PDA

View Full Version : CWCheat 0.1.6 Rev. G for 3.03 OE GAME & POPS

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 15th, 2007, 17:47
Cheaters, cheat with ease, thanks to weltall and the latest revision of CWCheat. It’s available in two builds, one of which allows you to load the database from a different location (cwcheat-gamecompatibility.prx); this will hopefully prevent games like Socom from crashing. Otherwise, below is the full 0.1.6 Revision G changelog:

* fixed the code type D1 there was a little bug [POPS]
* brightness reworked a bit now it should be more responsive [ALL]
* brightness is now saved and loaded from file 0 = disabled 1 = 25% 2 = 50% 3 = 75% 4 = 100% [ALL]
* fixed a little glitch in the id reading function which made cwcheat show om or rom when the executable was named PSX.EXE. Now PSXEXE is showed [POPS]
* added xploder code types 90, 70 and 00 [POPS]
* now it’s possible to read gme memorycard (no save support ATM) press R to exchange gme< ->mcr [POPS]
* added a build which loads codes from the kernel partition you can use that as a temporary fix for games which have problems with the volatile partition (like socom and nfs)[GAME]
* added back support for 302OE emulator memory cards now it’s automatically detected if it’s the 303OE emulator or the 302OE one
* prx for psp games is updated to latest functions [GAME]
* added 32bit search support for builds with GS/AR support: the output code will be a two line code [POPS]
* All was moved to ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/ so the dh folder isn’t needed anymore [ALL]
* battery temperature is now showed [ALL]
* other things [ALL]

0.1.6 Rev. G is compatible with 3.03 OE GAME (cwcheat.prx) and POPS (cwcheatpops.prx), meaning you’re able to cheat just about every PSP and PSX game with this release.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via weltall

porchemasi
January 15th, 2007, 18:19
We need a nice Game Shark prx for pops for 3.03 OE-B

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 19:29
ok im completly new to this stuff how do i get this working on ff7? do i need to make a cheat before it will work cause i press select wen in ff7 but nothing hasppens..and will this work on umd games?

Jonesyxxiv
January 15th, 2007, 20:15
I cant get the menu to come up. Dont you just hold select?

Edit:

ok im completly new to this stuff how do i get this working on ff7? do i need to make a cheat before it will work cause i press select wen in ff7 but nothing hasppens..and will this work on umd games?

yeah same with me select wont open the menu. (I didnt read your post before posting)

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 22:02
so how do we get this to work?

Jonesyxxiv
January 15th, 2007, 22:29
so how do we get this to work?

I dont know. It seems no one wants to help us out. :(

kayhanbakid
January 15th, 2007, 22:40
Are you sure you placed the se plugins folder in the memory stick root and turned on the plugin in the recovery menu?

Jonesyxxiv
January 15th, 2007, 22:56
Are you sure you placed the se plugins folder in the memory stick root and turned on the plugin in the recovery menu?

Yep

carlitx
January 15th, 2007, 23:20
yes i did that

Veskgar
January 16th, 2007, 00:21
I wish I could help with some of the questions but I have NEVER used this plugin before. But this update looks really good. I may give it a whirl.

This doesn't require you to flash anything to your PSP does it?

Also, I've seen it posted elsewhere that you can use CWCheat to do other things like take screenshots and overclock your PSP with the touch of a button, etc. etc.

Is this true?

I never like "cheating" on games too much. But I'm interested in any extended features this may give 3.03 OE-B.

If someone who has been using this for a while could give a quick rundown it'd be appreciated.

ppo
January 16th, 2007, 00:28
you open the window by clicking selelet L and the D pad! (I don't know whish button ont the D pad but it works if you press them all)

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 00:42
nope never worked still grr this is stupid:@

Jonesyxxiv
January 16th, 2007, 01:19
you open the window by clicking selelet L and the D pad! (I don't know whish button ont the D pad but it works if you press them all)

You might be thinking of the GTA cheat device

Larry
January 16th, 2007, 01:51
CWCheat needs 1 huge function i havent seen yet.

It needs the ability to manually add in and name cheats, THEN save to the db file.

To manually add a cheat i have to do a trash search get 2 or 3 random addresses and change the entire addresses before adding them. But then i cant name them.

It would be great if there was a key to just ADD a new cheat AND name.

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 01:58
how do i work this thing?

jim80b
January 16th, 2007, 11:02
to work this...
HOLD SELECT during a game

this works on all my psp games,
fifa 07 crashes but you can bypass the plugin by holding R on launch

havent tried pops yet

kelvinwu
January 16th, 2007, 11:18
wow ~ it works great . thanks :thumbup:

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 18:58
i tryed holdin select in my popstation games but it doesent work ARGGH ill try a umd!

Jonesyxxiv
January 16th, 2007, 19:14
to work this...
HOLD SELECT during a game

this works on all my psp games,
fifa 07 crashes but you can bypass the plugin by holding R on launch

havent tried pops yet

Ive tried that. Ive used older version of this plug in but this version wont work for me.

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 19:49
ya still no go for me none of the plugins i try work i hate this stupid psp of mine:@

jim80b
January 16th, 2007, 19:51
have you tried turning plain modules on in the advanced section of the recovery menu

post back with results

carlitx
January 16th, 2007, 20:20
yes its enabled i know how to install this....i read the instructions word by word

Cho Aniki
January 19th, 2007, 06:08
I have edited the Cheat.db file like this:

_S SLUS_00067
_G CASTLEVANIA
_C0 castlevania: inf life
_L 80097BA0 270F
_L 80097BA4 270F
_C0 castlevania: inf mp
_L 80097BB0 00FF

and it still doesn't wanna show up in the cheat select menu , anyone wanna give me a clue?:)

edit: whoops edited wrong textfile , now cheats work:)

SINIStER
January 19th, 2007, 17:21
This wont work for me either, It's a shame no one wants to help :P

SkatesBest
January 19th, 2007, 21:48
We need a nice Game Shark prx for pops for 3.03 OE-B
yea since this wont work..it would be nice to have a psx gameshark plugin.

Also i think ive read somewhere (Dont know if its true)..but the reason why the menu wont show up is because the memory sticks arent fast enough or something like that....

in order for the screen to show up do you need to have cheats for that game..and the game has to be recognize..could that be the reason why it wont show up?

RaDevil
January 22nd, 2007, 06:18
OK, I downloaded like 5 versions of this thing, I've followed both the PDF versions of the guide and the notepad versions, I've installed it (I think) the way it told me to, putting the MS_ROOT folder into the main folder of the PSP (where you have the MP_ROOT and PSP folders) and nothing. I hold R-Button when booting, did everything I've read here so far, and those damn plug-ins don't show up in the "advanced -> Advanced configuration" area. What am I doing wrong??

Seriously, I only got the new firmware so I could play Legend of Legaia, and I get to a certain point, and it freezes, I then find out that I can use this program to bypass that through a save that I can use to load a point after the freezing event, but all people ever post is this program and the save file that needs to be converted, not the converted save file or a guide on how to install this thing, step-by-step. The guides just vaguely say "then put this here, after that do this".... how do I get to "doing this"!??

I frustrated, annoyed, and now nobody will help me fix this problem. I swear to god Sony, when I find out who developed the PSN Store, I'll... just make us buy LICENSES, not entire games, then let us load up our own games with a specific license, that way I can play Legaia without all this crap. I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed soon. Someone, please, find it in your heart to help us.

appie01
January 22nd, 2007, 16:31
:thumbup: this is GREAT :thumbup:

thanks to this app i can finaly play disc 2 of
metal gear solid for anyone with this problem
here's how i did it:

step 1 you must save before going down the stairs after beating sniper wolf in the snow
then hold select for the menu to show up then go to
manage memcards and choose save memcard 1 to memstick then exit

step 2 is load the game on pc with epsxe use the save on your memstick go down the stairs then it will ask 4
cd2 press esc and choose change disc load up cd 2
and save again (overwrite the file on memstick)

step 3 is to load mgs cd 2 on psp hold select again
go to manage memcards and choose load memcard slot 1 from memstick then go to load game and voila
mgs disc 2 on psp

playing the game for the second time on psp now
with stealth :thumbup:

appie01
January 22nd, 2007, 16:36
OK, I downloaded like 5 versions of this thing, I've followed both the PDF versions of the guide and the notepad versions, I've installed it (I think) the way it told me to, putting the MS_ROOT folder into the main folder of the PSP (where you have the MP_ROOT and PSP folders) and nothing. I hold R-Button when booting, did everything I've read here so far, and those damn plug-ins don't show up in the "advanced -> Advanced configuration" area. What am I doing wrong??

Seriously, I only got the new firmware so I could play Legend of Legaia, and I get to a certain point, and it freezes, I then find out that I can use this program to bypass that through a save that I can use to load a point after the freezing event, but all people ever post is this program and the save file that needs to be converted, not the converted save file or a guide on how to install this thing, step-by-step. The guides just vaguely say "then put this here, after that do this".... how do I get to "doing this"!??

I frustrated, annoyed, and now nobody will help me fix this problem. I swear to god Sony, when I find out who developed the PSN Store, I'll... just make us buy LICENSES, not entire games, then let us load up our own games with a specific license, that way I can play Legaia without all this crap. I'm tired. I'm gonna go to bed soon. Someone, please, find it in your heart to help us.

dont know 4 sure but it worked 4 me

when booting hold r for recovery
go to plugins enable both plugins
go back and then go to advanced settings
and enable plain modules for umd cso

then go in game and hold select for about 3 seconds and voila worked for me

carlitx
January 22nd, 2007, 17:21
yayaya we know how to install it we all read the read me we just want to know if these not working means somethings wrong with our flash memory? i have already went back 2 1.5 and than to 3.03 OE-B twice already and still no go we need DAX to fix it lol

faffyface
January 22nd, 2007, 21:06
i got this to load properly, but when I enable the cheats, they show up and show to be enabled, but dont work. any ideas?

SkatesBest
January 23rd, 2007, 01:59
Can somebody tell me how to make memory cards from my epsxe emu to work on pops...ive read the txt file about it..but i didnt understand

F9zDark
January 29th, 2007, 03:33
Mine works (menu works that is).

Also, for anyone having problems with the databases (at least for POPS cheats). The DBs in sceplugins/cwcheat folder are the ones that are loaded during pops, NOT ms0.

Just so you all know.

Scorchiolio
February 11th, 2007, 21:19
I've been having trouble also.

I've enabled both plugins, and enabled plain modules in UMD/ISO. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :\ Does this release work in 3.03 OE-C?

uchihapride
February 15th, 2007, 18:14
haha IF ANYONE IS LOOKING HOW TO MAKE LEGEND OF LEGAIA WORK on 3.03 OE-c firmware then i got the answer, IT DOESN"T! the reason being is there is a glitch within the game in the fighting. i began with 3.02 OE-b to find out the game had graphic glitches then i upgraded to 3.03 oe-c firmware and installed cw cheat 1.6 and had the data to pass the trainer through my emu on my comp. everytime u fight anything at all it is inevitable it will freeze and the game would just stop ater legend of legaia is one of those roms that are unplayable on the psp

Shinatako
February 18th, 2007, 17:09
has anyone even gotten this thing to work at all? preferably on 303 oe-c

Shinatako
February 18th, 2007, 17:24
try pressing select + L in game to bring up cheats menu (kinda funny story cuz i was all " fuk dis game" and press it and i was all "oh shi...what is this???")

edit: oops, didn't mean to double post, thought i was editing