PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Rom Hacking Site

wraggster
January 16th, 2007, 17:45
Via Insert Credit (http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001539.html)

I didn't know about this until frank pointed it out - there's actually a wiki for rom hacks out there. It's quite neat. Go to the Super Mario Bros. 3 page, for instance, and you see all the hacks the community knows of for that game, so the one where the enemies are replaced with Spiderman villains, or the 'lost levels' patch, which allows access to development-only incomplete levels. Then the patch for the rom is linked. It's very well laid out into each console, then alphabetized. So there's a section for NES, SNES, GB/GBC, GBA, Genesis, and N64 (not much in that one though). As you can imagine, the bulk of the hacks are for the NES (there's even a Sesame Street ABC hack called The Muppets Take it all off). Anyway, really nice place, and worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. And of course, if you have hacks of your own, that's the place to put links to them!

Check out the Rom Hacking Wiki (http://www.datacrystal.org/wiki/Main_Page)

It should go without saying but no asking for or posting Commercial Rom Links.

Amethyst
January 16th, 2007, 21:09
That's pretty cool. I like the easy layout.

I've been visiting Zophar's Domain for Mario level hacks. Most work on NESDS.

Veskgar
January 16th, 2007, 22:15
Hey that is really cool! Nice to learn about that.

Cap'n 1time
January 16th, 2007, 22:17
I love rom hacks... mostly because i love old games.

Old games + new developments = good.

mickey61
January 16th, 2007, 22:45
i use rom hustler but ill take a look at this site thanks

psp411
January 16th, 2007, 23:07
this site is siiiiikkkkk!!!!! yo i wanna make ma own version of pokemon... more for the older adolecents hahahahah :D :cool:

devmas
January 17th, 2007, 00:45
I knew about this site, when it first opened, thanks to Zophar's Domain. It is an excellent, albeit slow-progress ROM hacking web site. I used to be very into ROM hacking for the NES, but my passion for it died when the scene started moving slow. (Say, Zophar's Domain, a site that used to be updated daily - now updated once a year with ROM hacking news.) I hope Datacrystal willl change that.

DUDE91345
January 17th, 2007, 03:45
Cheack out romhacking.net.Best place on the net for rom hacks.Always up to date to.

emuking
January 17th, 2007, 05:01
cool this place sounds interesting

Cap'n 1time
January 17th, 2007, 09:07
Cheack out romhacking.net.Best place on the net for rom hacks.Always up to date to.

Indeed that is a good site. Its one of those that I check at least once a day :)

shadowhawk22
January 17th, 2007, 18:46
Woah! You opened my eyes to the SNES hacking scene. I also found this website - http://www.smwcentral.net/

It has a lot of Super Mario World hacks, and some reviews to lead you to the "good stuff". I love this game a lot, and I love even more the fact that I can play these "new" SMW games on my PSP. How fricken cool is that?!

Christuserloeser
January 17th, 2007, 21:56
I love rom hacks... mostly because i love old games.

Old games + new developments = good.

Nothing to add.

Nice site btw :)