PDA

View Full Version : sdl with kos on codeblocks error, help please

rinfus
September 23rd, 2012, 20:42
well it is the last resort to come here (ive looked practicaly all over the web for a solution) but ive been haveing issues with the dc dev enviroment that dc dev r4 has provided when used with codeblocks (big thanks to its creators, its like a retards guide to programing for the dc)
but ive hit an issue that i cant find any solution for.

it started when after checking the compiler worked with the usual hello world, i decided to get into sdl so i can finaly get some games ported, but everytime i simply added "include sdl/sdl.h" and started using the comands in sdl it would always give errors about not recogniseing it,
so i found i had to link the librarys in the compiler options, so i linked the sdl library, and that worked, but now im getting this "getenv" error that no matter how hard i search all i find is people saying "just use makefile with cygwin"

this is the last hurdle i need to overcome people, could someone please tell how to either get past this getenv error or tell me how to use cygwin and edit/create/use makefiles for compileing, or send me in the right direction,
thank you. :)

oh and i apologise for this being in the wrong place, i only later searched around and found the dev forumn that this should have been under, as you can tell its been a while since ive been here >.<