PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Freedom 2 sets record on PSP

Vega
January 16th, 2007, 13:44
via pocketgamer (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PSP/Monster+Hunter+Freedom+2+sets+record+on+PSP/news.asp?c=2153)

According to Capcom, pre-orders for Monster Hunter Portable 2nd (as the franchise is known in Japan) have already surpassed the 400,000 mark, making the dragon-slaying RPG sequel the most successful PSP game prior to release in Japan.

Appropriately, this ties in nicely with the record set by its predecessor, the engrossing and predictably entitled Monster Hunter Portable (Monster Hunter Freedom in the west), which became the first PSP game to break the 500,000 barrier. Early indications suggest its sequel is likely to easily match that, and in record time, too.

We'll find out soon enough – in Japan, the second Monster Hunter PSP game is due on February 22nd. While it's tempting to put an order in from here, the text-heavy nature of the gameplay means it should really only be imported by those proficient in Japanese.

For everyone else, then, it's waiting time. No date has yet been confirmed for the English version, although the original eventually emerged last May in the UK (after a Japanese December release) so that should give us some indication (Christmas 2007, perhaps?).

razorak
January 16th, 2007, 13:50
oooo...i want the english version...
for some strange reason my friend told me the 2nd monster hunter would be released in July...no idea which language he was talking about...=X

pt9087
January 16th, 2007, 13:58
I have never liked this game, i dnt see myself as a nerd playing stupid non-realistic games like this.

steve-b
January 16th, 2007, 15:30
I really hope this comes to Europe, with infrastructure mode intact. I'm still playing the first one pretty much exclusively. 420 hours and the end is finally in sight...

Makaveli777
January 16th, 2007, 15:48
I have never liked this game, i dnt see myself as a nerd playing stupid non-realistic games like this.

Its actually a pretty good game but only if it has infrastructure. Playing by yourself though it sucks. If your a fan of realistic games and shooters then you might not like this. Me personally will only buy this game if it has infrastructure.

Nookadum
January 16th, 2007, 17:07

This coming from a guy who plays FPS that have unrealistic physics. :lol: Anyways, each to their own. I hope this comes in an English version with WiFi still set in place.