PDA

View Full Version : DS gets a New Zealand Story Revolution

wraggster
January 16th, 2007, 16:09
New Zealand Story may not mean much to younger gamers, but the granddad-aged gamers (Oi! I remember it - Ed) will fondly remember it from one of the best arcade games of the eighties.

The DS remake, New Zealand Story Revolution, looks to bring back much of the original game's charm and is bound to be a nostalgic treat for fans of the little yellow chick.

Rising Star Games has already confirmed that the themes of the worlds will remain untouched from the original, but will have all-new layouts.

NZSR will also challenge the player with new touch-screen puzzles, as can be seen in one screenshot where the player must catch Tiki, you character, on the bottom screen before he falls onto the spikes below.

There is currently no release date for NZSR, but as it's been in development for some time now, we're expecting it to land by the Summer this year.

Screens Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=155506)

HaloJ
January 16th, 2007, 16:40
I do hope they keep it similar to the original release and don't try and vamp it up with too many useless touch centric mini games.

Oh and I'm only an Auntie. :P

fryguy
January 16th, 2007, 19:18
According to dvdcrave it will be released in Australia the 25th January this year. I hope it's true!

Amethyst
January 16th, 2007, 21:13
This is awesome. Like HaloJ, I do hope they don't go force stupid little gimmicks (I'm haunted by Pac-Man World 3).

Trooper1
January 17th, 2007, 11:49
Screenies look great, And i almost want this. I remember and still play this classic through emulation, To have a native version on the DS would bring a little tear of joy to my eye. But i fear they are going to ruin this port/remake just like they did with Rainbow Islands (Revolution) with the exclusive touch screen controls for the platform elements (which brought tears of horror to my eyes), Instead of using the tried and tested dpad formula which made it a classic the first time round. Hello, I say hello, We have a dpad here, Please allow us to make use of it.:D

Rant mode/: OFF

Trooper

MikeDX
January 17th, 2007, 12:48
The killed rainbows islands and slaughtered bubble bobble - only saved by the old version.

Stop trying to break stuff!!!