PDA

View Full Version : PSP plugin for Avi,Divx & Xvid support is a Trojan

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 15th, 2007, 17:00
A lame pathetic geek by the name of 'Sc00p' earlier released a TROJAN, claiming it brought avi-plugin divix and xvid support to the PSP. Luckily this was spotted this in good time to identify its danger. As Dark_Alex reminded us whenever an unknown dev is believed to be releasing a super application, 99% of the time its a hoax.Please if you come across this applictaion DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR RUN IT !!!!

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 17:59
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu............. not good at all.....
anyways, what does it do to harm rthe psp?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 15th, 2007, 18:07
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu............. not good at all.....
anyways, what does it do to harm rthe psp?

Nowt but your pc will get raped via its A*@ehole.So if your happy with that please feel free to try it :) lol.

Shrygue
January 15th, 2007, 18:28
Just as well I haven't even tried to download this fake application.

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 18:39
Nowt but your pc will get raped via its A*@ehole.So if your happy with that please feel free to try it :) lol.

eeeewwwwwwwwww.................
no thanks, lol :rofl:

Emeriastone
January 15th, 2007, 18:40
Man, don't even encourage such fiendishness. Dumb kids and their dumb Trojans.

grit
January 15th, 2007, 18:43
A lame pathetic geek by the name of 'Sc00p' earlier released a TROJAN, ....................

Lame and Pathetic, yes.
Geek, no.

Nobody installed it where he posted it. :p
He just made a fool of himself.

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 18:44
hey, i used to those things and had so much fun doing it, but now,,,,,,,,,, meh its useless and no point doing it

emuking
January 15th, 2007, 18:45
everybody use it, it works, just kidding :D
that's really lame to try and screw people over like that

ExcruciationX
January 15th, 2007, 19:33
Thank's for the warning...

NovaKane
January 15th, 2007, 19:38

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 19:38
are they're new plugins for the psps? besides this one which it scares me

Jonesyxxiv
January 15th, 2007, 19:46
I always get my homebrew from Dcemu anyway.

Cloud_35
January 15th, 2007, 21:08
Me too.

Oh, and for all the losers who downloaded that...

HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

wolfpack
January 15th, 2007, 21:09
.... oops

mavsman4457
January 15th, 2007, 22:37
That is dumb but it is a good idea. What is holding someone back from making that plugin?

sakamoto
January 15th, 2007, 22:48
are they're new plugins for the psps? besides this one which it scares me

sure ... try this one: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=44455

DarthPaul
January 15th, 2007, 22:52
lol! this is a trojan for PC,but..this works on PSP to play the mentioned formats..? if it does i don't care about having a trojan in the pc.. haha! joke

Veskgar
January 16th, 2007, 00:10
Its a shame that some people try and do harm to the scene.

But it is reassuring that everyone was smart enough to identify almost immediately that it was suspicious.

The kind gents over at MaxConsole including Dark_AleX were kind enough to give us the name and ip address of the Trojans creator. So I'm sure some people had some fun with some good old fashioned payback. ;-)

Let this be a lesson to those who try and defraud, cause harm, or otherwise hurt the scene. We will not only see through you to what you really are but your personal information will be discovered and made public to the masses. Such was the case with the fake Dark-AleX website.

Don't mess with PSP homebrew~

baracki96
January 16th, 2007, 01:08
holy sh** if I would've seen this I woouldv'e downloaded it pronto, glad Im just finding out about it know. For all those who do things like this, I hope when your making or distributing your viruses that they jump out of the computer, eat you, and then proceed to burn your and your accomplices' psps. sorry, I just really hate when things like this happen because someone wants to have a laugh at someone elses misforune. If you want to do that,go laugh at the poor. Then, Charma can beat the sh** out of you:) Edit: just read the above post, and being friends with an someone with experiance in tracking ( cough *bounty* cough) I am going to have some fun with the trojan distrubator, a pizza place that does homedelivery, and a camera/youtube combo. il n'y a pas quelque chose comme vengeance:)

psp411
January 16th, 2007, 02:54
ahahaa... im not dat gullable... i wud neva install dis on ma comp @ any time

kiore
January 16th, 2007, 03:20
thanx for the heads up - although multi vid support would be nice wouldn't it