PDA

View Full Version : Shining Force EXA

wraggster
January 15th, 2007, 19:34
New PS2 Game released, heres the details:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.78694.002.jpg

From the publisher: A bitter war between two world superpowers has raged on for decades with armies of beasts and demons devastating the people and the land. With both sides deadlocked, two young heroes rise up to begin a heroic journey to stop the fighting and unite the divided world. As either Toma, a talented sword fighter boy, or Cyrille, a cunning female sorceress, you’ll venture into a stunning world of swords and sorcery teeming with a huge variety of tribes. With aggressive offensive and defensive strategies, you’ll lead your battle party into combat while protecting your home base, the Geo Fortress, from massive attacks.

Sega's Shining Force EXA for PlayStation2™ is shipping today as Japanese version release at US$ 64.90 only. The US release version of this game is expected to be released in March.

Tactical battles with deeper strategy. Use aggressive offensive and defensive strategies to protect your fortress and fend off encroaching enemies.
Defend your Fortress with your own battle style. When you're not leading your battle party, guard your base with five battle types.
Two playable heroes in one adventure. Bring peace to the war torn region with Toma's one-handed and two-handed sword attacks or Cyrille's long-range magic spells and crossbow attacks.
Revamped Party AI. Utilize the specific battle tactics of your party members for more power and range in battle.
Develop and customize your warriors. Upgrade your characters through battle experiences and customize them with hundreds of items and weapons.
Enhanced Power Arts System. Players will master different Power Arts and unleash a wide variety of magic attacks.

More Info --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-3-74-1av-49-en-84-n.html

Shrygue
January 15th, 2007, 19:38
That game looks good. I should see about getting it sometime...

JKKDARK
January 15th, 2007, 19:47
oh yeah I love this serie :)

wolfpack
January 15th, 2007, 21:28
shining force... these games are classics. i still have the sega cd one... what a great game

geise69
January 18th, 2007, 20:13
Too bad it's just a hack and slash game and has absolutely NONE of the same gameplay as the 16-bit originals or Shining Force 3 senarios 1-3. I have no idea how this ties in with any of the Shining Force series. I played the last ps2 one and it ok, but it definitly didn't seem like a Shining Force game. They need to just do a new 2d one on the handhelds. Guess I'm just a grumpy old man gamer living in the past. :p

Ramza042
January 19th, 2007, 00:52
I have to agree, I LOVE the old 2-d shining force games. I still have shining force, shining force 2 and shining force cd for sega genesis/cd. I've played shining force on the game boy advance, and I have to say, I'm not real sure if I like it or not.