007, 19:01
Alright so how old is it? And what was the factory firmware?

Ziim
February 1st, 2007, 05:56
i got it 1 month ago and it contained 2.60! is there any other way to determine if its a ta-82 or is it ok to downgrade it as a ta-82 even if it isnt?

Ill take a picture of it with my phone so ya can see what im talkin about.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k179/Ziim0/01-31-07_2205.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k179/Ziim0/pspredcirc.jpg

gr42178
February 1st, 2007, 14:07
i got it 1 month ago and it contained 2.60! is there any other way to determine if its a ta-82 or is it ok to downgrade it as a ta-82 even if it isnt?

Ill take a picture of it with my phone so ya can see what im talkin about.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k179/Ziim0/01-31-07_2205.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k179/Ziim0/pspredcirc.jpg

Ziim, your looking in the wrong spot. You have to look on the chip itself (its a green surface). Take another look and get back to us...

Ziim
February 1st, 2007, 17:01
LOL, that is of the chip! My camera sucks and to get a descent picture i needed to illuminate the psp. The chip is green and that Brown DOT is located where the c1003 number would be. I go back to the fact that this is a refurbished-used and repaired by sony. I think the brown dot was put there to coverup the c1003 number or is some other marker that the board was replaced. The brown DOT looks like fingernail paint or some other type of markin paint. Does anyone know what the brown paint looking dot, that is in the location of were the c1003 number would be, is?

d3v1l
February 2nd, 2007, 10:41
omg if it is to cover up the ta-082...sony is sooo evil..though hearing ur story i think they just covered it up..why dont u try to run something like the downgrader, fanjita said if ur psp is a ta-082 or 86 the program would tell u?

Anger
February 2nd, 2007, 11:38
it isnt a ta-082 however it may be a ta-086.
the dot isnt large enough to cover the text as the text goes left to right or right to left (cant remember if its upside down or not) but either way it is horizontal.
i would try the previous posters idea with caution and be 100% sure that your using the correct downgrader and loader. also you need gta lcs remember to downgrade.
as far as i know theres currently no way to tell a ta-086 mobo on a psp thats why you must use caution. gl.

factor remix
February 7th, 2007, 23:34
this only support ta-082?

wiredforpower
February 7th, 2007, 23:41
I can never get the HEN_280 exploit to run. I know its unstable, but its so unstable it wont run and I've tried around 20-25 times. Any ideas? Maybe upgrade to 3.03 and use that instead?

factor remix
February 7th, 2007, 23:43
My chip is bloked and its in the opposite side as picture show. I think its 1003IC... theres other way to know if my psp is ta-082?

Edit: I have found that my number is: IC6001, its a ta-081, will ta-081 work with this downgrader?

Shrygue
February 8th, 2007, 00:02
I can never get the HEN_280 exploit to run. I know its unstable, but its so unstable it wont run and I've tried around 20-25 times. Any ideas? Maybe upgrade to 3.03 and use that instead?

Maybe try formatting the memory stick?

factor remix
February 8th, 2007, 00:51
I had briked my psp the first time I tried to downgrade from 2.50 to 1.5, then I send it to sony. Sony fixed it and gave it to me with 2.80 installed. I was ok, I will get the eLoader from noobz and fanjita. Then I heard that 3.10 OE-A can play PAL PSX games good, I want to downgrade it. I was trying to find the savest downgrader for 2.80, I found this, but I dont know if this is compatible with TA-81.

Please reply if its compaible or if its not... I dont want to brick my psp again!

factor remix
February 8th, 2007, 02:24
Downgrader succefull!!!

Thanks D_A... ur my legend :)

flash90
March 9th, 2007, 08:23
the psp want file that calld ((DATA))where is it????:confused:

F9zDark
March 11th, 2007, 02:10
OK, whats the deal here? I cannot get HEN to properly work and I have tried numerous times. I followed the main page's link to a TA-082 downgrader and it came up with this, even though I had a gut feeling that one existed for 2.71 (since my bro's psp was 2.71 TA-082 and I downgraded just fine). However, in a rush for my friend, I upgraded to 2.80 upon seeing this thread.

And now I cannot get HEN to work at all. I am not gonna upgrade again to downgrade from another known downgradable firmware because I don't want to further minimize my chances of downgrading. Has anyone else had a problem with this downgrader?

Is there another link to HEN for 2.80 in the event that maybe the link is bad? I really don't know what's going on, but with my bro's 2.71 HEN loaded on the first try without a problem. This PSP just freezes instantly upon viewing the photo...

Added:

Nevermind I got it to work finally, had to restore to default settings first...

titch71
March 11th, 2007, 11:45
I have downgraded a couple of 2.80's all i can say is dont give up on the hen tiff exploit

Pretty sure the 2nd one was about 30 times at least before it worked. Also as above resetting to default settings seems to help :)

aghastpumpkin
March 20th, 2007, 12:55
Hey guys. My PSP just switches off when I run Hen. Just keep trying?

Cloudhunter
March 20th, 2007, 13:00
Hey guys. My PSP just switches off when I run Hen. Just keep trying?

Indeed. If possible, use your smallest memory stick, and one person reported success with restoring default settings beforehand.

Cloudy

aghastpumpkin
March 20th, 2007, 13:01
Ok - thanks.

aghastpumpkin
March 20th, 2007, 13:24
Ok guys I went on the Noobz website. You need to wait 20 seconds or so before going into your Hen folder. Then it works straight off.
No need to have to keep trying that way.

Edit: I'm stuck again. i go to run the update file and it says there is no need to update. How can I get this to work? I presume I'm doing something wrong....:(

valovedder
March 22nd, 2007, 11:59
hi guys complete noob trying to downgrade. I have installed all files in the corect place. I can get 2.80 HEN to run ( checked with the cube ). I have renamed the v1.5 eboot as UPDATE.PBP. When i try to run the downgrade it starts up but then comes the message cannot find UPDATE.PBP. i have put it in the same folder as the downgrade PSP/GAME/UPDATE any help will be most appreciated.

Cloudhunter
March 22nd, 2007, 12:40
Rename the 1.5 update to plain UPDATE instead...

Cloudy

valovedder
March 22nd, 2007, 15:37
Cheers Cloudy, thanks for your help!!

Sileon
March 22nd, 2007, 16:37
I just want to check to make sure, but this works with TA-082's that were factory 2.6, right? A lot of other downgraders seem to have a problem with this.

EDIT: Whew...tried it anyway. Success; it worked with my TA-082 F2.6. I guess a few of you already knew it would. =/ My heart was beating so fast when I got that default settings error on start up. Jesus Christ. It's a long walk to Walmart to claim a warranty.

dunjamon
April 10th, 2007, 15:11
Been reading through this forum for a while now...and am finally going to downgrade...but is it possible to upgrade to 3.03 Oe-c once done? Is it worth upgrading...I've read that 3.03 Oe-c has all functions of 1.5 plus other things.

Or should i just use devhook? Will I be able to play new games with 1.5?

Thanks.

ps...what is ta82downgrader.zip for?

gr42178
April 10th, 2007, 16:57
Been reading through this forum for a while now...and am finally going to downgrade...but is it possible to upgrade to 3.03 Oe-c once done? Is it worth upgrading...I've read that 3.03 Oe-c has all functions of 1.5 plus other things.

Or should i just use devhook? Will I be able to play new games with 1.5?

Thanks.

ps...what is ta82downgrader.zip for?

Yes, you can downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.10OE, its way better than 1.5. You can do everything 1.5 does and you can use the playstation 1 emulator and play UMD's that require higher firmwares.

dunjamon
April 10th, 2007, 17:05
is it possible to go back to 1.5 from any OE firmware? just in case.

and can you run devhook on 3.10OE?

nafg20
April 13th, 2007, 07:13
WAt is Ta-o82 and how do i find out wat my PSP is?

dunjamon
April 14th, 2007, 21:50
Lil help needed...so I upgraded from 2.01 to 2.80. Then ran HEN and tried the cube demo. That all worked, then I renamed the 1.50 eboot file to "UPDATE.PBP" and copied it to "PSP/GAME/UPDATE" and went in picture viewer and it kept saying corrupt file. Why is this?

I'm sure I don't have a TA-082, my motherboard has some text at the left....and none on the right!

dunjamon
April 15th, 2007, 07:26
WAt is Ta-o82 and how do i find out wat my PSP is?

TA-082 is a version of the motherboard...just look back through this thread...page 4 I think.

dunjamon
April 15th, 2007, 20:58
WOOHOO!

Sorted...upgraded to 2.71 and then downgraded instead! Thanks for all the help guys :thumbup:

superfly
June 10th, 2007, 06:08
Ok, im going to sound like a moron agen, but i only check this stuff once every few mounths, ok i know i dont have a TA-082 cause i dont have the lil numbers behind the UMD thingy (like on page3) im running 2.82, is there anyway besides using GTA to downgrade my PSP, or should i kick it and drump it in the trash?

truckerwil
June 17th, 2007, 17:42
All,

Grateful for some help and advice. I have recently purchased a PSP with firmware of 2.71 (with TA-082 motherboard). I would like to downgrade the firmware to 1.50 so that im able to use DEVhook 0.52. I have had a look in lots of places and am confused.

Help appreciated in advance.

Allan:thumbup:

mauiwowee24
July 8th, 2007, 01:57
ZOMG i love you guys

Liquid007
July 17th, 2007, 13:12
I'm sure that this question was ask before but no one anwsered it. I installed the HEN successfully and put the EBOOT file under PSP/GAME/UPDATE
and when I try to run the EBOOT the psp tells me that there is no need to run an update blah, blah, blah... What should I do about this? An anwser would be very much appreciated.

l12l
July 23rd, 2007, 13:34
Sweet amazing. It works.

I'm sure that this question was ask before but no one anwsered it. I installed the HEN successfully and put the EBOOT file under PSP/GAME/UPDATE
and when I try to run the EBOOT the psp tells me that there is no need to run an update blah, blah, blah... What should I do about this? An anwser would be very much appreciated.
Did you follow everything exactly?

It took me a while to HEN the machine, but after I got that I was good. Well, after I found the Update program. I did not know that I needed to install that as well.

The title of the file is a bit misleading. It says TA-082downgrader, but you need it no matter what to run the update file. I thought it would be through the standard firmware device. It aint.

sarwan
October 19th, 2007, 13:23
hey whats up i wanted some info about the DOWNGRADE 1.50 -> 3.02 OE-A, B process can some one give me some info

vickersdan
October 24th, 2007, 21:17
evrytime id do this i go into hen file it jus says corrupt data and a pic of a hen

mykis
January 6th, 2008, 19:47
Excuse me, I'm new to this. Can anyone tell me what the XMB is? in the readme file it said "Go to the PHOTO viewer of the XMB and enter in the folder "HEN_280"."

mykis
January 6th, 2008, 20:45
AND ALSO. It said to copy the contents of the "MS_ROOT" folder to the root of the memory stick, but the root of my memory stick has the original PSP folder, and windows wants me to delete the original so the new one could go it. so what should i do?

Tinnus
January 6th, 2008, 21:09
XMB is the main menu of the PSP. You should say it's OK to overwrite, it won't delete anything in the existing folder except duplicate files (which shouldn't exist anyway).

Do some search because all of this (downgrading, custom firmware, getting started with homebrew) has been covered millions of times.

MizuNami
January 16th, 2008, 21:06
i know this question will be the stupidiest on the fourm and praobly here already...my current psp is upgraded to official firmware 3.51 ...is it possible to use anything to downgrade it ..or will this program brick my psp

enutz
June 26th, 2008, 19:28
Hi guys lost track of how many freezes, wont even let me select hen sometimes other times, screen goes black, ill keep rebooting til i get a response i guess.

andwhyisit
June 27th, 2008, 01:13
i know this question will be the stupidiest on the fourm and praobly here already...my current psp is upgraded to official firmware 3.51 ...is it possible to use anything to downgrade it ..or will this program brick my psp

Your psp's firmware is above 2.80. So it won't work. You need to use the pandora battery. This is for firmwares 2.80 and below.