PDA

View Full Version : Ps1 on PSP troubles...rookie mistake?

TheQuestion
January 15th, 2007, 06:43
Hi all. I'm having some trouble running PS1 games, and hoped someone could help.

I was on 1.5, upgraded to 3.02OE-A and then to OE-B. My regular homebrew stuff works fine, emulators and whatnot.

So I read through all the readme's for Popstation, and it seemed pretty straight forward. However after successfully converting a game from disc (after wiping the dust off :D ) to iso to eboot, the game won't run.

The hotshot icons appear, and when I choose it, I get the Sony warning about this being a converted game and so not all the things work as expected, etc, etc - but then the PSP shuts off.

I read in a FAQ how this may be a problem in conversions, but it also happens with the original hot shots game files too which I didn't touch). I have tried putting the files in both my \PSP\Game and Game150 folders, but neither work. And to be sure, all I need is the eboot.pbp and the keys.bin file, correct?

I sure would appreciate some help on this one - I have no idea what to do from here.

(Also I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking for this help!)

gdf
January 15th, 2007, 21:24
i have similar problems, but now my 'omebrew aint workin anymore. (bla bla, GAME150, 1.5 kernel etc)

mikebeaver
January 15th, 2007, 22:33
I read in a FAQ how this may be a problem in conversions, but it also happens with the original hot shots game files too which I didn't touch). I have tried putting the files in both my \PSP\Game and Game150 folders, but neither work. And to be sure, all I need is the eboot.pbp and the keys.bin file, correct?

I know it sounds stupid, but theeboot.pbp and the keys.bin files need to be in thier own folder, within the "ms0\PSP\GAME" folder you can name it what you want.
Also, if you use the new popstation.exe that comes with 3.03 OE-B you can rename the files to what they should be, thus giving you the ability to have more than one game on a memory stick, and then there is compression.

try that and see how you get on.

TheQuestion
January 16th, 2007, 01:13
I know it sounds stupid, but theeboot.pbp and the keys.bin files need to be in thier own folder, within the "ms0\PSP\GAME" folder you can name it what you want.
Also, if you use the new popstation.exe that comes with 3.03 OE-B you can rename the files to what they should be, thus giving you the ability to have more than one game on a memory stick, and then there is compression.

try that and see how you get on.

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear in my original post. I did in fact put them in their own folder, I meant that I put them in their own folder within the game dir and the game150 dir.

Can I use the new Popstation without having to update to 3.03oe? Or should I up to 3.03?

Thanks!

mikebeaver
January 16th, 2007, 01:46
Nope you need to update to 3.03 OE-A at least to use the new version of popstation, as far as im aware you cant use compression with the older version of the firmware.