PDA

View Full Version : SEGA MODEL 3 on PSP - Possible?

M Dash
January 16th, 2007, 10:57
OK, I have a question... Maybe dumb, but a question...

Would it be possible to create/port an emulator of SEGA MODEL 3 for the PSP??

I mean... about the R*MS, they could be cached (just like the MVSPSP emulator) resolving the memory RAM 32MB limitation issue...

About the power comparing MODEL 3 to the PSP...

Of course the PSP is more powerfull...

Then, I guess it would be possible..

Now, can some expert tell me if it's possible?

Just curious :P

(I'm just a BIG fan of Daytona USA 2 XD)

Specs of MODEL 3 as it follows:

Main CPU: IBM PowerPC 603 @ 66, 100, 166 MHz
Graphics Chip: 2× Lockheed Martin Real3D/Pro-1000
Sound CPU : Motorola 68EC000 @ 11.3 MHz
Sound Chip: 2× Yamaha SCSP/YM-292F 128-step DSP, MIDI interface, 64 voices, 4 channel, maximum of 16.5 MB ROM, 64 PCM channels
Main RAM: 8 MB
Audio RAM: 1 MB
Graphical Capabilities: Texture mapping, Trilinear filtering, Micro texturing, Specular reflection, Gouraud shading, Flat shading, Anti aliasing, Alpha blending

PSP Specs as it follows (don't think it's necessary, but what the heck!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_Portable#Technical_specifications

Cheers.

Bytrix
January 16th, 2007, 12:53
If it were possible to make a working emulator the speed would be nowhere near playable. The PSP isn't that much faster than the Model 3.

The Model 1 and 2 I would say are more suitable for emulation looking at their specs but the Model 3 is way more powerful.

ACID
January 16th, 2007, 13:16
Remember to emulate a system. The emulating counsil (PSP) has to be atleast 4 times more powerfull.

mikebeaver
January 16th, 2007, 13:21
just having daytona original would be great,imagine playing the only good version of sega Rally and manx TT super bike, would be very cool.
Not sure if it could be done though :(

Darksaviour69
January 16th, 2007, 13:47
na, not going to happen.

sega rally on the saturn was near perfect port, and the manx TT port was not too far off!

Bytrix
January 16th, 2007, 14:15
Remember to emulate a system. The emulating counsil (PSP) has to be atleast 4 times more powerfull.

And that is assuming the architecture is similar. In this case it isn't and under these circumstances we would say 8-10 times faster (as the CPU has to try and emulate all the chips contained in the system).

M Dash
January 16th, 2007, 14:57
well... at least I tried XD

OHMYGAWDIMINFIRE!

JKKDARK
January 16th, 2007, 15:32
It's impossible please

No Sega Model 2, no Sega Model 3, no Sega Saturn

M Dash
January 17th, 2007, 16:43
I wouldn't say that MODEL 2 WOULD BE impossible...

as for Sega Saturn... Maybe... I mean... Even the Dreamcast is somehow beeing able to emulate it.. and the PSP is more powerfull than the DC... only maybe...

As for Model 3... well... model 3 is kinda like a DC (little minus advanced) so... oh well...

Darksaviour69
January 17th, 2007, 17:00
M Dash the psp and DC are very different hardware, and even though the psp has a better processor, its lacking many things the dc has. Basicly the psp is not "more powerfull than the DC"

also the saturn has Two Hitachi SH-2 processors while the dc has a SH-4 processor so its easier for the dc to emulate it. still don't expect a full speed sat emu for the dc anytime soon

M Dash
January 17th, 2007, 17:48
M Dash the psp and DC are very different hardware, and even though the psp has a better processor, its lacking many things the dc has. Basicly the psp is not "more powerfull than the DC"

also the saturn has Two Hitachi SH-2 processors while the dc has a SH-4 processor so its easier for the dc to emulate it. still don't expect a full speed sat emu for the dc anytime soon

I didn't said that I was expecting full speed sat emu on the DC... loool

Anyways... BAH... PSP can't do it... oh well..

Hey, how about the Mega CD?? or 32x?

That would be possible right?

LOOOL There's not even a full speed Genesis PSP emulator and I'm already thinking about a 32X or MegaCD one XD

Arcade fan
March 3rd, 2007, 14:25
It is possible at the moment only if sega do it,,midway arcade treasures 3 has a few 32 bit games and also a few 128 bit games all straight from the coin op and they all run at 100% speed the people who are building these emulators don't have the same knowledge as sega and companys like that have sega made the model 3 arcade board they know it inside out and they can emulate it at 100% because of this, it will be a while before the people who make these emulators work out a way to make them run at full speed on a computer that is the same speed as the arcade hardware.