PDA

View Full Version : See where MGS soldiers are hiding

Vega
January 15th, 2007, 21:33
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1032/mgsmapqd7.jpg

As you can see from the map above, Hideo Kojima's plan to launch a secret army in Japan is working quite well. A new service uses Google Maps to show you the points of interest you'll want to hit in order to recruit new characters via Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops' unique and innovative GPS mode. Although an English language version of this service is supposedly "coming soon," I wouldn't be surprised if it never saw the light of day: certainly, it would be a far more demanding undertaking to travel across the entirity of America in order to unlock as many characters as possible.

Of course, the true Metal Gear fans have already started their cross-country trek.

Discuss via Comments

via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com)

Bobtentpeg
January 15th, 2007, 21:46
notice how it only shows ppl in japan. like no one else plays MGS

rbervoets
January 15th, 2007, 21:49
kwl

Squidman
January 15th, 2007, 21:59
that's kewl, now i wish i had the GPS thing, lol

F9zDark
January 15th, 2007, 22:02
notice how it only shows ppl in japan. like no one else plays MGS

Although an English language version of this service is supposedly "coming soon," I wouldn't be surprised if it never saw the light of day: certainly, it would be a far more demanding undertaking to travel across the entirity of America in order to unlock as many characters as possible.

To the original post:

I HIGHLY doubt anyone traveled across Japan to find out the secret location of the characters; obviously Konami sent in the longitude and latitude coordinates for the character finds to be put on the map.

Don't the retards at PSPFanboy use their ****ing heads?

hd_
January 15th, 2007, 22:19
It is also possible that several people contributed from all over the country.

acn010
January 15th, 2007, 22:23
i have the game, later i'll be a soldier!!!

Inuyasha_989
January 15th, 2007, 23:13
Where do you go to get this map? I tried just google maps, but nothing turned up.

Emeriastone
January 15th, 2007, 23:19
Well, plus, the GPS unit isn't really out but for Japan.

But is this like a plugin?

Bobtentpeg
January 15th, 2007, 23:32
Where do you go to get this map? I tried just google maps, but nothing turned up.

click n the pspfanboy link then the link in the article

Vega
January 16th, 2007, 01:09
Im hoping someone uploads a savegame sometime through the year with all the soldiers unlocked.

F9zDark
January 16th, 2007, 02:24
Im hoping someone uploads a savegame sometime through the year with all the soldiers unlocked.

Don't think that will happen. Why? Because the save game is tied to your account on Konami to play online.

Vega
January 16th, 2007, 02:32
weak.

F9zDark
January 16th, 2007, 06:11
I suppose I can borrow my bro's psp to test, but he doesn't have an account with Konami yet; maybe it will work. I have a feeling it might not though.

Also, I have a feeling people might not want to share; soliders you find or acquire can be VASTLY more powerful than those of other opponents, giving you an advantage for your hard work. Since essentially any solider you get can be used online, whether he has 50 health or 2000 health (don't know if its possible, but you get the idea).