PDA

View Full Version : March 23 launch date likely for PS3

Darksaviour69
January 15th, 2007, 12:05
Ad campaign to run towards end of month, says TBWA

TBWA has told GamesIndustry.biz that the UK advertising campaign for PS3 will begin towards the end of March - supporting suggestions from a senior retail source that the console will launch on the 23rd.

Last month, SCEE boss David Reeves confirmed that the PS3 is still on track to reach Europe in March, despite rumours to the contrary. However, Sony has yet to reveal an official date and price point for launch.

Speaking to GI.biz, a spokesperson for advertising agency TBWA said the marketing campaign for the console "launches towards the end of March" - which would suggest that an early March date is unlikely.

That's been backed up by a retail source who told GI.biz, "It's safe to assume that the PS3 launch will be towards the end of the month. My money is on the 23rd."

The source also confirmed reports that Sony is set to announce the final details of the launch within the next fortnight.

source: Gameindustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=22225)

MikeDX
January 15th, 2007, 12:48
yawn

who cares about the ps3 anymore... most people who want a next gen console already have both an xbox360 and a wii....

dejkirkby
January 15th, 2007, 12:58
yawn

who cares about the ps3 anymore... most people who want a next gen console already have both an xbox360 and a wii....

and still spent less than a PS3!

lmtlmt
January 15th, 2007, 13:02
I'm still getting one

irongiant
January 15th, 2007, 13:18
yawn

A lot of people care, most people who want a next gen machine are waiting until both have been out for a while. If the 360 was the number 1 choice then it's lead would have been much larger than it is.. 10m shipped does not mean 10m sold.

January 15th, 2007, 16:50
yawn

I'm sick of idiots like you, I really, really am.

I'm going to get one on launch hopefully, but if its anything like the Japanese and US launches I'll have to wait :(

paul1991
January 15th, 2007, 18:28
Ha Ha.
It has alredy failed in the US and Japan and they havent even decided on a release date for the UK. It wont matter when they launch it, it will suck.

Xiofire
January 15th, 2007, 18:57
Ha Ha.
It has alredy failed in the US and Japan and they havent even decided on a release date for the UK. It wont matter when they launch it, it will suck.

Why do people just hate the PS3 all of a sudden? I remember when it was first announced, and everyone was lyk ":thumbup: " about it. Now its just, "P$3 W1ll g3t 0wn3d by teh Xb0x 360 and t3h Wii!!!!!!11!1!!1one!!!one"
If yew dont like the PS3, then dont post, simple as that.
-Xiofire

Shrygue
January 15th, 2007, 19:03
I still want to get one when it finally arrives here in the UK no matter what happens. Just does anyone know or at least guess how much it will cost to get one?

Xiofire
January 15th, 2007, 21:01
I still want to get one when it finally arrives here in the UK no matter what happens. Just does anyone know or at least guess how much it will cost to get one?

I heard that they were any where between £335 or £425, but im guessing the higher estimate.
-Xiofire

Shrygue
January 15th, 2007, 21:04
That's good to know. I figure it could well be the higer £425 price but I'm still hoping it's £335.

F9zDark
January 15th, 2007, 21:11
yawn

If you don't like the PS3 then don't post here... The Wii fad will die out by the end of the year and that will leave only 360 and PS3 in the 'next gen' battle.

Honestly, how can anyone think that a system like the Wii will last? The steep learning curve for playing games that are actually made for adults on the Wii is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that the unreliability of the Wii-mote makes game playing very frustrating.

Both of my friends who own Wiis have started complaining of the difficulty of the gaming experience, the wii-related injuries that have resulted from using the Wii-mote for more than 30 minutes (namely in COD 3, where the wii-mote acts as the pointer for the cross hair...) and the misreads of the Wii-mote.

Needless to say, neither of them talk about it at all anymore and the fact that I play CS with one of them almost all the time now, indicates that he doesn't play it much anymore either...

Xiofire
January 15th, 2007, 21:16
If you don't like the PS3 then don't post here... The Wii fad will die out by the end of the year and that will leave only 360 and PS3 in the 'next gen' battle.

Honestly, how can anyone think that a system like the Wii will last? The steep learning curve for playing games that are actually made for adults on the Wii is ridiculous, not to mention the fact that the unreliability of the Wii-mote makes game playing very frustrating.

Both of my friends who own Wiis have started complaining of the difficulty of the gaming experience, the wii-related injuries that have resulted from using the Wii-mote for more than 30 minutes (namely in COD 3, where the wii-mote acts as the pointer for the cross hair...) and the misreads of the Wii-mote.

Needless to say, neither of them talk about it at all anymore and the fact that I play CS with one of them almost all the time now, indicates that he doesn't play it much anymore either...

Yeah, i have a Wii, but i cant see myself playing it for hours on end lyk some people. Red Steel is frustrating, Zelda is ok, but it gets boring after an hour or so. And Wii sports is unresponsive, with Tennis getting frutrating when yew try to back hand the ball, and yew smash it out of the court. Im just hoping SSBB and Metroid Prime 3 changes my mind about the Wii.
For now, ill stick to my 360, and Gears of War :)
-Xiofire

Edit: 200th Post! Sorry

F9zDark
January 15th, 2007, 22:04
Edit: 200th Post! Sorry

Congrats on 200th post :)

Xiofire
January 15th, 2007, 22:32
Congrats on 200th post :)
Thanks thee very muchly.
What games is everyone getting at PS3 launch, if you are buying a PS3 of course?
Im hopefully getting Resistence and Ridge Racer (Sony haters, please hold your screams of Riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Thank you.)
-Xiofire

jereminion
January 15th, 2007, 22:59
Why do people just hate the PS3 all of a sudden? I remember when it was first announced, and everyone was lyk ":thumbup: " about it. Now its just, "P$3 W1ll g3t 0wn3d by teh Xb0x 360 and t3h Wii!!!!!!11!1!!1one!!!one"
If yew dont like the PS3, then dont post, simple as that.
-Xiofire

people knew from day one ps3 was gonna be bad

wowzors
January 15th, 2007, 23:11
people knew from day one ps3 was gonna be bad

Thats like saying microsoft knew from day one 360 would be a hit in japan....oh wait.

If people knew it was going to be bad, then why do they go through the hassle of saying told you so when you said it 4 year ago.

But to the main point:

Your absolutely right games like MGS4,DMC4,RFOM,FFXIII surely wont sell a system.

While Gears of War and Halo have almost sold out the 360 as must have games.

Theres 4 lies above.

mavsman4457
January 15th, 2007, 23:36
Thats like saying microsoft knew from day one 360 would be a hit in japan....oh wait.

If people knew it was going to be bad, then why do they go through the hassle of saying told you so when you said it 4 year ago.

But to the main point:

Your absolutely right games like MGS4,DMC4,RFOM,FFXIII surely wont sell a system.

While Gears of War and Halo have almost sold out the 360 as must have games.

Theres 4 lies above.

You meant to say that there are 4 lies in this post. Thus counting that sentence as one lie. BUT since you said 4 lies ABOVE, you are wrong, haha.

F9zDark
January 16th, 2007, 00:04
I think he was talking about the games, that there are 4 must have titles for the PS3 as opposed to the 360's 2.

Xiofire
January 16th, 2007, 20:55
Dont forget Kingdom Hearts 3, Black 2, Heavenly Sword or Gran Turismo HD! Those will be great games.
-Xiofire