PDA

View Full Version : Entries now being taken, including for the new 'Best British Game' category.

wraggster
September 24th, 2012, 12:31
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) today announced Harvey Elliott as the new Chairman of its Games Committee. Harvey replaces Ray Maguire whose term as Chairman ended in July, but remains on the Committee as an elected member. Harvey is the Managing Director and COO of Marmalade, a leading cross-platform software technology business, and oversees the Ideaworks Game Studio under the same company group.

Today also sees the British Academy Games Awards in 2013 open for entries. The Awards include one new category, Best British Game, that celebrates the best game across all platforms created by a British development studio.

For the first time this year, studios and developers will qualify for one complimentary game entry if they enter their games into the Awards before Monday 22 October 2012, helping the Awards to be as inclusive as possible.
Campaigning has also been introduced, which brings the Awards into line with BAFTA’s other annual Awards ceremonies. More information on this and the entry process, rules and guidelines can be found at <gp_link type="http" loc="//www.bafta.org/games">www.bafta.org/games</gp_link> (http://www.bafta.org/games).

Harvey Elliott, Chairman of the BAFTA Games Committee, said: “I am looking forward to developing BAFTA’s games strategy during my new Chairmanship. As part of this, I am very excited to announce our new Best British Game category, giving us the opportunity to reward thegreat wealth of British talent in our industry. In addition, we are offering a complimentary entry to each company, making the Awards more accessible, particularly to those smaller developers, and hopefully seeing more games being put forward for consideration than ever before.”
Comedian and gamer Dara O’Briain will host the Awards ceremony for the 5thyear running, which takes place on Tuesday 5 March 2013 at the London Hilton, Park Lane.