PDA

View Full Version : Right, let's start recovering this?

wraggster
September 19th, 2012, 23:32
via http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/10042-right-lets-start-recovering-this/

Firstly, thanks for all your (kind) emails.

As a start I've built six 600mhz units in the silver cases, they have the new nubs, new LCD cable etc.

Fully working, ready to go.

$299 each. PM me.

Many of you are offering to upgrade to the 1Ghz to try to help. This will help get things moving again, and will keep it moving until we get our tax back on those 100 units, at which point things should be back in gear.

Now, the obligatory FAQ to try to stop the same (unhelpful) things being said time and time again:

Q) Why did you refund those orders for big money?

A) Because we are required to by law. It was either potential court action or refund. Court action could freeze and liquidate the company very quickly, there have been bizarre situations where companies have been made bankrupt over £100 debts by just ignoring them.

Q) But why didn't you negotiate with them to try to stop them happening?

A) We did to an extent, but if someone wants their money, you have to give it back to them. In some cases we have negotiated with people for months before they threaten us with legal action. It's not nice to end up in that situation, and I don't think it leaves a very good impression. If we had just refunded right away they might have come back one day, but now they won't.

Q) What now?

Right, I'l like to go ahead with the planned 1Ghz publicity we have prepared. From these sales we will do a 1 for 1. Each unit sold will cover a preorder.

But remember, there will still be cancelled orders, returned units and issues while doing all this.

But that promotion should clear the 1Ghz backlog.

Then we're back to clearing original orders.

That's it, simple as that.

Then, next month we get the tax refund and we have a buffer zone once more.

That's all we can offer right now, let me know if you think we should do something else.

PS considering offering some kind of cheaper upgrade deal for 10 days, good, bad idea?