PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Super dial-up?

Shilo
January 15th, 2007, 16:54
I got probably the worst internet, dial-up with a company called Shentel. The fastest I have downloaded at has been about 4kb a second. But, that is until I went here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=328311#post328311 and downloaded this NES emu in less than a sec and it is 1.01mb:eek: And, I know I have never goten it before, and I have no clue why it would go so fast:confused:

quzar
January 15th, 2007, 17:14
have you verified the file is good? Otherwise it could have just claimed to be finished downloading. If it actually did download it could be something like it had been downloaded by someone just a bit ago on the same dialup service and it was in their cache or some such.

splodger15
January 15th, 2007, 17:39
Or buy a better ISP

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 17:57
yup, i had 20 times faster than normal dial up (used to)dial up service

Shilo
January 15th, 2007, 18:00
have you verified the file is good? Otherwise it could have just claimed to be finished downloading. If it actually did download it could be something like it had been downloaded by someone just a bit ago on the same dialup service and it was in their cache or some such.

Download is good. I doubled checked it. If only its like that all the time. Stupid lazy phone company doesn't want to update our outdated phone lines so we can get DSL.

Mister Klownes
January 15th, 2007, 18:02
yeah, I'd make sure the file was downloaded completely. I've had the most trouble with downloads finishing early on DCEmu...sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts to get the whole thing.

gdf
January 15th, 2007, 22:27
maybe it meant 1.1 kb lol. sometimes my dial up will also go fast but it lasts for 2-3 secs then goes back down to 3 or 4 kbps

quzar
January 15th, 2007, 23:20
maybe it meant 1.1 kb lol. sometimes my dial up will also go fast but it lasts for 2-3 secs then goes back down to 3 or 4 kbps

That's just due to things using bad math to average things.

jonezybaby
January 15th, 2007, 23:58
yeah, I'd make sure the file was downloaded completely. I've had the most trouble with downloads finishing early on DCEmu...sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts to get the whole thing.

same here, it pisses me off sumtimes